pitt6pack

AAF Field Database - Salt Lake (3/18/19)

Recommended Posts

New league, new fields. 

 

Looks like from week 1, the AAF is putting more effort into their fields in general then the NFL, so I enjoy that (something to look at other than the poor quarterback play).

 

First up, the Arizona Hotshots.

Things I noticed: The endzones and midfield logos use a green that is much lighter than the team colors. It does look like they used paint, but not a very dark green. At the 25's there is a star which is where the ball starts when a team gets the ball (in replacement of kickoffs). The star was on all of the feilds this past weekend, but oriented differently in some cases. Four AAF logos, all on the 25s between the numbers and midfield hashes. Only San Antonio didn't have this layout, due to the Alamodome logo. Proportions of the logo at midfield were actually 10% shorter than the official logo. All other fields had some college numbers/hashes visible or covered up, other than this field. Looks like new turf. Arizona is the only team that had a secondary logo in their endzone, instead of some form of lines angling towards the corners.

 

Overall, not a bad field, and one of the better ones, if not the best from this past weekend.

 

Edj0JEh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might just be me, but the red looks really harsh if that makes sense. It's very bright and I didn't think it was like that during the game but I could be wrong. 

 

Other than that, I can't wait to see copies of the other fields!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bucknut42 said:

It might just be me, but the red looks really harsh if that makes sense. It's very bright and I didn't think it was like that during the game but I could be wrong. 

 

Other than that, I can't wait to see copies of the other fields!

 

Yeah, I see what you mean, kinda hard to look at. The brightness on my computer at home isn't as much. I'll try to dull it down. In the game it was a deeper red/orange. 

Edited by pitt6pack
Edited the brightness of the orange in the first post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice field for the Hotshots. Looked great on TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bucknut42 said:

It might just be me, but the red looks really harsh if that makes sense. It's very bright and I didn't think it was like that during the game but I could be wrong. 

 

Other than that, I can't wait to see copies of the other fields!

 

I actually felt the same way about this.  I love the logo but the bright red and orange together is just an assault on the eyes.  I wish there was white or black in there to break it up a little.

 

I can't wait for someone to start making AAF uniform concepts on this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 12:26 PM, SNBSlugger said:

 

I actually felt the same way about this.  I love the logo but the bright red and orange together is just an assault on the eyes.  I wish there was white or black in there to break it up a little.

 

I can't wait for someone to start making AAF uniform concepts on this board.

 

I did that a while back, but most were really only tweaks. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Birmingham Iron

One of three fields where college hashes were somewhat, or obviously present in week 1. Also one of three fields that had some form of stripes in the corners of the endzones. Maybe it's a style that was pushed by the league, because it seems too coincidental to happen on 3 of 4 fields the first week. Given that the alliance is one entity, and not 8 separate entities (liek the 32 NFL teams), there's a good chance there was a core group of people behind all the field designs in the league. So don't be surprised if we see more endzones stripes once we see the last 4 home fields.

 

H1WHcgf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orlando Apollos

LnyggVW.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 7:36 AM, pitt6pack said:

New league, new fields. 

 

Looks like from week 1, the AAF is putting more effort into their fields in general then the NFL, so I enjoy that (something to look at other than the poor quarterback play).

 

First up, the Arizona Hotshots.

Things I noticed: The endzones and midfield logos use a green that is much lighter than the team colors. It does look like they used paint, but not a very dark green. At the 25's there is a star which is where the ball starts when a team gets the ball (in replacement of kickoffs). The star was on all of the feilds this past weekend, but oriented differently in some cases. Four AAF logos, all on the 25s between the numbers and midfield hashes. Only San Antonio didn't have this layout, due to the Alamodome logo. Proportions of the logo at midfield were actually 10% shorter than the official logo. All other fields had some college numbers/hashes visible or covered up, other than this field. Looks like new turf. Arizona is the only team that had a secondary logo in their endzone, instead of some form of lines angling towards the corners.

 

Overall, not a bad field, and one of the better ones, if not the best from this past weekend.

 

xwXDSY2.png

Nice look on the Hotshots field. Though the field at Sun Devil Stadium is still being cut as it was a standard Arizona State game

With the lighter color grass cut between 5 to 15 yard lines, the 25 to 35 yard lines and the 45 to 45 yard lines. The darker cut is from the goal line to the 5 yard line, 15 to 25 yard line, and 35 to 40 yard lines. The green in the end zone is the same color as the green in the Hotshots midfield logo. Kind of sad that the number font is the generic one used at Chase Field for the Cactus Bowl instead of the custom font used for ASU games. That font has a history going back to the first few Fiesta Bowls in the 1970's

 

Image result for pictures of AZ Hotshots first game at sun devil stadium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 8:47 AM, SFCOM1 said:

Nice look on the Hotshots field. Though the field at Sun Devil Stadium is still being cut as it was a standard Arizona State game

With the lighter color grass cut between 5 to 15 yard lines, the 25 to 35 yard lines and the 45 to 45 yard lines. The darker cut is from the goal line to the 5 yard line, 15 to 25 yard line, and 35 to 40 yard lines. The green in the end zone is the same color as the green in the Hotshots midfield logo. Kind of sad that the number font is the generic one used at Chase Field for the Cactus Bowl instead of the custom font used for ASU games. That font has a history going back to the first few Fiesta Bowls in the 1970's

 

Image result for pictures of AZ Hotshots first game at sun devil stadium

 

Great pic. I was having trouble telling what the grass pattern was. Made the changes.

Edj0JEh.png

 

Birmingham had a minor change for week 2. No light green patches between the 20 and 30 on the left side of the field:

UWWjRyx.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

San Antonio Commanders

5r0YpSI.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

San Diego Fleet

VedyhyS.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job on the Fleet's field. Wish they fully colored in the end zones though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Memphis Express

ZgvoCNd.png

 

That covers all fields through the first two weeks.

 

I have to say, there is a lot of effort that went into the field designs, and fully painting most of the fields, or at least filling out the endzone with some sort of design that represents each team in an individual way. I'd love to see this kind of effort in modern NFL fields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 8:22 AM, pitt6pack said:

 

Great pic. I was having trouble telling what the grass pattern was. Made the changes.

Edj0JEh.png

 

One remaining item. They squished the field Numbers to 1/2 distance compared to the NFL standard at SDS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 2:19 PM, pitt6pack said:

San Diego Fleet

VedyhyS.png


I actually really like the endzones on this one, the grey shadow looks great contrasting to the green.

Great job on the reproductions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks amazing every field for every team of the newly-created AAF (a.k.a. The Alliance lol). Can't wait to see what's up next on your behalf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta Legends

8alieeS.png

 

Took me a while to get the numbers right on this one. Not a font used anywhere else.

 

Another good AAF field. I love the use of the wordmark at midfield, and lots of color in the endzone.

 

I'm still working on Salt Late, I'm just having trouble getting the exact font for the endzones. They are a standard block font, but I think I'm going to have to modify it by hand to get it right. The endzone font for the Utes isn't used anywhere else in school logos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salt Lake Stallions

gLNmjSR.png

 

Last field, and by far the most boring of the bunch. Not much they could do with the field other than what they did. Replacing the turf is impractical, and I don't think the school would allow the turf to be painted over. Even so, there would be either a lot of red to paint over, or blue endzones, and red sidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.