Jump to content

New Western Union Logo


rsaline
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
On 2/16/2019 at 6:38 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

 

Is it weird one of my favorite YouTube channels is a compilation of old commercials from the 70s-90s? There's just something about commercials from that era I love: pre-Internet, having to dial phone numbers. Such a time capsule.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Is it weird one of my favorite YouTube channels is a compilation of old commercials from the 70s-90s? There's just something about commercials from that era I love: pre-Internet, having to dial phone numbers. Such a time capsule.

 

Same here, love watching commercial breaks on youtube alot, when I was a kid we had some shows recorded from tv from the early 90s, would forward to the commercials and watch them over and over. Commercials back then just were nicer for some reason especially that 70s-90s timeframe like you mentioned.

Funny part is, sometimes ads from even back then work on me, I get Coast soap now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

 

Same here, love watching commercial breaks on youtube alot, when I was a kid we had some shows recorded from tv from the early 90s, would forward to the commercials and watch them over and over. Commercials back then just were nicer for some reason especially that 70s-90s timeframe like you mentioned.

Funny part is, sometimes ads from even back then work on me, I get Coast soap now.

 

It's not that I find them better or worse, it's just an interesting time capsule. Like commercials from the very early 90s were all about "x for the new generation," the late 70s had tons of commercials about supporting GM labor unions, etc. Just from watching commercials you can get a feel for what was important to society at that point in time. (Again, lot of early 90s commercials were all about things being natural, pure. Cue Crystal Pepsi).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Quillz said:

It's not that I find them better or worse, it's just an interesting time capsule. Like commercials from the very early 90s were all about "x for the new generation," the late 70s had tons of commercials about supporting GM labor unions, etc. Just from watching commercials you can get a feel for what was important to society at that point in time. (Again, lot of early 90s commercials were all about things being natural, pure. Cue Crystal Pepsi).

 

Well I guess I mean nice as it's interesting to see how different commercials were throughout time, and how things were different then, like how until the early 90s, lots of jingle's.

Even the 2000's commercials are now interesting to watch since we are 10 years removed or more from the decade.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I get that same time capsule vibe when I see one of these text-heavy ads (and with serifs... God forbid!). They were all over the place.

 

d9ee274edc770eb74715ca570ba33bf2.jpg

 

Don't get me started on the anti-serif fad of the past 10 years!

Awesome ad btw.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I get that same time capsule vibe when I see one of these text-heavy ads (and with serifs... God forbid!). They were all over the place.

 

d9ee274edc770eb74715ca570ba33bf2.jpg

Well that’s from a magazine/newspaper that use serifs as their standard to make reading easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, Jake3.roo said:

"Oh, cool, they updated the font, like everybody else these days— wait, what did they do to the S?"

I mean, what else can they do with their branding? It's supposed to be on a big ass sign on the front of their buildings and their website header. 


It looks clean, not everything needs to be amazeballs branding. I do wish they did more with the \\W thing, for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.