New Western Union Logo

rsaline

Guessing the weird lowercase i is to represent the 'rising of a new day's sun' or some bullcrap.

This is not an upgrade, nor is it a downgrade.  It's a lateral move to stay bad.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2019 at 6:38 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

Is it weird one of my favorite YouTube channels is a compilation of old commercials from the 70s-90s? There's just something about commercials from that era I love: pre-Internet, having to dial phone numbers. Such a time capsule.

15 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Is it weird one of my favorite YouTube channels is a compilation of old commercials from the 70s-90s? There's just something about commercials from that era I love: pre-Internet, having to dial phone numbers. Such a time capsule.

Same here, love watching commercial breaks on youtube alot, when I was a kid we had some shows recorded from tv from the early 90s, would forward to the commercials and watch them over and over. Commercials back then just were nicer for some reason especially that 70s-90s timeframe like you mentioned.

Funny part is, sometimes ads from even back then work on me, I get Coast soap now.

3 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Same here, love watching commercial breaks on youtube alot, when I was a kid we had some shows recorded from tv from the early 90s, would forward to the commercials and watch them over and over. Commercials back then just were nicer for some reason especially that 70s-90s timeframe like you mentioned.

Funny part is, sometimes ads from even back then work on me, I get Coast soap now.

It's not that I find them better or worse, it's just an interesting time capsule. Like commercials from the very early 90s were all about "x for the new generation," the late 70s had tons of commercials about supporting GM labor unions, etc. Just from watching commercials you can get a feel for what was important to society at that point in time. (Again, lot of early 90s commercials were all about things being natural, pure. Cue Crystal Pepsi).

19 minutes ago, Quillz said:

It's not that I find them better or worse, it's just an interesting time capsule. Like commercials from the very early 90s were all about "x for the new generation," the late 70s had tons of commercials about supporting GM labor unions, etc. Just from watching commercials you can get a feel for what was important to society at that point in time. (Again, lot of early 90s commercials were all about things being natural, pure. Cue Crystal Pepsi).

Well I guess I mean nice as it's interesting to see how different commercials were throughout time, and how things were different then, like how until the early 90s, lots of jingle's.

Even the 2000's commercials are now interesting to watch since we are 10 years removed or more from the decade.

4 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I get that same time capsule vibe when I see one of these text-heavy ads (and with serifs... God forbid!). They were all over the place.

d9ee274edc770eb74715ca570ba33bf2.jpg

Don't get me started on the anti-serif fad of the past 10 years!

Awesome ad btw.

10 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I get that same time capsule vibe when I see one of these text-heavy ads (and with serifs... God forbid!). They were all over the place.

d9ee274edc770eb74715ca570ba33bf2.jpg

Well that’s from a magazine/newspaper that use serifs as their standard to make reading easier.

Western Union.

The fastest way to send money...  to a Nigerian Prince. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, Jake3.roo said:

"Oh, cool, they updated the font, like everybody else these days— wait, what did they do to the S?"

I mean, what else can they do with their branding? It's supposed to be on a big ass sign on the front of their buildings and their website header. 

It looks clean, not everything needs to be amazeballs branding. I do wish they did more with the \\W thing, for sure. 

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived