MLB x NIKE [Outtakes: Alternate Color Schemes (Series Complete)]

MJD7

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'd swap the purple and turquoise on the new D-Backs home uniform. Other than that it looks great. 

I tried flipping the colors on the "A" logo, but it just didn't look right to me, as it didn't match the original uniforms. Maybe I should flip the colors of the numbers instead?

bBV0fEc.png

I do like how this looks better. 

Here are the Padres!

maLZyCP.pngZtS4ArN.pngkQ9U2oR.pngjcLY08G.pngv97OdXU.pngxLkOtRv.png

• Brown & yellow make an obvious comeback. The majority of this set is based on the Padres design I had in my MLB Redesigns series, with the dropshadows and asymmetrical sleeve stripes based on the PCL jerseys and the 2016 special home jersey. The sand-tinted away is based on the Padres' inaugural road uniforms.
  • The taco bell cap makes a comeback with the yellow alternate (though it can be worn with the home uniform on occasion), and the brown alternate takes more direct influence from that 2016 home uniform in its design.
  • The BP uniform is based on the 70's pullover set, and the The Turn Back the Clock set is based on the sequential 80's Taco Bell uniforms. Pretty much all of the famous eras of Padres brown-era uniforms I attempted to cover with this set, while still making it cohesive.

I'd love to hear what you all think though! One more team left in the series!

How would reversing the colors on the cap on the alternate look like?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 7/22/2019 at 9:52 AM, MJD7 said:

Yea, there was no way I was using "D-Backs," it's got to be my least favorite moniker in the league. I also like the purple socks more for the fauxback. I'd be happy to show you a full version of the set in the fauxback colors! Here's a look:

xGnoJb6.pngD6Ixext.pngkdzU3PF.png

The only uniform I'm not too big of a fan of is the black jersey. I think it could probably even be taken out and replaced with something more unique like a copper or turquoise alternate.

15 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I tried flipping the colors on the "A" logo, but it just didn't look right to me, as it didn't match the original uniforms. Maybe I should flip the colors of the numbers instead?

bBV0fEc.png

I do like how this looks better. 

This would be my favorite set in baseball. Such a fun use of design and color. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

You handled San Diego’s current font really well! I like using 3D shadows in the place of outlines. I can see why you didn’t do it on the second alternate or the BP, seeing as how you wanted separation of the yellow and white. My suggestion would be to invert the NOB and number colors, for consistency with the insignia. Aside from that, I like it! Good work.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:48 PM, generic screen name said:

Love the Pads. I have no idea why they don't go back to that color scheme

9 hours ago, ChiCity95 said:

I think they're going back to it next season.

Indeed they are! We only have to wait one season to see it!

On 7/23/2019 at 3:16 PM, coco1997 said:

Great job on the Padres! One small suggestion would be to add a gold drop shadow to the uniform numbers on the 2nd alternate and BP top for consistency with the rest of the jerseys. 

Thanks! As @SFGiants58 said, I wanted to keep the yellow & white separate, as both colors pop a lot better when they don't touch. A perfect example of this is the VIkings uniforms, where the yellow & white don't muddle.

On 7/24/2019 at 1:48 AM, j'villejags said:

This would be my favorite set in baseball. Such a fun use of design and color. 

Thank you!

On 7/24/2019 at 5:45 AM, SFGiants58 said:

You handled San Diego’s current font really well! I like using 3D shadows in the place of outlines. I can see why you didn’t do it on the second alternate or the BP, seeing as how you wanted separation of the yellow and white. My suggestion would be to invert the NOB and number colors, for consistency with the insignia. Aside from that, I like it! Good work.

Thanks! Here's how the colors would look flipped on the alternate, I wanted to keep the numbers white on the BP to balance out with the heavy use of yellow on the shoulders.

qqIvkmw.png

Wrapping up the series with the San Francisco Giants!

ibbeBsx.pngqUx3LLm.pngn21WRTr.pngtKiOgtz.pngxPxJLWk.pngYbSn79s.png

• Gold is dropped as an accent from the main identity, as honestly I think it just muddles up things. The upright wordmarks are retained from my Redesigns series, to mimic the towering Golden Gate Bridge and the "giant" nickname. The away jersey gets a dust/gold tint to it, reminiscent of AT&T Park.
  • The black alternate is based on @SFGiants58's take on his team, with my version having four stripes instead of three on the sleeves & socks, reflecting the "crossbars" of the Golden Gate Bridge.
  • The Turn Back the Clock set is based on the Giants' orange 70's uniforms, with an orange hat and socks to boot. When the Giants are on the road in Spring Training games, this orange hat would be worn with the BP jersey, much like they actually do.

Well with that, my take on MLB x NIKE is officially complete! I had a great time imagining & creating the concepts for this crossover, this was probably my favorite series I've done. I hope you all enjoyed following it as much as I enjoyed formulating it! I'd love to hear any thoughts you have on the series in general, or maybe even some of your personal favorites you had along the way. Thanks again for checking this out.

Good job on the Giants! I really like the sand-tinted uniform. 

Congrats on finishing this series! You've done a great job executing some really nice ideas. Some of my favorites were the Rays, the black and blue Jays, the brown and orange Indians, the purple, green & light blue Twins, the slate blue and brick red Rangers, the Marlins, the red and powder blue Phillies, the '70s style navy and gold Brewers and the modern D-Backs in their throwback colors.   

Looking forward to whatever you have planned next!

Your Giants concept looks fantastic with the new tint! Well done.

You’ve done an excellent job with this series! I really like how you handled the Diamondbacks, Rockies, Nationals, Phillies, Marlins, A’s, Rangers, Twins, Cleveland, Rays, and Orioles. 

I can’t wait to see what’s next!

tumblr_oup63lPBQG1s4u1mvo7_400.gif

On 7/26/2019 at 10:04 AM, coco1997 said:

Good job on the Giants! I really like the sand-tinted uniform. 

Congrats on finishing this series! You've done a great job executing some really nice ideas. Some of my favorites were the Rays, the black and blue Jays, the brown and orange Indians, the purple, green & light blue Twins, the slate blue and brick red Rangers, the Marlins, the red and powder blue Phillies, the '70s style navy and gold Brewers and the modern D-Backs in their throwback colors.   

Looking forward to whatever you have planned next!

Thank you! I truly appreciate your consistent feedback!

On 7/27/2019 at 10:22 AM, SFGiants58 said:

Your Giants concept looks fantastic with the new tint! Well done.

You’ve done an excellent job with this series! I really like how you handled the Diamondbacks, Rockies, Nationals, Phillies, Marlins, A’s, Rangers, Twins, Cleveland, Rays, and Orioles. 

I can’t wait to see what’s next!

tumblr_oup63lPBQG1s4u1mvo7_400.gif

I appreciate it! As you probably know, your work was a huge inspiration throughout, and I’m thankful you allowed me to adapt some of your excellent ideas. 

16 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

Excellent work at Giants! I liked the upright wordmark more than current wordmark. I 'm just curious if you would doing on expansion teams?

I know you're finished the series, but I loved the Giants set! Great Work!

tenor.gif

Thanks! I actually do have some expansion teams created & ready to show, if anybody would be interested in seeing them?

9 hours ago, coco1997 said:

spacer.png

Alright, let's do it!

OvxupR6.gif

So far I have 10 expansion teams complete. For this series, I'm not really concerned with fitting them into any sort of realignment of divisions. Think of them more as proposals that would be sent into Nike during the early parts of the expansion/relocation process. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for some locations/names I could try, I'd be open to hearing them!

We'll start off with one of the best current Minor League identities, the Charlotte Knights!

Here we go with the Knights!

kPAH8RH.pngQPGCQjp.pnggzD1YMQ.pngdQCozWr.pngaJVGe26.png8Ud6Ewe.png

Hopefully you all are excited for expansion, any C+C would is appreciated as always!

Archived