NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Last one - Wolves updated!

Hoopskid

Next up is Chicago!

I actually really like the GFGS uniform they had in 2015 (minus the sleeves).

I wanted to take a break from the sky blue so that it's not overused. I did do several concepts with the sky blue and actually liked them but decided to keep it simple with light grey, white, red. 

I also made a graphic of the jerseys done to date. Thoughts?

49076111956_1f8bc39c21_o.pngbullscity2 

49076183946_56ce9243bc_o.pngCapture 

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Bulls added
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up is Utah!

I had experimented with a white sunset jersey and then tried going orange but felt too Phoenixy...

So I decided to bring back black in honor of their first ever alternate uniform which was black.

I've always been a fan of the wordmarks from that era. Very well crafted imo and work well with this color palette.

The sunset is a smoothed gradient instead of layered.

49241039292_7ff2fabd94_c.jpgJazzcity2 

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Jazz Added

Tried a lot of options with the Rockets.

I wanted to do something space themed but keep it different from Orlando. Rockets actually have a couple different grey's in their color palette now, so I thought a moonrock theme could work for one season.

Some retro inspiration for the wordmark. 

I explored ketchup-mustard themes and even using their 90s color palette.

All in all, I decided to go with the moonrock theme simple uniform. I figure fans love the original ketchup/mustard set that they can continue to wear it as a classic.

Thoughts?

49253727246_22271a1d42_o.pngoptions 

49253926162_e464ed20b2_o.pnghouston2 

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Rockets added!

Bumpin this up to add the Spurs!

Been lots of talk about the fiesta theme lately and I think it's worth a try for the spurs to add a splash of color to their palette.

For the first edition of the fiesta theme I wanted to keep black as the base color and use the fiesta colors as bold accents. 

The spurs have historically use the spur logo on their alternate/special uniforms so I wanted to keep that going.

1000s of ways this one could have gone but I'm pretty happy with the turnout. I think the roundel/spur logo/fiesta stripes could be nicely transferred across different apparel.

Thoughts?

49259955742_d5400a1d3b_o.pngSpurs 

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Spurs Fiesta
Guest darkpiranha

Fantastic stuff.  Beautiful, clean presentation.  Favorite so far is the Nuggets.  I could actually root for the Nuggets if that's what they looked like.

Thanks!

Next up - Sixers! 

I'm surprised Sixers haven't worn navy yet. I wanted to take a step away from the cream/gold and go more vintage navy, dark red, and white. Trim inspired by the Iverson era with current fonts/numbers. A mix of eras here with unique navy jersey. 

49281632096_708f2d7683_o.pngphila 

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Sixers added

Next up is Charlotte!

Jordan appreciation city jersey. Hornets rarely use their light blue, but it is technically part of their identity. 

The jersey is inspired by Jordan Era NC wordmarks and Bulls shorts.
The original concept I had was light blue and white with light grey accents but I added the pop of teal and purple to keep it unique to the Hornets.

Additional template of player wearing jersey and special warm up set. Updated jerseys to date - almost done!

49289470323_105f47881d_o.pnghornetscity4 49289470298_c917da84c8_o.pnghornetscity4b by 49289961386_2fe444bd58_o.pngconceptsupdate 

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Hornets Jordan Appreciation City added
On 7/7/2019 at 9:05 PM, Hoopskid said:

The defending Champs! Wanted to keep it classy and mix eras without getting too crazy with pinstripes and mismatched colors on the back. A simplified version of the current template and the return of the cartoon raptor on the front. I think the retro Raptors gear is really popular and despite looking a little extreme, I think it works.

Canadian colors red and white, with soft gold accents throughout. Instead of Raptors or North, finally put Toronto on the jersey.

48226831487_95421340b9_b.jpgraptors

That is a rad update to the 1995 duds. I would snap this one up in a minute if it was real merch.

Thanks for the comments!

Next up are the Clippers! Inspired by the unused logo wordmark from the 90's and triangular shape of sails, I really wanted to have a nautical themed clippers uniform.

The side of the shorts spells out CLIPPERS.

I created the uniform using orange as the main color with baby blue accents. The clippers have had several light blue uniforms over the years, and orange isn't used a lot in the league anymore so I think the Clippers could capitalize on using it one year.

I did also create a more traditional Clippers colour combo. I do miss the Clippers wearing red and think this would be a nice addition if Nike brought back "earned" jerseys.

49319453081_9baa8ece3d_o.pngclippers2 

49318959783_1e2176f9c0_o.pngclippers3 

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Clippers Set Sail! added
On 11/16/2019 at 7:17 PM, Hoopskid said:

Next up is Chicago!

I actually really like the GFGS uniform they had in 2015 (minus the sleeves).

I wanted to take a break from the sky blue so that it's not overused. I did do several concepts with the sky blue and actually liked them but decided to keep it simple with light grey, white, red. 

I also made a graphic of the jerseys done to date. Thoughts?

49076111956_1f8bc39c21_o.pngbullscity2 

49076183946_56ce9243bc_o.pngCapture 

Ohiago State Bullseyes!

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to do something different for the Warriors. You'd be surprised how many people I talk to who are not basketball fans that have no idea that Golden State is a nickname for California... so I decided to give one of Cali's 4 NBA teams the California look. Perhaps this is something that would be more appropriate for Sacramento, but I overall I'm pleased with how it came out.

I had originally done it more red/light brown but it was too "49ersish" 

Obviously, the inspiration is the California flag with classic Warriors uniform design elements. Bold red stripe across the jersey. Warriors usually wear throwbacks, and special jerseys that are almost always blue and yellow. Nothing wrong with that - but something different for a one year city uniform.

Thoughts?

49409489262_bfae67d4ae_o.pngwarriors 

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Updated with Golden State
On 1/3/2020 at 9:31 PM, Hoopskid said:

Here's how I imagine the entire Clippers set would look if they went with that template:

49324978518_08b0f02c93_o.pngclippersset 

Put in LOS ANGELES on top between C and S. It looks too good in first 3 jerseys. I'd like to see how it goes

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Archived