NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Last one - Wolves updated!

Hoopskid

Next up..the Boston Celtics!

This one was tough. To go modern and mix things up or keep it traditional and risk being too boring? I actually really like what Nike has done with the Celtics so far. The city and earned editions with a touch of yellow has a nice throwback look. The inspiration for this set was to keep the traditional Celtic uniform design of contrasting green and white but make it bolder. The Trim is consistent throughout the uniform. Instead of doing grey or black or gold, I opted to use a darker green. Kind of played with a playoff motto here - Green Runs Deep, hence the deep rich green uniform. The side panels feature historic newspaper headlines to pay respect to the Celtic's storied history.

I've always wanted to use the Celtics' cursive wordmark and I think it works in this application. I originally had the "BOSTON" wordmark and tried a couple classic versions but this one makes the uniform stand out from the others. I posted the current road uniform as well to show how different the green is. 

Thoughts?

46641249914_f0cfa59eef_b.jpg

32422652617_95681d2559_b.jpg

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Celtics Added
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m one of those sticklers when it comes to the Celtics, I personally don’t really like the News paper clippings. I’ve always agreed an alternate uniform should use that cursive script however. It’s a beautiful script. If you want to represent the winning history, you could always throwback to the Bill Russell days, as Boston has done before. 

By the way the darker green looks a lot better than I thought it would!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

That script for Boston is super classy, especially with the shade of green and the clover. Excellently done.

I like the city flag reference for the Suns; those colors are sweet!

The Kings script might look better under the front number than on the shorts, but I like the jersey idea.

Orlando looks really cool! It's way better than what they currently have. Just some minor suggestions: I'd replace the waist logo with the O from the city flag. I'd also rather see Orlando for the main wordmark, but it's fine as-is.

On the Pacers' shorts, you should have the lines intersect at the logo.

Good work!

Great job regarding the Magic! One thing, though - could you try yellow wordmarks (instead of white), as a call to the yellow on the city flag? I also echo others in asking for the “Lake E-O-la” on the flag to show up somewhere.

ExJworW.png

On 3/11/2019 at 9:47 PM, Hoopskid said:

Thanks for the great feedback! I'll play around with the Magic back.

Is this what you had in mind with the blue/green?

47302490772_5e4aac2890_b.jpg

Absolutely. This is sick. As I'm looking at it, if you moved to a darker blue and explored the contrast between the green and blue you may have unearthed something on another level. It's like the perfect blend of throwback retro and the modern branding.

How about some gold for the Celtics numbers? Good Work ! Do New York or Brooklyn next?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

So I played around with a couple Celtics ideas.

I tried the gold numbers but it was overpowering, however I do like it with the Gold trim accents.

I wanted to stay away from implementing Gold, Black, or grey although I do think it could look good in any color combo. I do like the dark green, white and cream.
I tried a couple here with the hardwood pattern instead of newspaper and I think it works as well, maybe even better. However, to try and keep it slightly different from the previous Celtics hardwood themed uniforms I think I'll stick with the newspaper clippings. Appreciate all the feedback though, I may have to do a 2020/21 city uniform as well :P

Here's a white version - aka potential "Earned Uniform" 

33496488828_98e9559057.jpg

40407213043_1b97d13921_b.jpg

The Volt Hawks uni feels so right because it's so NBA. I LOVE it. Yeah, it's a bit garish but personally I have a special place in my heart for the jerseys on the craziest of all time list. Don't try to back it down with the full throwback, they're probably gonna go full volt sometime anyway and that is definitely the way to do it. Great, official-looking concept.

Love the C's script (agree it's overdue to get court action.) Love the deep green, & Love the idea behind the newspaper clippings, but it might be trying too hard. Replace that with the parquet pattern and you're golden, even if its not as original as your idea anymore.

Really good work on this series so far.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

• 3 months later...

Sorry about the long delay - but had some time to try and resume this series.

Coming back with the Lakers... flashy, star struck, bold, inspired by Hollywood nights and making use of the mysterious vintage Lakers giraffe logo. Black and pink with purple & gold accents are the main colors. Something different - thoughts?

48226770501_94bcc0e751_b.jpglakerscity 

And next one is the defending Champs! Wanted to keep it classy and mix eras without getting too crazy with pinstripes and mismatched colors on the back. A simplified version of the current template and the return of the cartoon raptor on the front. I think the retro Raptors gear is really popular and despite looking a little extreme, I think it works.

Canadian colors red and white, with soft gold accents throughout. Instead of Raptors or North, finally put Toronto on the jersey.

48226831487_95421340b9_b.jpgraptors

• 2 weeks later...

Next up is... Dallas!

Wanted to tone it down after a couple "bold" city uniforms. This one is more Wild West inspired. Simple, sleek, and mean was the intent. I wanted to introduce the mint green that resonates with the Dallas Cowboys. I think it would be a nice addition to the Mavericks brand.  

Not 100% sold on it, so I may redo Dallas with something more flashy. I also experimented with a green version but it didn't pop as much as this.

Thoughts?

48303988302_3edfd1caef_b.jpg

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Mavs Added
  • Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Mavs Updated, Denver Added
  • 4 weeks later...

Next up Milwaukee!
Goal here was to go a bit more traditional given their last couple statement and city uniforms.

I wanted to highlight the green and cream and tie in a little bit of baseball culture in to the uniform since. Nothing too crazy. The wordmark is actually recycled from an unused alternate from their purple and green era, but I feel like it has a timeless Milwaukee vibe too it. Thoughts?

49045825517_00d169f4f2_o.pngbucks 

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Bucks Added

Don't mean to bump up - but had the next team finished up as well.

Memphis! 
The idea was to bring everything together for their 25th anniversary - which explains the logo on the shorts.
The design is inspired by their original Memphis set. I wanted to go bold with the color and throwback to their Tams days. Yellow is underused in the Memphis set and after all, what is a Grizzly's favorite snack... :P
The wordmark is traced from the Memphis sign.
Waistband logo and teal accents are a nod to their Vancouver days.

It's challenge to use yellow, white, and navy and not look like the Pacers so the black worked well here. Overall I wanted to capture the history of basketball in Memphis, the organization, the Egyptian roots of the Memphis name and create something unique.
49050486297_ef01dd88a6_o.pnggrizzlies2

And additionally, for MLK Day only I created a non-yellow version.

49050524797_259fc131dd_o.pnggrizzlies2special

As always, C&C appreciated!

• Hoopskid changed the title to NBA 2019 City Jersey Concepts - Grizzlies Added

Next up Cavs!
Cavs need a navy uniform set! Modelled after their 1980s set with the horizontal stripes. 
The  black and navy are close enough that I think they work nicely as tones on this set - inspired by the 2 toned new cavs logo.

I played around with a yellow jersey too, but I'll save that for 2020/21 :P

49067638132_d177c3b83c_o.pngcavscity 

Archived