MiLB - Springdale Naturals Identity Refresh

timberwolf

I've been away from the Boards for some time now, but it's good to be back.

This little project started as a school project, but I liked the direction so much that I decided to expand it, adding a secondary logo and a wordmark.

A little background information - the Northwest Arkansas Springdale Naturals are a MiLB club playing in the Texas League and serve as a the AA affiliate to the Royals.

This is their current logo.

My basis for the name change started with the fact that there is another Arkansas-branded club in the same league (the Arkansas Travelers). The name "Springdale" is a more suitable handle for the region and gives the local supporters a bit more personal connection to the team. It's also shorter and cleaner than the former.

Some details about the brand itself;

• Springdale is located in the Ozarks (which runs through Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Kansas). This served as the inspiration for the mountains in the primary.
  • The two primary colours (navy and maroon) are derived from the Springdale crest.* The sky blue is taken from the many waterfalls found in the Ozarks.
  • The four stars are taken from the Arkansas flag.
  • You'll probably notice a star in the top left corner of the secondary mark. The outline behind the N is the shape of Arkansas, and the placement of the star is actually the location of the city of Springdale on the map! (I moved it a little bit southeast, I just didn't want it to clash with the outline of the N)

* - I don't know if this is the official Springdale crest. I Googled it and this was the best result I got. Any help in this matter would be appreciated!

PRIMARY LOGO

85db8976431551.5c69f9d639347.png

SECONDARY LOGO

d5074f76431551.5c69f9d638e79.png

FULL SET

74dfd076431551.5c69f9d6396db.png

Feel free to check it out on Behance! Show some love if you want, anything is much appreciated!

Leave any C&C if you wish.

4 hours ago, Whittier S said:

A huge improvement. My one problem is that the Ozarks aren't snow-capped as they look to be in your logo.

In addition, they are barely even mountains.  These look like the Rockies, mountains in the east are older and therefore much more rounded.

7CAjavE.png

6 hours ago, Whittier S said:

A huge improvement. My one problem is that the Ozarks aren't snow-capped as they look to be in your logo.

2 hours ago, n312rb said:

In addition, they are barely even mountains.  These look like the Rockies, mountains in the east are older and therefore much more rounded.

Thanks for the feedback. This was one of the things I was hoping to improve. I’m going to try to rework the design of the mountains.

Archived