Target new logo

RETROJR79

Dislike.  It seems pretty unnecessary.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

29 minutes ago, Digby said:

I've seen the lowercase wordmark on some of the small-format stores they've been opening in dense city areas and college towns. Would've been a fun way to delineate those from the big-box classic Targets.

That actually makes sense.  However, there doesn't seem to be much need to change the primary wordmark.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

When I was in Kyiv, there were a bunch of these "Allo" stores, which I assumed were like Targets, but they were just cell phone and small electronics.  Guess they just ripped off the logo:

logo3.png

https://allo.ua/ru/about_us_en

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/20/2019 at 8:59 AM, Digby said:

I've seen the lowercase wordmark on some of the small-format stores they've been opening in dense city areas and college towns. Would've been a fun way to delineate those from the big-box classic Targets.

They've been rehabbing the older Target stores here and switching to the lower case target. If you weren't looking for it you wouldn't have noticed. The Ihops are all undergoing the change to their identity they released last year now too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived