RETROJR79

Target new logo

https://goo.gl/images/KWW7Xr

I was at the mall this past weekend buying Hockey Cards and I noticed the Target wordmark is in lowercase. Is this Target new logo or it just random?

Yes, it's at the bottom of their website. One target I passed, the roadsign was replaced with the lowercase logo.

2 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Yes, it's at the bottom of their website. One target I passed, the roadsign was replaced with the lowercase logo.

Knew it. I already saw 2 more Target with the lowercase

19 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Dislike.  It seems pretty unnecessary.

Its all right but also surprised I thought they were just gonna have the Bullseye and get rid of TARGET

I've seen the lowercase wordmark on some of the small-format stores they've been opening in dense city areas and college towns. Would've been a fun way to delineate those from the big-box classic Targets.

29 minutes ago, Digby said:

I've seen the lowercase wordmark on some of the small-format stores they've been opening in dense city areas and college towns. Would've been a fun way to delineate those from the big-box classic Targets.

That actually makes sense.  However, there doesn't seem to be much need to change the primary wordmark.

My local target went under renovation this past year and wasvseitched to lowercase word mark. Street signs weren’t replaced though oddly

On 2/20/2019 at 8:59 AM, Digby said:

They've been rehabbing the older Target stores here and switching to the lower case target. If you weren't looking for it you wouldn't have noticed. The Ihops are all undergoing the change to their identity they released last year now too. 

It must be a new thing, the Target in my town (yes, we only have one) now has the lower-case wordmark front and center after its renovation.

I'm not a fan, to be honest.