BigRed618

Reimagining all 30 MLB teams

Recommended Posts

"

Quote

So, in honor of the city's traditional title as "Porkopolis," enter the throwback-style logo for the Pigs. 

(quoting the article, obvs)

 

I've never heard people refer to Cincinnati as Porkopolis, but I guess it was a thing like 180 years ago. 

 

And "Pigs" as a team name...lololol...c'mon. 

 

And to have the Pittsburgh Stars logo be a star with an S instead of a P...shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

"

(quoting the article, obvs)

 

I've never heard people refer to Cincinnati as Porkopolis, but I guess it was a thing like 180 years ago. 

 

And "Pigs" as a team name...lololol...c'mon. 

 

And to have the Pittsburgh Stars logo be a star with an S instead of a P...shame.

In the early 20th century Cincinnati was a renowned pork packing city. Bigger than Chicago even

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Ohio, home to Pigopolis (Cincinnati) and Cowtown (Columbus). 

 

I don't think I've ever heard of Columbus referred to as Cowtown.

 

Calgary is Cowtown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

 

I don't think I've ever heard of Columbus referred to as Cowtown.

 

Calgary is Cowtown.

 

Interesting read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowtown

 

Looks like besides Calgary and Columbus places like Ft. Worth, Wichita, Kansas City and Vacaville, CA all share the nickname.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kimball said:

 

Interesting read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowtown

 

Looks like besides Calgary and Columbus places like Ft. Worth, Wichita, Kansas City and Vacaville, CA all share the nickname.


New Holstein, Wis. too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.