MLB 2020 by Carolingian Steamroller (Outtakes and Outtlaws 31/31)

Carolingian Steamroller

This might be the most inspired rebrand of the Rangers that I’ve ever seen. Well done! The pattern and color scheme (along with the script adaptation) are both fab.

I really like the update, but prefer the non-inverted road colors. The pattern shows up more on blue. The A’s and Mariners updates are also upgrades.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much!

Small peak behind the curtain, the road uniforms aren't sand colored for any thematic reason. The real reason is that I wanted to use the light blue trim on both home and road. It goes better with the floral theme and I didn't want to just convert it to black. However, the light blue doesn't show up well on a plain grey backdrop but it does show up well with a shift in tint to warmer tone. 

NL EAST ATLANTA BRAVES

Happy Opening Day! Great opportunity to kick off the Senior Circuit. 

I think the 70's feather design is probably the best was going forward for the Braves. I think it can be easily to adapted to blend well with the single outline script and single stripe pants. The roads script is the new version with a slight adaptation. The class "Braves" script has the capital separated from the rest of the cursive script while the traditional "Atlanta" has the "A" running directly into the "tlanta." Which is a little strange given that the "A" is the primary logo in itself. What I've done here is to break out the "A" from the rest of the script, letting it stand on its own in the same way the "B" does for "Braves." 

In terms of alternates, I wanted a red alt that could be paired with a panel cap like the '70s design. The blue on blue road alternate has become a guilty pleasure of mine. There's no way it should work but somehow, in a completely idiosyncratic way I found myself missing it when it went away this spring. So I've brought it back as a way of doing something a little different on the road. 

C&C as always. Enjoy!

UGYNLtf.png

clY7bLq.png

l5HBwTA.png

9nAqWMO.png

NL EAST MIAMI MARLINS

I really like what the Marlins did this year. It's a significant improvement over what they'd had before but I think it suffers from some of the same problems that past Marlins uniforms have had.

Primarily, not leaning into the color potential. Same problem as the Rays where you have a team playing indoors. The color just doesn't show up. Moreover, the what color is there is drowned out with a lot of black. It's one reason why the spring jerseys were so refreshing. With that in mind, I've altered the color scheme. I've revived the original shade of teal and mixed it with pink and navy blue. Navy blue is a softer and less harsh back ground for the other colors and doesn't drown out the more vibrant scheme. Plus it melds very well with pink. I've also widened the striping from Giants/Pirates width soutache to a Blue Jays width striping to better showcase color patterns. Another minor tweak is making the cap logo teal and white rather than black on black. 

Furthering the theme of more color, the script details and numbers have been swapped to teal which is more reminiscent of the original Marlins design and keeps the road uniforms especially from feeling too drab. 

C&C as always. Enjoy!

bHGBeWm.png

o3BckHw.png

eWiiXk9.png

AKF0Frr.png

Soooooo much better than the Marlins’ 2019 redesign. The logos and scripts really come to life in this Miami Vice color scheme. One of my favorite teams yet!

It’s absolutely not needed, but I’m curious how the jerseys would look with front numbers.

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

NL EAST MIAMI MARLINS

I really like what the Marlins did this year. It's a significant improvement over what they'd had before but I think it suffers from some of the same problems that past Marlins uniforms have had.

Primarily, not leaning into the color potential. Same problem as the Rays where you have a team playing indoors. The color just doesn't show up. Moreover, the what color is there is drowned out with a lot of black. It's one reason why the spring jerseys were so refreshing. With that in mind, I've altered the color scheme. I've revived the original shade of teal and mixed it with pink and navy blue. Navy blue is a softer and less harsh back ground for the other colors and doesn't drown out the more vibrant scheme. Plus it melds very well with pink. I've also widened the striping from Giants/Pirates width soutache to a Blue Jays width striping to better showcase color patterns. Another minor tweak is making the cap logo teal and white rather than black on black. 

Furthering the theme of more color, the script details and numbers have been swapped to teal which is more reminiscent of the original Marlins design and keeps the road uniforms especially from feeling too drab. 

C&C as always. Enjoy!

bHGBeWm.png

o3BckHw.png

eWiiXk9.png

AKF0Frr.png

Superb!  Bravo!  Wonderful!

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Soooooo much better than the Marlins’ 2019 redesign. The logos and scripts really come to life in this Miami Vice color scheme. One of my favorite teams yet!

It’s absolutely not needed, but I’m curious how the jerseys would look with front numbers.

Yeah, the front numbers definitely fill it out more! Good comment!

h7csPYA.png

a1D3m9O.png

66s8U6m.png

eH6WFjJ.png

NL EAST NEW YORK METS

The Mets are probably the quintessential example of getting your uniforms right the first time. The blending of the Dodgers (Brooklyn) and Giants (Manhattan) for the new Metropolitans (Queens) worked out perfectly so there isn't much to improve upon. The sleeve patch is perfect and the home uniforms are exactly what they should be. I've made a minor tweak to the road uniforms, employing the Giants vertically arched "NEW YORK" which feels better spaced. I've also upgraded the pants to include the Tigers' multi-loop belts. Also, all alternate caps have been dropped as I think the Mets would really benefit from some restraint. The only really big change is the shift to an orange home alternate. The Mets have toyed with their alternate jerseys in recent year but I think an orange alt worn at home would make a lot of sense. 

C&C as always. Enjoy!

iwLJNHC.png

whMehHF.png

xzLnZ46.png

ZC46pZq.png

Atlanta: You’ve done a stellar job of incorporating the feathers while still preserving the classic/modern aesthetic. I even like the “midnight” set, if only for how thorough you were with it.

Marlins: Switching to navy and emphasizing the brighter colors has done wonders for the team. The front numbers improve things markedly. My one suggestion would be to feature a blue or pink-crowned cap as an alternate.

Mets: Using the Giants-style “New York” is always a nice change of pace, and I like how you handled the alternates, my one complaint would be to not use white on the home/road sock stripes, since it clashes with the cap logo. I’d also advise against pairing sock stripes and pinstripes, but that’s personal preference. Other than that, fantastic work.

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Atlanta: You’ve done a stellar job of incorporating the feathers while still preserving the classic/modern aesthetic. I even like the “midnight” set, if only for how thorough you were with it.

Marlins: Switching to navy and emphasizing the brighter colors has done wonders for the team. The front numbers improve things markedly. My one suggestion would be to feature a blue or pink-crowned cap as an alternate.

Mets: Using the Giants-style “New York” is always a nice change of pace, and I like how you handled the alternates, my one complaint would be to not use white on the home/road sock stripes, since it clashes with the cap logo. I’d also advise against pairing sock stripes and pinstripes, but that’s personal preference. Other than that, fantastic work.

AEHr4zr.png

d5QPq0U.png

I think both options could definitely work. There's a lot of mix and match potential (maybe too much).

WnJwqKP.png

I disagree on the pairing of sock stripes and pinstripes but that's my personal preference. The plain orange and blue socks definitely look nice matched with the cap.

Archived