nino21220

San Diego Padres - Concept/Tweak - Nike - 2020

I love. The presentation is nice. And everything else is close to top notch. 

8.5 or 9 out of 10

I agree with @jus2damcrazey219, the presentation is very well done.

The home script is really awesome. The cap logo is nicely done, too.

My issue is with the San Diego wordmark. It feels kinda out of place in this identity. I'd rather see another PCL-inspired script or just the SD monogram, personally. On the primary roundel, I'd replace it with the same font as below.

Really nice work!

I agree with the comments above, the presentation is really nice, I didn’t realize you could post concepts through Instagram like that. I really like the main set, the friar and the Padres script are nice. There might be a few too many throwback options you have present, but it’s hard to complain about that. Overall, great job!

Hard to think of a single thing I don't love about this.  Your Padres script is particularly gorgeous.  

I really like the roundel with the consistent font. I think you were trying to harken back to the 90s' roundel style...which is a cool idea...but the mismatch didn't work.

Love the wordmark and the jerseys. 

Not crazy about all the angles in the lettered monogram. 

Much better! The year really completes out the roundel, too.

The new gray jersey fits in well, and looks as beautiful as the rest!

Getting a bit nitpicky, I'd maybe swap the alternate caps between the yellow and gray jerseys, and try white or yellow scripts on the camo jerseys (I know they don't do that now, but it would help legibility). Take it or leave it, everything already looks amazing!

Hopefully the upcoming rebrand IRL will be as nice as what you've got here!

I love just about everything about this. If I'm going to nitpick, I'd suggest switching the ALT Away cap to solid brown, and adding some yellow to the home cap. I'm a little unsure about the mismatched fonts on the primary logo....it'd read funny, but if you used the "Padres" font and switch the order (Padres up top, San Diego on the bottom), it would fit.