Scottyeagle (Like Hundreds before Him) Does the NFL (Jags Update 2/28)

scottyeagle

Another thing I did.  Hadn't posted an AFC South squad yet, so I thought I would do just that.  NFC East will be next, and they're all pretty boring. 

HOUSTON TEXANS

Continuation of my liking flags, tossing them onto the sleeve caps, giving the team a new font, and calling it good.  Red's the primary now.  That's about it.

TRAhLEh.png

wzDPQHD.png

EBCyVcM.png

Like, comment, subscribe so I'm not just doing this for myself.  Especially comment. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great concept for my team, the Texans. Although I love the number font they’ve always used, yours is good as well and fits with the brand. I love making battle red the primary top, as well as bringing back red socks on the road. Some comments: I’m not sold on the flag sleeve striping with the navy inserts on the sleeve caps, but it’s not bad. I also would leave the sleeve cuffs either navy on each uniform to match the collar, or the same color as the top. 

• 2 weeks later...

Am back.  As promised, an NFC East team. 

DALLAS COWBOYS

One shade of blue.  One shade of silver.  New font, as the regular block is dull and the Staubach-era font is a little thin for my liking.  Yes, it's the Nationals font.  Shut up.  Thanksgiving throwbacks are thrown back, unfortunately in keeping with NFL's dumb one helmet rule. 

aw8Ap84.pngNWRILI2.pngi4Yeg6W.png

I promise I'll try to upload stuff more regularly before inevitably failing to do so and falling off the face of the earth. 

CHICAGO BEARS

Another simple adjustment.  I much prefer this version of striping consistency to what they do now on their stripes.  Slightly different font.  Alternate is a fauxback, combination-of-eras sort of thing.  Cincinnati coming up next, or whoever you want.  I don't care. 

8MNbCyw.pngzsp5Wtu.pngPdpYnQh.png

Disappointed with the lack of comments, most of these are really good! I really like your cowboys take. The updated silvers and blues all matching is really nice. I also really enjoy your bucs and Vegas (I love that logo, do you have a blown up version?) concepts, but the spacing between the numbers could shorten on those bucs unis. Finally I like your Bears concept but it feels like change for sake of change, they might be the only team in the league that doesn’t need a single thing changed. What would I do to your concepts. Well I’m not against the striping consistency or the pointed font but if anything I would adjust the shoulder stripes on the fauxback and raise the logo on the helmet a tad bit up and to the right

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Happy May Day everyone!

I'm going to make some tweaks to the Bears and put those up at some point.  The helmet logo is too big and off-center and will bother me to my grave if it goes unfixed.  In the meantime, I'll toss some red meat to all the folks out there.

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Their current uniforms have a lot going on, so my main goal was to pare things down and simplify it a little more.  Simpler block numbers.  Side panels and yokes are gone.  Shoulder caps match the rest of the jersey and have consistently black tiger stripes.  The away is a take on their color rush uniform, which is the best of their current set, with orange numbers to play up the orange more.  And last but not least we have another fauxback with tiger stripes on the shoulders. 

5czu23C.png

6ycL445.png

YXyrmkD.png

Not sure where I'm going to go next.  Don't really want to do Cleveland or Denver which are next alphabetically because I don't want to do so many orange teams in a row.  C&C appreciated as always. 

• 4 weeks later...

Double dipping on this Memorial Day to take the AFC North to Helsinki (I'm going to Finnish it). 

CLEVELAND BROWNS

Perennial doormat-turned-Super Bowl contender turns the dial back to the earlier, more successful days of their franchise, a franchise lineage that totally exists and wasn't at all manufactured when the Baltimore Ravens came into being.  Another team, another new font.  Looks a little old-school but still modern. 

FKq3uDG.png

6o60clz.png

fhwGIi3.png

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

I went a little out there for this team, and this will no doubt rankle some more traditionally-minded folks.  Their jersey striping has become increasingly difficult to fit into a modern-day football uniform, so I got rid of it.  Replacing it are elongated hypocycloids from their logo, a nice homage to that logo as I replace that with a simpler, bolder P logo.  Stronger font (Futura is left in the past), stronger and bolder stripes on the pants and helmet, and a black pattern that looks...stronger.  Steel City.  Batman-inspired alternate/fauxback. 

OHH6nWp.png

D4FAzAd.png

krMm6TS.png

I actually have everything done; I just need to upload it.  Make me do that. 

CIN - much cleaner but not overly simplified. I would rather see them in white pants on the road, but thats just personal preference. The logo on the home jersey does need to be switched to white and black though.

CLE - Its a pretty classic look, which I like for them. I think the numbers are a little squished, especially on the front. I think id lile to see the stripes on the home jersey changed to large orange with thin white. I think the white stripes juat stand out to much

PIT - fun modern take, really like the font, really DONT like the "P" logo on the helmet. It just dosent fit well. Its too sharp and skinny to properly fill out a helmet.

• 2 months later...

I'm back.  I would say I've been busy, which is true, but all of the teams were done already so all I had to do was post them.  Here's some: 

DENVER BRONCOS

Orange Crush-era colors.  Modernization of the 60's jersey.  New font.  Alternate more modern and uses the infamous stripes from the brown and yellow days as a shoulder yoke and side stripes.

gM1QIUW.png42rRng1.png8ekwEZW.png

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Mostly classic look with some new updates.  Stripes truncate to mimic the Missouri/Kansas border where the city lies.  New logo.  New font. 

LqkJNTh.png

BPXDLyK.png

9oFRkA2.png

Nag me to put these on here so they can be seen and floating in some nameless folder on Imgur, hidden from the world.  Like.  Comment.

I've really enjoyed this series. A lot of very good uniforms - jerseys especially. Love the Steelers' jerseys you made, and Cincy is a definite upgrade on the crap they wear now. Broncos' modernization of the '60s jersey style with the current logo looks fantastic. I especially love the orange jersey.

• 3 weeks later...

Finishing up the AFC East like a competent person.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Removed unnecessary piping and shoulder stripes.  New stripes based off of logo and hearken back to their shoulder stripes of yesteryear.  Pants stripe from the mid-90's.  Alternate honors their uniform heritage without going full redcoat. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

This is the uncontroversial version.  I also made a more controversial one, replacing the silver with a more canvas/buff color to look more like the Continental Army.  Battle re-enacters, rejoice. 

MIAMI DOLPHINS

I hold the vastly unpopular opinion that their throwbacks are overrated, so I resisted going that route.  I opted instead for tequila sunrise-style striping throughout.  Thinking Miami sunset on the beach or something like that, I don't remember.  Ryan Tannehill is on the jerseys and he isn't even on the Dolphins anymore, so that tells you how long ago I made these. 

The pats with cream look good, just a cream helmet is, a bit odd maybe, especially with a white jersey, maybe substitute all white for cream.

Next I like the Dolphins concept, but I’d keep the logo the same as the current one, it doesn’t need the second orange. And for the pants stripe, I would just put longer stripes of each color, to make one long gradiented stripe instead of the little sections you have now.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

So, I'm not a huge fan of the striping or the filled up sun. Were it up to me, I'd go stripeless and ditch the sun while enlarging the Dolphin a bit, and then have an orange flake painted over the white so that at certain angles it looks like the old orange sun is still there. 

cttdolphins2.png

Archived