Section30

Up next are the Virginia Blue Devils.

Virginia High School and Mountain Iron-Buhl High School

Nickname: Blue Devils

Enrollment: 736

Rival(s): Eveleth, Hibbing

Class: A

State Titles: 0 

State Tournament Appearances: 3 (2005, 2009, 2010)

Home:

Virginia's current home is alright, but it is too similar to my Minnetonka jerseys and I don't think it really "fits" the Blue Devils. I instead went out of my comfort zone and decided to base the jersey off of the ones worn by their most successful hockey alumni Matt Niskanen. I usually don't like slanted stripes (this is the first team so far to use any) but I kept the V stripes from their old jerseys. I dropped the silver for a simple blue and white jersey with the BD logo on the front and the skating devil logo on the shoulders.

Away:

The away is a blue version of the home.

Alternate:

The alternate is a fauxback with the Skating Devil logo on the front. the striping is classic with one blue stripe on the hem and one along the top of the arms.

vt49kUr.jpg

That concludes the Iron Range Conference, next up will be the Delano Tigers and the Wright County Conference as requested by @Plywood22

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next are the Delano Tigers.

Delano Senior High and Rockford High School

Nickname: Tigers

Enrollment: 1,353 combined

Rival(s): Orono

State Tournament Appearances: 2 (2017, 2019)

Home:

Delano's current home is the Bruins old jerseys in orange and black with the Colorado College Tigers logo on the front. I decided to instead base the home jersey off of their current away.

Away:

The away is a unchanged.

Alternate:

The alternate is a black jersey with the same striping as the home and away but it is all black and orange. The CC Tigers logo replaces the shielded D logo on the front of the jersey.

5zqlxT9.jpg

Next up will be the Holy Family Fire.

Next up are the Holy family Catholic Fire.

Holy family Catholic High School

Nickname: Fire

Enrollment: 400

Rival(s): Waconia

Class: AA

State Tournament Appearances: 0

Home:

The home jersey is almost identical to their current home. I just made the stripes on the upper chest into the shoulders and changed the logo on the chest to just the HF logo.

Away:

The away is a black version of the home, it is still somewhat similar to their current away, I just fix it up a bit.

Alternate:

The alternate is a green version of the new jerseys with Fire arched on the chest instead of the HF logo.

DgR89ou.jpg

Next up will be the Hutchinson Tigers.

I am going up to my cabin for the 4th of July and wont be able to post anything until Saturday night, just letting you know why this thread will stop for about a week.

Next up are the Hutchinson Tigers.

Hutchinson High School

Nickname: Tigers

Enrollment: 906

Rival(s): Waconia

State Tournament Appearances: 4 (1995, 1997, 2000, 2009)

Home:

The Tigers current home is very similar to the jersey I made here. I kept the Hamilton Tigers style logo but adjusted it by removing the unnecessary yellow outline. I also adjusted the stripes, the style is the same but it is now black with yellow between them with black shoulders and collar.

Away:

The away is a black version of the home, but it now has black separating the yellow and white.

Alternate:

The alternate is a yellow jersey with the same striping and shoulders as the home, but there is no white on this jersey. The Hamilton logo is replaced by "Hutch" diagonally on the front. Hutch is the name most often used when referring to them.

WtuGtoW.jpg

Next up will be the Litchfield-Dassel-Cokato Dragons.

Next up are the Litchfield-Dassel-Cokato Dragons.

Litchfield Senior High and Dassel-Cokato Senior High

Nickname: Dragons

Enrollment: 1,133 combined

Rival(s): 

State Tournament Appearances: 4 (1996, 2008, 2016, 2018)

Home:

The Dragons current home is just the Dallas Stars home jersey with Litchfield Dassel Cokato on the front. I decided to put the team name diagonally across the front of the jersey and inverse the stripe color and remove the green shoulders to differentiate it from Dallas, I also made the stripes thicker and the white space between smaller.

Away:

The away is a green version of the home. This is an altered version of their current home where the full name is replaced with the LDC logo they use on the shoulders and the stripes are slightly adjusted so they aren't a Dallas clone.

Alternate:

The alternate is a black version of the away to complete the set.

hWlaSw8.jpg

next up will be the Mound-Westonka White Hawks.

Next up are the Mound Westonka White hawks

Mound Westonka High School

Nickname: White Hawks

Enrollment: 867

Rival(s): 

State Tournament Appearances: 2 (1998, 2001)

Home:

The Hawks current home is the Blackhawks stadium series jerseys with White Hawks on the front. I decided to keep the same general idea for the striping but adjust it slightly, I also put their Hawk logo on the jersey instead of  the text.

Away:

The away is a black version of the home.

Alternate:

The alternate is a red version of their current away. I decided to use a roundel version of the logo on the front of the jersey instead of the Westonka text, this is only because I couldn't find any good images of the script.

64C0TYC.jpg

Next up will be the New Prague Trojans.

Next up is New Prague (pronounced New Pregg, not pronounced like the capital of the Czech Republic).

New Prague High School

Nickname: Trojans

Enrollment: 1,248

Rival(s): 

State Tournament Appearances: 2 (2014, 2015)

Home:

I really really like the Trojans current home so I didn't wanna change it. The only adjustment I made was adding the NP logo to the shoulders.

Away:

The away is a maroon version of the home but with New Prague on the front instead of Trojans. This is replacing their current away jerseys which are just the Kings in maroon.

Alternate:

The alternate is a black jersey with the NP logo on the front, the striping is slightly adjusted to stay consistent with the logo and number outlines. The tv numbers move to the shoulders with the NP logo off of them.

57DYYYt.jpg

Next up will be the Orono Spartans.

Up next are the Orono Spartans.

Orono High School

Nickname: Spartans

Enrollment: 957

Rival(s): Delano

State Titles: 1 (2018)

State Tournament Appearances: 9 (1992, 1993, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2014, 2018)

Home:

Orono's current home is a modern classic IMO. I would say it is one of my favorite jerseys in the state so I decided to leave it untouched.

Away:

The away is a blue version of their current away which is red. I decided to make this change because 1. I don't really like their red jersey and 2. because the home jersey has emphasis on blue rather than red.

Alternate:

The alternate is throwback to what they used prior to their current look. I decided to use the solo Spartan head logo instead of the roundel or Kings logo knockoff. I really like the color balance and the striping on this jersey so I thought it would be perfect for an alternate.

G0liAfg.jpg

Next up will be the Waconia Wildcats to round out the Wright County Conference.

Next up are the Waconia Wildcats, my cousin actually just graduated from here a couple months ago.

Waconia High School

Nickname: Spartans

Enrollment: 957

Rival(s): Delano

State Titles: 1 (2018)

State Tournament Appearances: 9 (1992, 1993, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2014, 2018)

Home:

Waconia's current home is not good. It is way too yellow dominant, and black just needs to go completely. I based the new striping off of their god awful current away jerseys. I decided to use the North Stars style logo on the jersey instead of the Wildcats text because I thought it fit the classic look of the jersey better and I usually prefer logos over text. I did like the numbers on the shoulders so I left that, the numbers also now have drop shadows to mimic the logo.

Away:

The away is a purple version of the home. The striping is still very similar to the current away.

Alternate:

The alternate is a yellow version of the other jerseys to complete the set. Waconia is diagonal on the chest and the colors are generally lighter to call back to their current home.

WsPfGK4.jpg

That completes the Wright county Conference, next up will be the Lake Superior Conference, beginning with the Cloquet-Esko-Carlton Lumberjacks.

Leading off the Lake Superior Conference are one of my favorite teams in the state, the Cloquet-Esko-Carlton Lumberjacks.

Cloquet High School, Esko High School, and Carlton High School

Nickname: Lumberjacks

Enrollment: 1,434 combined

Rival(s): Duluth East 

Class: AA

State Tournament Appearances: 5 (1982, 1992, 1993, 2002, 2008)

Home:

Cloquet has my favorite uniforms in the state by a long shot. I couldn't bring myself to make a third jersey because it would be wrong for the Jacks to wear anything other than this. I made a couple tiny tweaks to the uniforms. I removed the tiny skating lumberjack logo from the shoulders (it wasn't necessary and it's so small you can't even see what it is I also fixed the sock stripes to match and tweaked the pant stripes.

Away:

The away is their classic purple jersey (the best jersey in the state) with the same tweaks as the home.

sRhiL4R.jpg

Next up will be the Duluth Denfeld Hunters.

Up next we have the Duluth Denfeld Hunters (One of my favorite nicknames in the state).

Denfeld High School

Nickname: Hunters

Enrollment: 850

Rival(s): Duluth East, Duluth Marshall

State Tournament Appearances: 3 (1986, 1988, 1989)

Home:

The Hunters current home is a really sharp uniform in my opinion. The only change I made was replacing the arched Hunters with their classic logo.

Away:

The away is a maroon version of the home, the striping is adjusted so yellow and white don't touch. The logo from the home jersey remains on the front of the jersey.

Alternate:

The alternate is the same as their current away. A yellow jersey with the same striping as the other jerseys, but the beautiful "Denfeld" script on the front of the sweater.

d48TJnz.jpg

Next up will be the Duluth Marshall Hilltoppers.

Up next we have the Duluth Marshall Hilltoppers (another great name). Marshall is a private school in Duluth.

The Marshall School

Nickname: Hilltoppers

Enrollment: 446

Rival(s): Duluth East, Duluth Denfeld, Hermantown

State Titles: 5 (1965*, 1966*, 1967*, 1968*, 1969*)

State Tournament Appearances: 19 (1958*, 1959*, 1965*, 1966*, 1967*, 1968*, 1969*, 1970*, 1971*, 1972*, 1973*, 1974*, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013)

* Means Private School Tournament

Home:

The Toppers new home is a classic, it is actually a throwback to what they used in the 60s. The only change I made from their current jersey is fixing the shade of yellow to match the school colors and the older jerseys.

Away:

The away is a black version of the home, it is also based on what they used in the 60s. I did change the striping slightly so the yellow and white don't touch.

Alternate:

The alternate is a throwback to what the Toppers used in their first state tournament. It is all black and yellow and features a beautiful script Toppers that I really want them to bring back.

LtzHM9r.jpg

Next up will be the Hermantown Hawks.

Archived