Redesigning Minnesota High School Hockey

Section30

Next up are the Kittson Central Bearcats.

Kittson Central Secondary School and Lancaster Secondary School

Nickname: Bearcats

Enrollment: 171 combined

Rival(s): 

Class: A

State Titles: 0

State Tournament Appearances: 0

Home:

The Bearcats current home is alright, I actually based the general idea of my version from this. I switched up the striping so gold and white don't touch and switched the diagonal text for the script they used to use (it looks great without all those outlines). I also made the collar green and simplified the shoulders, removing the gold.

Away:

The away is a green version of the home. The numbers and script are gold while the stripes and shoulders are mainly white leading to a good color balance IMO. This is replacing their current away

Alternate:

The alternate is just the home jersey with gold instead of white and the script replaced with the diagonal Bearcats text from their real home.

TZ7ENoq.jpg

Next up will be the Lake of the Woods Bears.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next are one of the northernmost teams in the state, the Lake of the Woods Bears.

Lake of the Woods School

Nickname: Bears

Enrollment: 131

Rival(s): 

State Tournament Appearances: 1 (1993)

Home:

I based the home jersey heavily off of the Bears current home, I like the thick thin thick striping and the arched Bears with the logo on the shoulders. I just made the hem stripe not extend to the bottom and removed the colored shoulders for a cleaner look.

Away:

The away is a maroon version of the home, the stripes are adjusted so white and gold don't touch even though they do on the numbers and arched Bears. This is replacing their ugly current aways. I don't like the black, the use of color, the logo, the shoulder logo, font, none of it. They need to drop it asap in real life.

Alternate:

The alternate is a yellow version of the home but with their Bear logo (minus the black in the real logo) on the front of the jersey.

Bd7scBI.jpg

Next up will be the Red Lake Falls Eagles.

Rounding out the Northwest Conference are the Red Lake Falls Eagles.

Lafayette High School and Red Lake County Central High School

Nickname: Eagles

Enrollment: 178

Rival(s): 

Home:

I really am not a fan of black with purple and yellow so I decided to ditch black and just use the school the team is named for's colors of purple and yellow. I based the home jersey on their current away. I kept the logo on the front but recolored it to remove black.

Away:

The away is a purple version of the home.

Alternate:

The alternate is a fauxback with the arched RLF from the shoulders of the other jerseys as well as their old jerseys. the striping is meant to look old along with the purple shoulders with no logos on them and the numbers and RLF logo not having any outlines.

DgrMSB1.jpg

Next up will be the Southwest Conference, beginning and ending with the Morris-Benson Storm.

Starting and finishing the Southwest Conference are the Morris Benson Area Storm.

Benson High School, Morris Area High School, Ortonville High School, and Graceville High School.

Nickname: Storm

Enrollment: 794 combined

Rival(s): 

Home:

The Storm's current home is pretty good, it just needed a few tweaks. I squared off the shoulders and stopped the shoulder outlines from wrapping all the say around. The hem stripe is also now matching the sleeves instead of expanding to the bottom of the jersey, the black and silver stripes looked way too small when I tried that.

Away:

The away is a blue version of the home. It is replacing their current away. I decided to emphasize silver instead of black because when the white and silver touched it looked like one stripe instead of two so I put black between them.

Alternate:

The alternate is a fauxback with simple striping and a classic style logo on the front.

WseUCkD.jpg

Next up will be the final conference in this series, the Two Rivers Conference, leading off with the Becker-Big Lake Eagles.

Leading off the Two Rivers Conference are the Becker-Big Lake Eagles.

Becker High School and Big Lake High School

Nickname: Eagles

Enrollment: 1,647 combined

Rival(s): 

Home:

I much prefer the Eagles simple old jerseys more than their current home so I decided to base my set off of that instead. I kept the shoulder length stripe and hem stripe from their current home but did it in the style of the old jerseys as well as using the same front text as the old jerseys. I did decide to give them blue helmets, I just think it looks better for them.

Away:

The away is a blue version of the home. It is replacing their current away.

Alternate:

The alternate is a new jersey that I made that uses the teams nickname across the front of the jersey and features very simple and classic striping and shoulders to keep some constancy with the other jerseys while still being unique on it's own.

25e7ZJq.jpg

Next up will be the Legacy Christian Lions.

Next up we have the Legacy Christian Academy Lions.

Legacy Christian Academy

Nickname: Lions

Enrollment: 162

Rival(s): 

Home:

The Lions have the potential for a great look, but they somehow mess it up. I decided to keep the same stripe style but add orange to the striping and make the shoulders navy to make everything more balanced. I also made the shoulders squared off and removed the LCA shoulder logos.

Away:

The away is a navy version of the home. It is replacing their current away which has the same issues as their current home in terms of color balance.

Alternate:

When I was researching the Lions pictures of their baseball team kept coming up and I really like their orange jersey. I basically decided to "hockey-fied" their baseball jersey. I arched the Lions text and adjusted the numbers and also thickened the stripes to hockey size.

ftE58HG.jpg

Next up will be the Moose Lake Rebels.

Next up are the Moose Lake Area Rebels.

Barnum High School, Cromwell High School, Moose Lake Community School, Willow River School and East Central High School

Nickname: Rebels

Enrollment: 748 combined

Rival(s): 

Home:

The home jersey is unchanged, it is already really sharp IMO.

Away:

The away is a modified version of their current away. I dropped the red ends of the sleeves and replaced the very busy front text with a new diagonal Moose Lake.

Alternate:

The alternate is a red version of the away, the striping is slightly adjusted so the blue stripe didn't make the whole jersey look off.

rLPO7jX.jpg

Next up will be the Mora-Milaca Mustangs.

Up next we have the Mora-Milaca Mustangs.

Mora High School and Milaca High School

Nickname: Mustangs

Enrollment: 885 combined

Rival(s): 

State Tournament Appearances: 2 (1996, 1997)

Home:

The home jersey is a white version of their current away. There are red accents in the striping to match the school colors and their current home.

Away:

The away is the same as their current away except there are red stripes added between the thin white ones.

Alternate:

THROWBACK TIME!!! The alternate is a throwback to what the Mustangs used in their two state tournament appearances back in 96 and 97.

ZbnPX0g.jpg

Next up will be the Pine City Dragons.

Next up we have the Pine City Area Dragons.

Pine City High School

Nickname: Dragons

Enrollment: 870

Rival(s): 

Home:

The Dragons current jerseys are actually pretty good so I didn't wanna change them too much. For the home jersey I replaced the Detroit D with the Dragons text from their away jersey and put the D on the shoulders.

Away:

The away is the same as their current away except I removed the outlines on the Dragons text.

Alternate:

The alternate is a black jersey with normal hockey stripe positioning. The stripes are actually the same style as the sleeves of the home and away. The alternate uses the Detroit D logo on the front of the jersey.

7gKsEmR.jpg

Next up will be our final team in the series, the St. Paul Highland Park Scots.

Last but not least we finish off with the Highland Park Scots.

Highland Park High School

Nickname: Scots

Enrollment: 1,274

Rival(s): 

Home:

I actually quite like the Scots current home, I just don't like the blue, it's not a school color so get rid of it. Besides dropping blue the only change to the current home is squaring off the shoulders.

Away:

The away is a color swapped version of the home. It is replacing their current away

Alternate:

The alternate is a fauxback I made using the classic stripe style from the other jerseys, For this jersey I made the shoulders white and replaced the roundel logo with Scots diagonally across the front of the sweater. The Scotsman logo now sits on the upper chest of the jersey in the empty space left by the text. I think that this is a really sharp look that I honestly considered bumping up to the home.

henI182.jpg

Well that concludes this series, all 151 High School hockey programs in Minnesota have been redesigned.

I want to give a big thank you to everyone who followed along and left feedback, it is really appreciated!

Wow, what a fantastic series Section. These are all really great looking, I couldn’t imagine taking on such an ambitious project and succeeding to make most concepts different and unique in their own way. 

And for the last few you posted, I really like Legacy Christians colors. They work really well together. I also really like the Scots nickname. Definitely a unique one.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Wow, what a fantastic series Section. These are all really great looking, I couldn’t imagine taking on such an ambitious project and succeeding to make most concepts different and unique in their own way. 

And for the last few you posted, I really like Legacy Christians colors. They work really well together. I also really like the Scots nickname. Definitely a unique one.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, The Gambler said:

great job! fantastic series, I love your work! 

Thank you, I'm flattered

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

This was a hell of an undertaking and it was very well done. It was also fun to learn about all the teams too! 

on a side note, is it Tourney season yet? 😁

Thank you, glad you were able to learn some stuff! And haha it can't come soon enough

• 3 weeks later...

Archived