Section30

Redesigning Minnesota High School Hockey

17 hours ago, EJaws said:

Everything still looks amazing! I didnt realize SPA got new jerseys, im bummed, i LOVED their old look. Buffalo is fire because  P U R P L E

Yeah, I liked their old set as well, but I think the new jerseys are pretty good as well. I can't help but think that the color change had something to do with Providence also being navy and vegas gold.

Thanks for the feedback!

Next up are the Cambridge-Isanti Bluejackets.

Cambridge-Isanti High School

Nickname: Bluejackets

Enrollment: 1,476

Rival(s): Saint Francis

Class: AA

State Titles: 0

State Tournament Appearances: 1 (1992)

Home:

I am a big fan of the Jackets current home so I based my version off of that. I simplified the logo and numbers, removing the unnecessary double outlines and put the CI logo on the front of the sweater instead of diagonal Bluejackets. I left the stripe style the same for the most part, I made the hem stripe be one rather than two and gave the sleeves stripes of equal thickness. The arm numbers are moved to the shoulders to leave space for the sleeve stripes.

Away:

The away is a blue version of the home, the sleeves are unchanged, but the body of the jersey and the hem stripes are inverted from the home.

Alternate:

The alternate is a classic looking jersey, the stripes are the same as the home and away, but simplified to just one on the hem and sleeves. Jackets is diagonal across the front of the jersey with the CI logo on the shoulders and the numbers back on the sleeves.

ABjRStp.png

Up next will be the Chisago Lakes Wildcats.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

Next up are the Chisago Lakes Wildcats.

Chisago Lakes High School

Nickname: Wildcats

Enrollment: 1,089

Rival(s): North Branch

Class: A

State Tournament Appearances: 2 (1995, 2014)

Home:

The Wildcats just switched to Chicago Stadium Series clones a year or two ago. It's a pretty good look for them so I just tweaked it. The over sized sleeve stripes remain, but they are no longer split up by the shoulder logo which is now on the shoulders. I also added hem stripes instead of the block of green with stars for some odd reason. The breezers and helmets are also green now instead of black.

Away:

The away is a green version of the new home, replacing their current away.

Alternate:

The alternate is a gold version of the home, Wildcats is now diagonal on the chest replacing the Wildcat logo which is now on the shoulders.

9SDfkuo.png

Next up will be the Monticello-Maple Lake Moose.

Next up are one of the newest powers in class A, the Monticello-Maple Lake Moose.

Monticello High School and Maple Lake High School

Nickname: Moose

Enrollment: 1,169

Rival(s): Buffalo

State Tournament Appearances: 2 (2017, 2018)

Home:

The Moose's current home is just the Blackhawks jersey so I knew I had to change that. I based the striping off of their old home, but I changed it a bit because I like the look of this better.

Away:

The away is a red version of the home, replacing their current Blackhawk jerseys. The striping is meant to still resemble their current away though.

Alternate:

The Moose don't have a long jersey history, so for the alternate I just decided to make their look a set, adding a black version of their new home and away.

lxb1jk0.png

Next up will be the North Branch Vikings.

On 3/29/2019 at 6:52 PM, Section30 said:

Up next we have another team I personally hate, the Eastview Lightning.

Eastview High School

Nickname: Lightning

Enrollment: 2,207

Rival(s): Rosemount, Apple Valley, Eagan

State Tournament Appearances: 2 (2001, 2013)

Home:

I actually think the Lightning's current home is a really good looking jersey so I didn't change much. The only thing I did differently is replacing the diagonal "Lighting" text on the front with a Lighting script that I based on the script from their old away. The numbers also are now blue with a black outline instead of the inverse.

Away:

The away jersey is a black version of the home with the script saying Eastview instead of Lightning. The striping remains accurate to the striping on the home.

Alternate:

The alternate is actually just a slightly modified version of their current away. I removed silver from the logo and use the new number font.

Sd84xeJ.png

Next up will be the Farmington Tigers.

Going to Eastview next year!

Up next are the North Branch Vikings, fresh off their first trip to the state tournament in school history.

North Branch Area High School

Nickname: Vikings

Enrollment: 758

Rival(s): Chisago Lakes

State Tournament Appearances: 1 (2019)

Home:

I based the home and away off of their current away, but made some changes. I removed the black outlines on the logo and numbers, moved the tv numbers to the upper sleeve, and removed the unnecessary North Branch above the V logo.

Away:

The away is a red version of the home.

Alternate:

The alternate is just a slightly modified version of their current home which is essentially the Red Wings winter classic jersey from a while back. But since there isn't a lot of reference images I decided to use this as a fauxback anyways.

yPTsZKm.png

Next up will be the Princeton Tigers.

The old Moose logo looks great on a red, black, white scheme. A lot like the Blackhawks. 

Next up we have the Princeton Tigers (wonder how they came up with that nickname?).

Princeton High School

Nickname: Tigers

Enrollment: 1,009

Rival(s): 

State Tournament Appearances: 3 (2002, 2003, 2016)

Home:

I based my version of their jerseys off of their current home, but I changed a couple things. The biggest change was putting the school's P logo on the chest instead of the Wild knock off script. I also adjusted the shoulders, adding a slim white stripe between the orange and black, and I also made the stripes a bit thicker than they are currently.

Away:

The away is a black version of the home.

Alternate:

The alternate is all orange and black, it is almost identical to their old away/alt (not sure which it was), and it replaces their horrible, awful, no good, very bad current alternates.

Ri9VwJR.png

Next up will be the Rogers Royals.

🤢🤮 WHO SIGNED OFF ON THOSE PRINCETON ALTS DEAR GOD FIRE THEM  🤮🤢

North Branch looks really clean.

Next up we have the Rogers Royals.

Rogers High School

Nickname: Royals

Enrollment: 1,543

Rival(s): Buffalo, St. Michael-Albertville, Elk River

State Tournament Appearances: 0

Home:

The Royals current home is like the stadium series from a few years ago, and I'm not a big fan of that look. I decided to base my idea version of them off of their old jerseys. I adjusted the shoulders a bit, adding white into the stripes, and changed the logo on the front to the schools logo instead of the Royals script.

Away:

The away is a blue version of the home.

Alternate:

The Royals don't have much of a uniform history having only been around since 2003, so I decided to make a fauxback to get an idea of what their old jerseys could have looked like. It is a white jersey with royal blue stripes and shoulders. It uses an old English E logo that the girls team has used in the past.

dE5JAna.png

Next up will be the Saint Francis Fighting Saints.

Next up we have the Saint Francis Fighting Saints.

Saint Francis High School

Nickname: Fighting Saints

Enrollment: 1,422

Rival(s): Cambridge-Isanti

Home:

I couldn't find any images of the Saints home jerseys so I based them off of the girls jerseys. The intersecting SF logo is on the front of the sweater with a modified classic stripe style on the hem and sleeves.

Away:

The away is a blue version of the home, replacing their current away which is alright, but I wanted to incorporate red and their current away is too similar to my North Branch and Princeton alts.

Alternate:

The alternate is a fauxback using the "Fighting Saints" text that is on the wall in their arena, the stripe style is meant to look classic.

V78i6jN.png

Next up will be St. Michael-Albertville to round out the Mississippi 8 Conference.

Finishing off the Mississippi 8 Conference we have the Knights from St. Michael-Albertville.

St. Michael-Albertville High School

Nickname: Knights

Enrollment: 2,000

Rival(s): Buffalo, Rogers

State Tournament Appearances: 1 (2018)

Home:

The Knights current home is again a Rangers template so I opted to base my version off of their away jerseys which look to be based on the St. Louis Blues throwbacks. I brought back the script from their old jerseys and put their new Knight logo on the shoulders and breezers.

Away:

The away is a blue version of the home, it is almost the same as their current away except the upper chest number is gone and the shoulder logos are added. STMA is now on the front of the sweater instead of the Knights script.

Alternate:

The alternate is a yellow jersey featuring a chest stripe and the Knight head logo on the front of the sweater. This jersey is based on their jerseys from 2018 that they wore in their only trip to the state tournament.

hMn8enw.png

Next up I will be moving on to Independent Teams to finish off every team in the Twin Cities and move on to teams outside of the metro, we will begin with the Holy Angels Stars.

Leading off the Independents we have the Holy Angels Stars

Academy of Holy Angels

Nickname: Stars

Enrollment: 650

Rival(s): Richfield

State Titles: 2 (2002, 2005)

State Tournament Appearances: 5 (1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)

Home:

My ideal look for the Stars is based on their uniforms from the early 2000's when they were a hockey power in the state. It is a white jersey with the Stars logo on the front and a blue and gold stripe on the sleeves and hem separated by a white stripe. The shoulders are blue with a star on them.

Away:

The away is a blue version of the home, it replaces their current away.

Alternate:

The alternate is a slightly tweaked version of their current home. The only differences are adding a gold stripe between the blue and white, and adding blue shoulders to stay consistent with the home and away.

GVloM28.png

Next up will be the Breckenridge-Wahpeton Blades.

Next up we have the Breckenridge-Wahpeton Blades, a combined team on the North Dakota border, Wahpeton Senior High is actually in North Dakota.

Breckenridge High School and Wahpeton Senior High

Nickname: Blades

Enrollment: 736 combined students

Rival(s): 

Home:

I'm really not a fan of the Blades current home so I decided to completely start over. I settled on a simple stripe style to go with their simple logo and color scheme, I know this team is a bit boring but there isn't a lot I could do with what I had to work with and I didn't wanna make them ugly so I settled on boring. I decided on bringing back the script style logo they used to use rather than the ugly kings style logo they use currently.

Away:

The away is a black version of the home with the striping slightly altered to prevent it from being muddied by grey on white, this replaces their current away.

Alternate:

The alternate is a grey or silver jersey with the same striping as the home and away, but all white is gone in this jersey leaving just grey/silver and black.

OB2Urs3.png

Next up will be the Dodge County Wildcats.

Next up we have the Dodge County Wildcats, a team in the south eastern part of the state that is made up of kids from 6 high schools in the area.

Byron High School, Dover-Eyota High School, Hayfield High School, Kasson-Mantoville Senior High, Pine Island High School, and Triton High School

Nickname: Wildcats

Enrollment: 2,436 combined students

Rival(s): 

Home:

I based my design off of the girls teams jerseys, but altered them. The stripe style is the same, but the colors are adjusted. The outside stripes are black and the inside are blue, with silver in between them. I put the Wildcat logo on the shoulders in favor of "Dodge County" in a circle on the chest with the players number in the middle. This new logo is based on this old jersey I found and really liked.

Away:

The away is a blue version of the home, the stripe style is consistent, but the colors change places. The outside stripes are now white with the middle black and silver in between them. This is replacing their current Jets style jerseys

Alternate:

The alternate is all black and features the Wildcat logo on the front. The striping remains the same, but silver takes prominence and also replaces white on the numbers, this was meant to mimic the style of the logo.

AFETo2R.png

Next up will be the Duluth East Greyhounds.

Okay so it looks like ive missed a bunch in the last few days.

Rogers - I need those shoulder stripes in my life. You are so far in this series and still have unique ideas.

St Franics - The Combined SF is really clean, striping is fantastic.

STMA - The Knights home has always been one of my favorites.

AHA - Yeah I love everything about this set. The gold really ties in well.

BW - So uhh I actually had to google where this school even was, I've never ever heard of them before. Id go see them if they wore that set, love that color set.

DC -  Yeah i cant decide if its blue or purple and its hurting my brain.

2 hours ago, EJaws said:

Okay so it looks like ive missed a bunch in the last few days.

Rogers - I need those shoulder stripes in my life. You are so far in this series and still have unique ideas.

St Franics - The Combined SF is really clean, striping is fantastic.

STMA - The Knights home has always been one of my favorites.

AHA - Yeah I love everything about this set. The gold really ties in well.

BW - So uhh I actually had to google where this school even was, I've never ever heard of them before. Id go see them if they wore that set, love that color set.

DC -  Yeah i cant decide if its blue or purple and its hurting my brain.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback!

Up next are one of the biggest powerhouses in the state year in and year out, the Duluth East Greyhounds.

East High School

Nickname: Greyhounds

Enrollment: 1,506

Rival(s): Cloquet, Duluth Denfeld, Duluth Marshall, Grand Rapids

State Titles: 3 (1960, 1995, 1998)

State Tournament Appearances: 24 (58, 60, 61, 64, 75, 91, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 00, 03, 04, 05, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19)

Home:

I absolutely LOVE East's current away which is actually a throwback, so I decided to make that the base for the set. I made a white version of the jersey with the Duuth east script and double stripes. I made the shoulders black and made a change from the current away by moving the Greyhound logo to the shoulders instead of the upper chest, it was just too much going on. This jersey replaces their current home which features a Rangers style logo on the front which I have completely eliminated from the entire set, and the jersey itself is a rangers template so I thats a big reason I changed it. (Note: I personally do like their current home, but I like the one I made much more).

Away:

The away is almost the same as their current away, but I did make a few adjustments. The Greyhound logo is now on the shoulders like the home, and I inverted the colors of the script and numbers, making it almost the same as what they used for Hockey Day MN a few years ago. I just thought the red script and numbers were kinda hard to read, and the Hounds seem to be a more black and white team with red accents rather than red as a focus color.

Alternate:

The alternate is a black jersey with classic striping and Duluth East diagonally across the chest. It is the exact same as their old jerseys. I opted to go with the double diagonal wording for the Greyhounds because to me, that is their look. I have seen them at the state tournament for most of my life, and they have always had the double diagonal Duluth east so I knew I needed to put it in this series, I just opted to use the same striping as their old jerseys because it is a classic look IMO.

W2K4Ddb.png

Up next will be the Ely Timberwolves.

Duluth East just has a phenomenal set overall, but this, this is even better. Im glad to see you kept their current away and set it as an ALT. That jersey is a Tourney classic