Introducing... the Premier Lacrosse League

schlim

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Whipsnakes and Chrome colors!!! See, that's what I've been saying!  Not all teams have to use non-traditional colors, but it's awesome (imo) when they do.  

I also love how someone FINALLY is using Redwoods again.  Good colors there too.

Can't wait to see the unis for this.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

there is a youtube video that is pretty interesting (search for the premier lacrosse league page and find the video Announcing Our Teams)...gives a pretty good overview of the design process they took - there are some really incredible logos left on the table that you get quick glimpses of...i'd love to see those, too!

jldesigns404eo.png

I was on board for this league, then they released the team logos and i'm sort of turned off. They have such good league branding and gave us six unlicensed lacrosse video game crests. 

Also calling teams lacrosse clubs seem really weird for a travel league. Team Chrome and Team Redwoods seems like it'd be better.

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

In my opinion, the mark for the Archers is the clear standout amongst the PLL club brands, while the Whipsnakes logo is also very appealing. The rest really do nothing for me, with the Chaos and Chrome identities striking me as looking particularly dated.   

I'll second this.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

21 hours ago, raysox said:

Also calling teams lacrosse clubs seem really weird for a travel league.

It may just be "marketing speak", but in the video they reference the use of the term "club" as implying equal standing among all members and the equity that club members share. One of the most unique financial aspects of the league is that the players have actual ownership equity in the league, so that lines up. Also, calling them clubs may also help them identify more with kids/parents who play travel lacrosse for "club" teams...maybe?

While I don't necessarily love all of the team names, it's hard to find fault with the logos from a design standpoint...they are very well executed

Lastly, the way the rosters will be composed is very intriguing. Theoretically (rosters haven't been announced yet, but Paul Rabil mentioned this in an article on Sports Illustrated) the Archers will feature sharp shooters, the Whipsnakes will feature smaller fast players, the Redwoods will be the grizzled veterans, Atlas will be the big, strong players, etc. Lacrosse is somewhat unique in that a multitude of body styles can succeed...a guy like Joey Sankey can be one of the best in the world at 5'5", because he's one of the quickest players in the world, and can get his shot off with deadly precision in a blink of an eye. It could be interesting to see the contrasting styles and how they match up. I'm not sure how they will retain the "physical attributes" of the identity with player movement, but for as long as it lasts, it will be interesting to watch. I can certainly say that I've never seen another league even attempt to compose teams this way...

jldesigns404eo.png

On 3/1/2019 at 5:31 AM, walkerws said:

Atlas doesn't make sense to me. I get strength, but Atlas isn't an abstract idea like that. They would have been better changing to Force or Brutes.

Since Atlas carried the world on his back, strength is an inferred property of that name.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 8:04 AM, raysox said:

I was on board for this league, then they released the team logos and i'm sort of turned off. They have such good league branding and gave us six unlicensed lacrosse video game crests. 

Also calling teams lacrosse clubs seem really weird for a travel league. Team Chrome and Team Redwoods seems like it'd be better.

I think the club names sound much more mature. “Team Chrome” sounds like it belongs on the competition segment of a reality TV show.

I’m glad the soccer clubs never went with “Team Celtic” or “Team Chelsea” all those decades ago. 🙂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

12 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I think the club names sound much more mature. “Team Chrome” sounds like it belongs on the competition segment of a reality TV show.

I’m glad the soccer clubs never went with “Team Celtic” or “Team Chelsea” all those decades ago. 🙂

I want to be clear that I don't think Chrome is a good name🤣

• 5 weeks later...

I don't get it. Is this just like a barnstorming league? The league's site has every team on it with full rosters and its schedule is just a big list of cities that will host multiple games with multiple teams per weekend. 

4 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't get it. Is this just like a barnstorming league? The league's site has every team on it with full rosters and its schedule is just a big list of cities that will host multiple games with multiple teams per weekend. 

Yes. They are players that stepped away from MLL to start their own league. That's why MLL dropped three teams a couple weeks ago. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 3 weeks later...

Adidas Unveils Uniforms for New Premier Lacrosse League

April 29, 2019 - 15:29 PM

The Premier Lacrosse League took a giant step towards their upcoming inaugural season this morning, unveiling the Adidas uniforms for each of their six teams. With opening day just four weeks away, Adidas and the PLL – a tour-based U.S.-based […]

Read More...

*Looks around nervously* I think the Whipsnakes did the Diamondbacks branding better than the Diamondbacks

That white Chrome uniform is impressively 80's, and the Atlas uniforms are great too. The white Redwoods jersey is the only one I think misses the mark, but the league as a whole looks pretty clean and professional. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Archived