Introducing... the Premier Lacrosse League

schlim

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a suspicion that it is not a coincidence that Paul Rabil* is playing on a team with baby blue uniforms.

* -- League founder and Johns Hopkins grad.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

These look like reworked soccer jerseys, only with a large crest where the sponsor logo would have gone. (Not terribly surprising, mind you, considering that it's Adidas.)

CCSLC signature.png

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Love the Chrome name and colors.  Glad to see a Redwoods team (old UFL team) but the bear's a bit plain.

I like some of these designs, but those stupid 3 stripes tick me off. We all know you're doing these adidas!  Redwoods primary is the best of the ones shown, but yes it just looks like a soccer jersey with a hockey crest. 

8 hours ago, Green27 said:

*Looks around nervously* I think the Whipsnakes did the Diamondbacks branding better than the Diamondbacks

Agreed.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how intentional do you think it was that a team called "Chaos" ended up with uniforms printed in a highly ordered, art deco pattern?

+1!

I was thinking the exact same thing! Even the wordmark is weirdly sterile. Where's the splash and splatter?  

• 1 month later...

*bump*

Saw the highlights from yesterday's games on YouTube. Chaos' black jerseys have red numbers (and NOB) with no outline. Was hard to make out. Chrome's number font and pattern/texture was also hard to make out. Archer's had to best overall look IMO.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Redwoods vs Atlas

Image result for premier lacrosse league

OT: From a production standpoint the Premier Lacrosse League broadcasts were miles better than any Major League Lacrosse game I've previously seen. I live in DC and primarily watch the Chesapeake Bayhawks on a local RSN. There's public access channels with better audio and video quality than what MLL offered. Not to mention Bayhawks games tend to air delayed many hours after the actual game. Sometimes even the next day. NBC took PLL very seriously. So far so good..... Oh yeah, the actually lacrosse action was pretty good too.

13 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Redwoods vs Atlas

Image result for premier lacrosse league

OT: From a production standpoint the Premier Lacrosse League broadcasts were miles better than any Major League Lacrosse game I've previously seen. I live in DC and primarily watch the Chesapeake Bayhawks on a local RSN. There's public access channels with better audio and video quality than what MLL offered. Not to mention Bayhawks games tend to air delayed many hours after the actual game. Sometimes even the next day. NBC took PLL very seriously. So far so good..... Oh yeah, the actually lacrosse action was pretty good too.

I was really excited to catch the Sunday game broadcast but unfortunately, I was only able to catch the tail end of the game. From what I've heard, NBC did a great job. My only issue was about the attendance in Foxborough. Was it really empty throughout the whole game? I would imagine it was because the weather looked nice and the game was incredibly close. I'm curious to see the attendance figures for the game.

2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I was really excited to catch the Sunday game broadcast but unfortunately, I was only able to catch the tail end of the game. From what I've heard, NBC did a great job. My only issue was about the attendance in Foxborough. Was it really empty throughout the whole game? I would imagine it was because the weather looked nice and the game was incredibly close. I'm curious to see the attendance figures for the game.

I think the other issue you'll have with attendance is which markets received games. Do we expect really big numbers in Columbus when MLL just killed off the Machine? I guess nostalgia will pull some people in, as well as the people who are ticked off at the competitors but how will that shake out on game day? I think the idea this year was focusing on getting the new league to as many cities as possible before possibly setting roots in markets at some point in the future. This is one way of testing markets. Another question I have, do lacrosse players hate turf as much as football and soccer players do? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

OT update: Got in touch with the Chesapeake Bayhawks of MLL because I wasn't able to find their game on TV last week. Asked what channel they're airing games in the DC viewing area this season. Their rep told me that the team won't be on DC area TV this season, only Baltimore (a MyNetwork station via Sinclair/Stadium). If I wanted to watch the team I'd have to subscribe to ESPN+ or watch games live on the league website. Odd choice for a team that fortunate enough to have 2 lacrosse friendly markets to just cut one off. Settling the team in Annapolis was applauded as being the best of both worlds. A nice neutral location between DC and Baltimore then they do this.

I'm going to try my best to follow the Bayhawks, but I can honestly say on summer weekends I'm near a TV WAAAAY more often than a computer. And my sole stream-able device (my cellphone) is iffy once I step out the range of my home Wifi. Meanwhile there's 2 PLL games I'm be able to watch on TV this weekend.

*fingers crossed*

UPDATE: received another reply for the Chesapeake Bayhawks that they have no immediate plans to return to TV in the DC viewing area. Damn.

Watching Redwoods vs Archers on TV.

Archers are in the same uniform combo their wore in week 1. Which still is the best look in the PLL of what I've seen so far.

Redwoods are wearing all green uniforms. Their green jerseys look way better than the whites. The green jerseys have tonal vertical stripes versus the maroon and white stripes the other jersey has. Last week I didn't notice the weird shadow outline on the Redwoods' numbers. 

SN: I didn't pay attention to the referees last week. They're wearing black and yellow striped shirts (more black than yellow), black caps and black shorts. Don't understand why leagues find it necessary to make the refs look "cool". IMO refs should have a plain look. In the case of the PLL I would have gave the referees plain yellow shirts similar to soccer refs.

I was watching Redwoods vs Archers the other day and I noticed that a few of their players had white letters for their NOBs, while the rest of the team had yellow letters.  Looks like a slightly different font on those players as well.  Does anyone know if there's a reason for that?  I didn't notice any Archers players with different colored letters on their jerseys. 

#16 Perkovic and #23 Dunn have white letters here.  There may have been others that I didn't notice.  Sorry for the crappy pictures.

X5xMxAB.jpg

DSCQx1u.jpg

XBAjyJ3.jpg

Archived