Jumba66 Tweaks the NFL (32/32 Complete)

Jumba66

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Agree with @DouglasQuaid on the Vikings Set. The Contrasting collar does not look good. Also, on the Faux-Back set, the Steelers-Style Stripes just seem off-putting. The Uniform lends better to having Northwestern stripes like the actual 1961/1969/1970-1995 Uniform due to all of the White on it.

EDIT: Just saw that Bengals concept. Could really use some white anywhere on the Black and Orange Sets. Looks too much like an Orange Highlighter was used to make it. The White Uni could use a pinch of Orange, but otherwise the Away Set is all-and-all, Solid.

I just posted an update for each, hopefully they both look better! Thanks for the C&C!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew you would do something like that for the Bengals! I really had a good hunch that you will incorporate tiger stripes on the sleeves. Now if the real Bengals would actually tweak their current set to somehow match yours.

As for the Steelers, good choice on not going for gold pants with the steel jersey. For the white jersey, I do like its pairing with black pants, but for the sake of the die-hard fanbase, I'd recommend pairing your white jersey with gold pants.

The traditional Browns uniforms somehow reminds me of the striping on the Tootsie Roll packaging (in a good way), and I think it should stay that way.

The purple and black on the Ravens are almost unnoticeable with each other, so it's okay.

19 hours ago, edjb93 said:

I knew you would do something like that for the Bengals! I really had a good hunch that you will incorporate tiger stripes on the sleeves. Now if the real Bengals would actually tweak their current set to somehow match yours.

As for the Steelers, good choice on not going for gold pants with the steel jersey. For the white jersey, I do like its pairing with black pants, but for the sake of the die-hard fanbase, I'd recommend pairing your white jersey with gold pants.

The traditional Browns uniforms somehow reminds me of the striping on the Tootsie Roll packaging (in a good way), and I think it should stay that way.

The purple and black on the Ravens are almost unnoticeable with each other, so it's okay.

Not just as a homer (being a Bengals fan), but I think the Bengals helmet/stripes are the coolest looking design and the 80s uniforms were amazing, I just think the sleeve caps are a better location for them.

For the Steelers, we'll just say the yellow pants are an alternate for the white jerseys (the white jerseys would only be worn max 4 times being an alternate).

Never thought of that for the Browns, but if it works...

After looking closer, the Ravens' purple was too dark, so I corrected it, I'll post it after this, maybe it's better.

And now, the AFC South...

First, the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts have one of the simpler, better uniforms in the NFL.  There's only eve been one thing that gets me, and that's the two stripes on the jersey and pants, but one on the helmet.  So, I went ahead and put two on the helmet and updated the blue to a more vibrant blue (like their color rush).  I also added a uniform set as the gray didn't really work, and they need another one, so why not a blackout uniform for special games?

spacer.png

Next, we have the Jacksonville Jaguars.  I like the simplistic idea that they went with; however, I feel like their 1) their "gold" can be a great accent color (not as a jersey/pants/helmet though, gross), 2) their needs to be at least a hint of something more. I leaned on their original uniforms, with the updated logo on the sleeves.

spacer.png

Next, we have the Houston Texans.

They really have clean looking uniforms.  Being that they are the "Texans" I really wanted to incorporate more of that, but on a minor level.  The colors have been tweaked to match the actual Texas flag colors and I have added the Texas flag to the pants as the striping.

spacer.png

Last for today, the Tennessee Titans.  

When they were the Oilers, their uniforms were amazing.  When they began in Tennessee and through last year, they were definitely sharp, with my only complaint was the double blues seemed to be too much at times. I actually like their new blue uniforms (minus the underarm patch, why titans/Nike?), but their white needs some love, as the gray and white clashes.  I decided to take a little bit from all of their uniforms, get rid of the flames from their logo, and dropped the dark blue.

spacer.png

• Jumba66 changed the title to Jumba66 Tweaks the NFL (AFC South added - 12/32 Complete (AFC North/South, NFC North)

Well, after being away for a bit, I'm back with another division, the NFC EAST. 

First up, the Cowboys.  I love their color rush and used this as a start.  Plus, I cleaned up all the grays and blues so it's just one gray and one blue.

spacer.png

Next up, the Philadelphia Eagles.

I feel that their Kelly Green uniforms will always be a fan favorite, but their current uniforms are clean and there's no need to go overkill and where the Kelly Greens more than 4 times a year.  So with this in mind, I changed their helmets to black and made black pants the primary pants to clean it all up. I also changed up the Eagle logo on the helmet and tweaked the throwbacks to match the black helmet better and added some black pants for an alternative look.

spacer.png

Next up, the Giants.

I added Blue Pants to be the away and alternates.  I changed the Alternate to match the away.  The home has some added gray and all helmets have the throwback "Giants" vs. "NY"

spacer.png

Last for the NFC EAST is the Washington Redskins.

I have always thought their jerseys with the arrows looked cleaner than the current design.  And with all of the controversy, it would make an easier change to another name (not that I'm for or against the name).

I tweaked the yellow to be more like today and made maroon the away and alternate pants. 

spacer.png

Next up, the AFC East.

First, the New England Patriots.  I blended their current uniforms (mainly the color rush) and 80's uniforms to make something a little new/different, while feeling like it's their legacy, as well.  I wiped white from the uniforms and went with their helmet gray color instead. Also, I added an alternate that utilizes Pat Patriot logo from the 80s as the uniform (Blue top, "white" pants, and red socks).

spacer.png

Next up, the New York Jets.  

I went back to their green helmets and made a new concept for them.  I also added black to the mix, even making the black jersey the home jerseys. Like the Patriots, there is only gray, no white for the home/away/alternate; however, there is white for the "Throwbacks" to the Super Bowl team.

spacer.png

Next up, the Miami Dolphins.

I kept their uniforms basically the same, as they are pretty decent; however, I darkened the blue a little and brightened the orange up to make it more vibrant.  I also added a black Alternate instead of an orange ones and a white throwback mirroring their amazing Aqua ones.

spacer.png

Last for the AFC East, the Buffalo Bills.

Red helmet is back! I have always loved the red helmet for them, but I definitely like their current uniform set, as well, so I kind of blended the 90s with today. I also made the home and away pants red to go with the helmets. I also created a throwback to the 60's uniforms.

spacer.png

Next up, the NFC South.  The division with a lot of potential with their uniforms, but always seem to fall short on their home and aways.

First, the New Orleans Saints. The Saints had great uniforms in the Archie Manning days, but the colors really made them stand out. An updated version of them would be great, and by utilizing their color rush as an idea, plus brightening up the gold, that's what I did.  I also added a gold jersey and used the Ragin Cajuns font to give it a little extra.

spacer.png

Next up, the Carolina Panthers. The team with the best Home/Away in the division. They just need an update, so that's what I did by cleaning everything up and getting rid of white for gray.  I also switched to a black helmet.

spacer.png

Next up, the Atlanta Falcons. I personally believe their current home and away uniforms are atrocious (on par with the cardinals, gross) while their color rush and throwbacks are brilliant. 

Red is more prevalent, but the helmet and home jerseys are still black (sorry red helmet lovers).

spacer.png 

Last for today and completing the NFC South, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. These are my favorite ones from the division, not gonna lie. I utilized the spirit of the simple/clean 2000's jerseys and added an updated/blended "throwback" to utilize the Creamsicle orange. 

spacer.png

Archived