Jumba66 Tweaks the NFL (32/32 Complete)

Jumba66

After stumbling across this website because I like uniform design concepts and making my first attempt with a Bengals redesign, I've decided to give it a go on the whole NFL.  Some will be full redesigns while others will just be tweaks. 

I had a pretty simple baseline: Home and Away Uniforms for everyone, plus up to two extras between alternates and "throwbacks".  The throwbacks tend to be a blend between throw and faux backs, but they are typically based in an actual throwback. Additionally, each uniform could have a secondary pair of pants deemed alternate, i.e. Home Alternate.  

Additionally, I placed them on a green background to show the contrast on grass.

I based my templates from this @edjb93's template (to which he credits whoever created it and @LEWJ).

So thank you both for sharing the templates!

I hope you all enjoy, and let me know what you think!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lastly (for tonight) the Minnesota Vikings.

Unlike the other three teams in the NFC North, the Vikings have an identity crisis when it comes to uniforms, as they never feel "perfect".  Me personally, I loved the '98 uniforms, but I also like their current font, so I combined the two and made something new.  I also added some purple pants to the mix and "throwbacks" based off of the throwbacks worn about ten years ago.

rYHQ7BZ.png

1 hour ago, Jumba66 said:

Lastly (for tonight) the Minnesota Vikings.

Unlike the other three teams in the NFC North, the Vikings have an identity crisis when it comes to uniforms, as they never feel "perfect".  Me personally, I loved the '98 uniforms, but I also like their current font, so I combined the two and made something new.  I also added some purple pants to the mix and "throwbacks" based off of the throwbacks worn about ten years ago.

I would ditch the contrasting collars for a more clean look, I do however like away uniforms and the throwbacks.

First of all, thanks for crediting me with your work.

While I do like your concepts, I just observed something in all your work. Apparently, you took some of the designs from the other concept uniforms I made, and mixed them. For example, your Bears throwback concepts are just essentially recolored versions of the Packers concept uniforms that I made. But you know, it's acceptable to me, since you credited me from the very beginning. I just don't know if this is acceptable to others. I do not mean to dishonor your work, it's just that you're limiting your creativity in your concepts. Just a friendly reminder, do not hesitate to go beyond your boundaries.

Also, better try the Vapor Untouchable template that I made, since it's much better looking (especially when it comes to dealing with differently-colored sleeves) than the Mach Speed template.

I'm looking forward to what you will unveil next.

12 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I would ditch the contrasting collars for a more clean look, I do however like away uniforms and the throwbacks.

Just for clarification, do you mean have only yellow or white, not yellow and white, or do you mean have the collar be jersey colored? Also, on all of them or just the home? 

Thanks for checking them out!

13 minutes ago, Jumba66 said:

Just for clarification, do you mean have only yellow or white, not yellow and white, or do you mean have the collar be jersey colored? Also, on all of them or just the home? 

Thanks for checking them out!

I think the collar should match the jersey on all of them.

10 hours ago, edjb93 said:

First of all, thanks for crediting me with your work.

While I do like your concepts, I just observed something in all your work. Apparently, you took some of the designs from the other concept uniforms I made, and mixed them. For example, your Bears throwback concepts are just essentially recolored versions of the Packers concept uniforms that I made. But you know, it's acceptable to me, since you credited me from the very beginning. I just don't know if this is acceptable to others. I do not mean to dishonor your work, it's just that you're limiting your creativity in your concepts. Just a friendly reminder, do not hesitate to go beyond your boundaries.

Also, better try the Vapor Untouchable template that I made, since it's much better looking (especially when it comes to dealing with differently-colored sleeves) than the Mach Speed template.

I'm looking forward to what you will unveil next.

There are some different ones coming up, I just think there are a three teams that are pretty much untouchable: Bears, Packers, Steelers, although I have a little twist with the Steelers coming, I kept them close to pure. Once I got going, I mixed and matched a lot between the teams simply because I liked it for the new team. I based the Bears throwbacks off the ones they wear as their alternates.  That’s funny you caught that the Packers and Bears throwbacks look similar, I actually used the Bears throwbacks to create the Packers throwbacks. I will have to look at that other template and give it a shot. 

8 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I think the collar should match the jersey on all of them.

I go back and forth on this, I think it all depends on how many details are in the jerseys.  I got rid of the colored collars for the Browns, Bengals, and Steelers that I'm about to post, but i kept them for the Ravens, as I feel that the jersey dictates it, but let me know what you think if you have a minute.

Okay, AFC North time. 

First up, my Cincinnati Bengals.  Anyone who saw my first attempt with the Bengals will hopefully like this attempt much more.  Orange pants are now the primary and it's a refined version of the 80's uniforms with the stripes on the sleeves.

spacer.png

Agree with @DouglasQuaid on the Vikings Set. The Contrasting collar does not look good. Also, on the Faux-Back set, the Steelers-Style Stripes just seem off-putting. The Uniform lends better to having Northwestern stripes like the actual 1961/1969/1970-1995 Uniform due to all of the White on it.

spacer.png

EDIT: Just saw that Bengals concept. Could really use some white anywhere on the Black and Orange Sets. Looks too much like an Orange Highlighter was used to make it. The White Uni could use a pinch of Orange, but otherwise the Away Set is all-and-all, Solid.

da0Lbhs.png

3 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Agree with @DouglasQuaid on the Vikings Set. The Contrasting collar does not look good. Also, on the Faux-Back set, the Steelers-Style Stripes just seem off-putting. The Uniform lends better to having Northwestern stripes like the actual 1961/1969/1970-1995 Uniform due to all of the White on it.

spacer.png

I don't know how I did that, but I knew something looked off, I guess I just got tunnel vision.  Thanks for the insight, I'll have an edited Vikings one up here shortly.

Next up, the Ravens.  

Purple is such a great color and can be real amazing when done right (see the Vikings).  I think the Ravens were onto something with bringing out the purple pants, so I decided to expand on that trend.  Purple is now the helmet color and main paints color, along with more gold accents.  The jerseys were already pretty good, so just some tweaking to the jerseys themselves.

spacer.png

Last one for the AFC North, the Pittsburgh Steelers.

As I've mentioned before, they have one of the "untouchable uniforms"; however, being that they are the Steelers, I wanted more "Steel".  I also like their color rush black pants, as they go so much better with their helmets, so for the away and alternates, they are the main pants.  I chose to keep the yellow for home, as too much of one color every game can be monotonous in my opinion.

spacer.png 

Viking Redo.  Colored collars are gone on home and throwbacks.  I left them on the away because I think it goes well with the numbers on the sides versus on top.Throwbacks now with Northwestern sleeves.

spacer.png

Bengals Redo.  While I think the Bengals current color rush is amazing, I think it's not quite right on orange, so I brought back some outlined numbers and added the off-color name. Hopefully, this cleans it up, while staying true to my idea.

spacer.png

Archived