DouglasQuaid's AAF Concept Uniforms

DouglasQuaid

Well with a couple of games played I have really enjoyed the alliance so I decided to make some concepts. I think each uniform is pretty good from a design stand point and most teams thankfully have contrasting socks, so I didn't go too crazy with designs. I intend for all the teams with logos to be on both sides of the helmet. I also got ride of the side panels on all the uniforms because I just think they dont look too good. I may make alternates and away jerseys at a later time but I heres my take on the AAF.

spacer.png

First up is the Hotshots and the Stallions.

I really love that the Hotshots went with a yellow jersey because its a unique look that they can own. I kept the helmet, the font and the color balance the same. I used a similar stripe pattern to mimic the stripes on the starter jackets the coaches usually wear. I also added a full pants stripe for a more professional look.

For the Stallions agin  kept the basic color balance the same because I think its a great new look that has grown on me since the release. The biggest change was to fill the sleeve caps with the part of the logo so the stallion can be implemented into the look. I thought of putting it on the helmet but I like the way the mane looks. Font is the same and I made the pant stripe more prominent.

spacer.png

Next is the Apollos and the Express.

When it came to designing the Apollos I wanted to balance the colors better, but keep the same distribution throughout the uniform. The shoulder yoke was okay but I ended up scraping it for a contrasting collar and sleeve caps. I liked the font and decided to use a orange drop shadow as the main design element on the whole uniform. Another thing I think the AAF needs is sleeve cap TV numbers because every team has them on the shoulders. I know some people dont like the orange socks but I think it can work because of the facemask. Finally I wasnt a fan of the way they appiled the helmet logo so its in a basic placement.

The Express I felt was lacking any real design elements besides basic color blocking. Again I wanted numbers on the sleeve caps and got rid of the weird fading stripe design. I replaced it with a standard classic football stripe that ties in with the helmet logo better. The helmet is the same although I pondered removing the fade. I know the jersey is basic and looks kind of like the Texans, but I thought it worked for the overall design.

spacer.png  

On to the Legends and Iron.

I think the Legends already have a great look so not too much change here. However I added the crown to the sleeve caps and used the arm trim as part of the logo. I really disliked the look of their pants stripe so I just matched it to the helmet stripe for consistency. I also love their number font, it has a nice retro modern look to it.

I know a lot of people dislike how plain the Iron's uniforms are, but I think it adds variety to the league. I also think the logo less helmet works great and puts emphasis on the stripe. The number font is great and I added to the sleeve caps rather than shoulder numbers. I wanted to match the helmet stripe on the pants, but I kept their unique side panel design on the pants. The biggest change was to have contrasting socks because every football team needs them unless mono white.

spacer.png

Last but no least, Fleet and Commanders.

The Fleet were a team I thought went a little crazy with their uniform design, but they have grown on me in the last couple of weeks. I kept the helmet the same besides the logo which different on the in-game helmets. For the Jerseys used the chevron design on the shoulders and move the number to the sleeve. I debated what I wanted to do with the numbers, I like the font, however didnt know if I wanted to keep the drop shadow. I tried yellow number with a gray shadow and vice versa, but it didn't look to great so I went with solid numbers. For the pants I added a full stripe and kept the chevrons to match the helmet. I felt the need to keep the yellow socks to balance out all the yellow in the rest of the uniform.

When I first saw the Commanders I loved the number font and helmets but the rest seemed crowed to me. To fix this I wanted them to have a more classic look with sleeve and pant striping. Nothing too special, but the pants stripes may be too crazy for some. I also tried to distribute the colors better than they currently are.

spacer.png

Constructive criticism is welcomed and I'd like to hear your guys thoughts on the AAF and the direction its going with its Stater uniforms. I think they did a great job for a new league, but they could be more personalized.

20 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Last but no least, Fleet and Commanders.

The Fleet were a team I thought went a little crazy with their uniform design, but they have grown on me in the last couple of weeks. I kept the helmet the same besides the logo which different on the in-game helmets. For the Jerseys used the chevron design on the shoulders and move the number to the sleeve. I debated what I wanted to do with the numbers, I like the font, however didnt know if I wanted to keep the drop shadow. I tried yellow number with a gray shadow and vice versa, but it didn't look to great so I went with solid numbers. For the pants I added a full stripe and kept the chevrons to match the helmet. I felt the need to keep the yellow socks to balance out all the yellow in the rest of the uniform.

When I first saw the Commanders I loved the number font and helmets but the rest seemed crowed to me. To fix this I wanted them to have a more classic look with sleeve and pant striping. Nothing too special, but the pants stripes may be too crazy for some. I also tried to distribute the colors better than they currently are.

spacer.png

Constructive criticism is welcomed and I'd like to hear your guys thoughts on the AAF and the direction its going with its Stater uniforms. I think they did a great job for a new league, but they could be more personalized.

For the Fleet, I'd have four chevrons on each side of the shoulders rather than splitting the difference. If they are the same size as the ones on the pants stripes they'll easily fit on the shoulders. 

For Birmingham, they need something on the sides of the helmet. A wordmark, secondary or the primary logo is better than nothing at all. Memphis needs something as well, maybe the UCLA stripes coming to a point in the front. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived