NBA Development League- European Basketball Association: Monaco FINISHED, Paris logo prototypes added 3/3

JG36

Hello there! Recently I was thinking about NFL Europe, and then I thought: What if a different league went and made a minor league in Europe? Thus my idea for the NBA Europe was born. Each NBA team has an affiliate club, with a matching name similar to the G-League and when the WNBA was aligned with the NBA. Most names apply to the cities they are located in as well. I already have all the cities, names, and affiliates decided, so unless I see a really good idea, I won’t be taking any name requests. This will also (kind of) be an open branding series, so any suggestions I will try. 

Note: This will be a hand drawn series, so please don’t turn away from it just because it isn’t made on Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or any other computer application. I am still trying to make good logos!  

First up is the Indiana Pacers’ affiliate, the Naples Speed of Italy.

Which do you like more? And for colors, I was thinking Red, Black, white, and green, but I’m open to suggestions. Thoughts?

a9BFRTC.jpg

KjBE8it.jpg

30 minutes ago, JohnnyRfl said:

Why this nickname to Naples? Does Naples have some relationship with motorsports like Indiana?

If thinking about motorsports, maybe Monaco would be a better choice.

I was thinking of Italy’s history in racing cars, like Formula 1 and Ferrari. Is there a better Italian city? Milan and Rome are already taken.

2 hours ago, JohnnyRfl said:

Why this nickname to Naples? Does Naples have some relationship with motorsports like Indiana?

If thinking about motorsports, maybe Monaco would be a better choice.

14 minutes ago, PowderedWater said:

Should have been Monaco, I’ve heard it has a rich racing history.

So I was thinking, and as much as population and regional basketball interest in Europe was the main factor in my location decisions, I could change it to Monaco. It does make a lot more sense. Shouldn’t be too much to change up to logo.

1 minute ago, GT Designs said:

I think the red stripe should be centered in the checkered pattern instead of lining up to the pant cut. Otherwise it looks awesome!

Thanks! I considered not adding the stripe but I thought the rest of the shorts looked a little too empty.  

Would anyone be opposed to a checkered alternate? Or would that be too much of a killer on the eyes?

12 minutes ago, GT Designs said:

You could have a checkered alternate but have the pattern subliminated rather than doing it fully. It might be hard to pull off by hand by give it a try!

That sounds like a good idea. I’ll see what I can do.

Done with the City uniform for Monaco. The main thing you’ll notice is the 2-toned jersey split by a diagonal line. This is a nod to the great local football club A.S. Monaco. This is currently what Nike has designed for A.S. Monaco’s home kit so I brought it over to the Speed. On the shorts is a sublimated Mont Agel, the mountain in the background of the City-State. The pattern at the top of the shorts is the same as the red and white pattern on the curves of Grand Prix courses. I hope you all enjoy! Statement will be up later.

Q1dww79.jpg

Well I said I’d have the full set finished today and I indeed kept my promise! I’m proud to present the Indiana Pacers’ affiliate, the Monaco Speed!

Comments would be appreciated.

Which NBA team’s affiliate should I tackle next?

F27n2rj.jpg

This looks nice. Maybe jersey sponsors are too much to hope for? Maybe put indiana’s Logo at the side?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

1 hour ago, Blindsay said:

This looks nice. Maybe jersey sponsors are too much to hope for? Maybe put indiana’s Logo at the side?

Thanks! I personally don’t prefer ad patches, so they won’t be featured in this series. The NBA parent club’s logo would be present on the back collar of the jersey, above the NOB. 

The next team up is the Paris Musketeers, the affiliate of the Cleveland Cavaliers. I have 2 prototype logos, with a color set of blue, black, and silver, with occasional splashes of red, which would be more present on the alternates. What do y’all think about the logo? Should I change anything about the colors?

SeaEPZ8.jpg

As always. Comments and Criticism are greatly appreciated! Let me know your thoughts!

I believe Paris would pair better with New Orleans, based on French Heritage, but Musketeers and Cavaliers are, in fact, a nice association.

Not sure about Musketeers having a Katana. Musketeers used muskets, that's the origin of the name.

If you're thinking about Dumas' Musketeers, you should try drawing a Rapier instead.

Also, The Muskeeteers of the Guard had its own emblems.

Just now, JohnnyRfl said:

I believe Paris would pair better with New Orleans, based on French Heritage, but Musketeers and Cavaliers are, in fact, a nice association.

Not sure about Musketeers having a Katana. Musketeers used muskets, that's the origin of the name.

If you're thinking about Dumas' Musketeers, you should try drawing a Rapier instead.

Also, The Muskeeteers of the Guard had its own emblems.

I was more associating the affiliations on team nicknames. For some reason I associate musketeers with swords. Probably should have put two and two together on that one. I could straighten out the P to make it a rapier. Does the color scheme work?

Maybe put the fleur de lies in the logo, possibly a roundel. As for the cavs, maybe go for London? London  Swashbucklers

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived