SFCOM1

The Fields of the USFL

Thanks, I will check. My copy of the old footage was very poor. And RFK stadium was a mud pit 3/4 of the year too.

OK I found a good clear pic of RFK as the Federals where playing the Gunslingers. The helmets where silver ans the helmet opening was grass green. Will make adjustments when I get home. Thanks! ūüôā

9 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

Are you sure about that late season field? In 1984, the Federals helmet was silver. 

I think the Panthers failed then. They should have made them bigger. BUT if thats what they did. great job on recreating them. 

Good job Sir

6 hours ago, MSO94 said:

I think the Panthers failed then. They should have made them bigger. BUT if thats what they did. great job on recreating them. 

Good job Sir

The Lions helmet logo was the same size as well (The Silvedome used the same template for both teams)

11 hours ago, MSO94 said:

Thought you may like this field I found. 

yx7Nb4p.png

Thanks, I am working on the profile for Mile High Stadium this weekend. For both the Denver Gold and the 1983 USFL Championship game.  

11 hours ago, MSO94 said:

Chicago Blitz 1983

k2X7Y4R.png

9 hours ago, SFCOM1 said:

Chicago Blitz 1983

k2X7Y4R.png

Is this the same font the Bears used in their endzones for the same time period? It looks similar, but I can't tell for sure.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Is this the same font the Bears used in their endzones for the same time period? It looks similar, but I can't tell for sure.

It is (but i think I need to "round out" the two "C's" They look a little "Flat"). Just no "Wishbone C" at midfield. I think that was either added during the NFL season or a couple of years later. This would work as the Bears field for the same time period till about Approx 1985 when I can verify the "Wishbone C" was added and the spacing for the yard lines on sideline was changed to 8"

Edited by SFCOM1
Clarification

Posted (edited)

Related image

1985 NFC Championship game

Edited by SFCOM1
Added the year and game

Updated Chicago Blitz field (Matching the font in the end zone. Which was the same font used at Soldier Field from 1980 till the Bears moved out for the remodel of the stadium at the end of the 2001 Season)

gSK61fQ.png