Signatures

shiznit1083

Guys, I know this may have come up before, but I think it needs to be brought up again.

I don't want to come off as a dick, but I thought I might bring it up as well as get some opinions on it. I feel as though some of the signatures on the board are HUGE and ditracting. I know I can turn them off, but I like seeing them, as they give some sort of personality to each poster. I'm not asking that they be eliminated all together, just slimmed down a bit.

I may be alone on this, so feel free to chime in. It's just a suggestion.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, some of those are huge, and it makes the page take longer to load for those of us with slower connections. I mean, I get enough advertisements popping up at me, I don't need to see everyone's choice for president all over their posts.

And if you want a guideline... try to stay within the 150-200 pixel high range.

Not that I care. If I want to see a certain signature, I'll just surf over to the user profile. Otherwise, I've got 'em off.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Notice that I asked if mine was one he was referring to as being distracting, because that's what he was pointing out. I didn't ask if mine was too big, cuz that's not something any single person can determine.

All mine are .gif's because those load the quickest and if it gets too big, I want someone to point it out. I keep them on because I like seeing what everyone has, "medals" and unique graphics for an upcoming or concurrent sports season for their respective team.

I turned 'em off due to the political nature of a few of them...my rage over some of what was being said (in some of the signatures) was getting in the way of what the actual posts were about.

Honestly, I wish there were some sort of guidelines on what can be put into a sig or the member title so that we can talk about logos and uniforms, not bait each other into verbal fistfights.

There are PLENTY of other forums on the internet to talk politics...

I'd personally say 1 banner(Or 2 next to each other) and a couple lines of text is cool. But once you start stacking 2-5 banners up(Verticaly), then text, it gets REALLY annoying.

As to PANTONE's comment, I think Chris has pretty much gone down on them and I've seen 1 political rant in the Sports Logo forum...People pretty much have down that they should go to the Lounge.

I agree, some of those are huge, and it makes the page take longer to load for those of us with slower connections. I mean, I get enough advertisements popping up at me, I don't need to see everyone's choice for president all over their posts.

Darn. I thought for sure I was making the right choice...

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well, at most "Jurassic Park" sites, we have a limit of 25 kb signatures (all of them combined) and 300 characters of text (IMG tags and whatnot included).

Of course, this site is a "logo" site and you pretty much have to have a good connection to even USE THE SITE EFFECTIVELY..but that's just me.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Against All Odds is the largest one I see on a regular basis. I totally agree with Shiz on this one.. we need to be careful. I know you want to display yoru personality, but try to do it in about 200 pixels heigh

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I always had none, or a line or two of text--but since I actually won a challenge--I have to show it off--plus it's small...

(and I used one during the NHL playoffs)

If I have to scroll to get past a sig--not a message & a sig--but a sig--it's way too big--I like the size of syphi's

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived