SSUR Is Back Up?

Bob5150

No, there was another one, I think the guy who did it was called Bill, and it had real pictures of the jerseys and all, and an explanation of the different fonts used. A few people said they would buy it if it mwas put on a cd. I had it in my favorites, and then after like 2 days, whenever I clicked on it, the message about SSUR being down would appear, so I assume it's on that site, but I can't find it.

I had to take that file down, because all of the downloading of it hosed my bandwidth in like two days. Bill and I are trying to figure out another way to present it.

The SSUR is still in a state of flux, since I've been having problems trying to get everything re-published (I'm using FrontPage - not exactly a stable environment), and my server connection keeps getting hosed.

I've got something like 42 new stories up there (including all of the Bobcats stuff, and even the Iowa Stars story), and tons of other improvments and enhancements.

And more to come...

It's been a long, frustrating day getting it back up and running cleanly (stupid FrontPage...it mocks me), but it's just about there.

What does everyone think of the new banner colors? Graphite and Copper. Inspired by the Tulsa Drillers...I'm not sure about it either...

There's still some issues. They probably have to do with the fact that I just recently re-installed IIS 5.1 on my local machine the other day (long story - don't ask)...I've contacted my ISP to see if they have any insight.

News Flash...FrontPage sucks...

(yeah, like you all didn't know that already)

[whispers] get Dreamweaver [/ends whisper] B)

Don't I know it...I'm buying Dreamweaver soon...

But then again, I'm a .NET programmer; I should just turn the whole thing into an .ASP.NET thing anyway...

[whispers] get Dreamweaver [/ends whisper]  B)

But then again, I'm a .NET programmer; I should just turn the whole thing into an .ASP.NET thing anyway...

[whispers] use notepad, ya whimp! ;) [/whipers]

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

[whispers] get Dreamweaver [/ends whisper] B)

[whispers] use notepad, ya whimp! ;) [/whipers]

Gee Chris...did ya use Notepad for YOUR site?

^_^

EDIT: Actually, whether you did or didn't is irrelevant...the bottom line for me is that I don't have time to build a site the size of the SSUR using Notepad. I mean - I COULD do it I suppose (I got a web certification way back in '99), but who has the time? I would rather get a tool like Dreamweaver or even crappy FrontPage to do a lot of the work for me.

I'm all about saving time.

Archived