New Round Table Pizza Logo(s)

poser

Downgrade, I'd say. The older logo has "FUN" hidden in the upper part of the logo. The new middle logo looks like the unused Papa John's logo and without the "Pizza Royalty," can be a logo for anything (like furniture). The bottom roundel is a bit better but the "rT" is too stylized; is it supposed to resemble something?

34 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Downgrade, I'd say. The older logo has "FUN" hidden in the upper part of the logo. The new middle logo looks like the unused Papa John's logo and without the "Pizza Royalty," can be a logo for anything (like furniture). The bottom roundel is a bit better but the "rT" is too stylized; is it supposed to resemble something?

I think the "r" from the "rT" in the roundel is just pulling off the right-hand part of the "D" in the full logo. Trying too hard to be clever there.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Way too hard to make out the "rT" or the knight's helmet.  The idea is nice, but I can't tell what the hell is going on.  Downgrade.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ohhhhhhhhhh I don't know about this one.

Strangely, I'm not sentimental about most logos, but as a kid growing up in California, Round Table was a big part of my childhood.

The wordmark is great for a baseball jersey, but I'm not feeling the monochrome at ALL. That rT is way too messy too. Then again, this could all be sentimentality, so take my opinion with a grain of garlic salt.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

21 hours ago, DDR said:

Ohhh, now I can kinda see the knight's helmet. Only took like 4 minutes of looking. Then again, I don't see "FUN" in the first logo. So lateral move? Bad to bad.

It's very subtle, but if you look at the shapes of the shields as well as the colors, it does very vaguely spell "FUN." But I agree it's no arrow in the FedEx logo. I only even knew it was there because I happened to read their Wikipedia page once and it was mentioned there.

10 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

It's gonna be tough seeing Round Table without those shields.

2120966084c9b0db4e835295c407e94b.jpg

The font used here for the words Round Table is what I'd have used as a base for the new logo. The logo is an upgrade, but it does also miss the mark and feel generic, while the old was a relic from it's era. Had they chosen instead to modernize this script and kept the FUN flags, then you'd have something. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 3/8/2019 at 4:53 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh I don't know about this one.

Strangely, I'm not sentimental about most logos, but as a kid growing up in California, Round Table was a big part of my childhood.

The wordmark is great for a baseball jersey, but I'm not feeling the monochrome at ALL. That rT is way too messy too. Then again, this could all be sentimentality, so take my opinion with a grain of garlic salt.

Same here.. growing up we had pizza once a week and it was always Round Table and see this change is just another reminder that I'm getting old. 

Anyone else think the lettering looks Brandiose-y? The hidden helmet is imo much more convincing in the full word mark with the d tail forming the eye slit than in that hideous secondary. That's like an early sketch you make when you're just tooling around with ideas, who approved that? Certainly doesn't make me want to eat pizza, downgrade I guess. Both stink.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

• 1 month later...

I have no idea what Round Table Pizza is.  Never been to one.

So in my totally vacuum opinion, the new logo is nicer looking.  The old one looks like a 90s ad for Six Flags.  But reading the comments in this thread, I'm getting the vibe that Round Table is more along the McDonald's side of the pizza spectrum and not so much fine dining. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2019 at 2:27 PM, pianoknight said:

I have no idea what Round Table Pizza is.  Never been to one.

It's basically just a pizza chain. I don't know if there are any in Oregon, but have you heard of Abby's? I've come across several of those in Oregon and it's near identical in terms of presentation. Basically a casual pizza place that's good for parties, some have old arcade machines, etc.

On 5/7/2019 at 2:27 PM, pianoknight said:

I'm getting the vibe that Round Table is more along the McDonald's side of the pizza spectrum and not so much fine dining.

Very much so. I go to them on occasion and always to the actual location, I never do delivery. They're more dining-oriented than the big chains like Pizza Hut or Domino's.

8 hours ago, Quillz said:

It's basically just a pizza chain. I don't know if there are any in Oregon, but have you heard of Abby's? I've come across several of those in Oregon and it's near identical in terms of presentation. Basically a casual pizza place that's good for parties, some have old arcade machines, etc.

Very much so. I go to them on occasion and always to the actual location, I never do delivery. They're more dining-oriented than the big chains like Pizza Hut or Domino's.

Yeah I've been to Abby's. They're blandly right in the middle of the spectrum. If I want cheap, fast pizza I'll go for Pizza Hut or Dominos, and if I want a lot authentic pizza parlor experience I'll go to some place local that serves up good microbrews, etc. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

Yeah I've been to Abby's. They're blandly right in the middle of the spectrum. If I want cheap, fast pizza I'll go for Pizza Hut or Dominos, and if I want a lot authentic pizza parlor experience I'll go to some place local that serves up good microbrews, etc. 

Yeah that's pretty much Round Table and any other "mid-level" pizza chain. Nothing you go out of your way for but fine if you just want a place to sit down at.

Archived