Jump to content

New Round Table Pizza Logo(s)


poser
 Share

Recommended Posts

Downgrade, I'd say. The older logo has "FUN" hidden in the upper part of the logo. The new middle logo looks like the unused Papa John's logo and without the "Pizza Royalty," can be a logo for anything (like furniture). The bottom roundel is a bit better but the "rT" is too stylized; is it supposed to resemble something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Downgrade, I'd say. The older logo has "FUN" hidden in the upper part of the logo. The new middle logo looks like the unused Papa John's logo and without the "Pizza Royalty," can be a logo for anything (like furniture). The bottom roundel is a bit better but the "rT" is too stylized; is it supposed to resemble something?

I think the "r" from the "rT" in the roundel is just pulling off the right-hand part of the "D" in the full logo. Trying too hard to be clever there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ohhhhhhhhhh I don't know about this one.

Strangely, I'm not sentimental about most logos, but as a kid growing up in California, Round Table was a big part of my childhood.

 

The wordmark is great for a baseball jersey, but I'm not feeling the monochrome at ALL. That rT is way too messy too. Then again, this could all be sentimentality, so take my opinion with a grain of garlic salt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, DDR said:

Ohhh, now I can kinda see the knight's helmet. Only took like 4 minutes of looking. Then again, I don't see "FUN" in the first logo. So lateral move? Bad to bad.

It's very subtle, but if you look at the shapes of the shields as well as the colors, it does very vaguely spell "FUN." But I agree it's no arrow in the FedEx logo. I only even knew it was there because I happened to read their Wikipedia page once and it was mentioned there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

It's gonna be tough seeing Round Table without those shields.

2120966084c9b0db4e835295c407e94b.jpg


The font used here for the words Round Table is what I'd have used as a base for the new logo. The logo is an upgrade, but it does also miss the mark and feel generic, while the old was a relic from it's era. Had they chosen instead to modernize this script and kept the FUN flags, then you'd have something. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2019 at 4:53 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh I don't know about this one.

Strangely, I'm not sentimental about most logos, but as a kid growing up in California, Round Table was a big part of my childhood.

 

The wordmark is great for a baseball jersey, but I'm not feeling the monochrome at ALL. That rT is way too messy too. Then again, this could all be sentimentality, so take my opinion with a grain of garlic salt.

 

 

Same here.. growing up we had pizza once a week and it was always Round Table and see this change is just another reminder that I'm getting old. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else think the lettering looks Brandiose-y? The hidden helmet is imo much more convincing in the full word mark with the d tail forming the eye slit than in that hideous secondary. That's like an early sketch you make when you're just tooling around with ideas, who approved that? Certainly doesn't make me want to eat pizza, downgrade I guess. Both stink.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I have no idea what Round Table Pizza is.  Never been to one.

 

So in my totally vacuum opinion, the new logo is nicer looking.  The old one looks like a 90s ad for Six Flags.  But reading the comments in this thread, I'm getting the vibe that Round Table is more along the McDonald's side of the pizza spectrum and not so much fine dining. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 5/7/2019 at 2:27 PM, pianoknight said:

I have no idea what Round Table Pizza is.  Never been to one.

It's basically just a pizza chain. I don't know if there are any in Oregon, but have you heard of Abby's? I've come across several of those in Oregon and it's near identical in terms of presentation. Basically a casual pizza place that's good for parties, some have old arcade machines, etc.

 

On 5/7/2019 at 2:27 PM, pianoknight said:

I'm getting the vibe that Round Table is more along the McDonald's side of the pizza spectrum and not so much fine dining.

Very much so. I go to them on occasion and always to the actual location, I never do delivery. They're more dining-oriented than the big chains like Pizza Hut or Domino's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Quillz said:

It's basically just a pizza chain. I don't know if there are any in Oregon, but have you heard of Abby's? I've come across several of those in Oregon and it's near identical in terms of presentation. Basically a casual pizza place that's good for parties, some have old arcade machines, etc.

 

Very much so. I go to them on occasion and always to the actual location, I never do delivery. They're more dining-oriented than the big chains like Pizza Hut or Domino's.

 

Yeah I've been to Abby's. They're blandly right in the middle of the spectrum. If I want cheap, fast pizza I'll go for Pizza Hut or Dominos, and if I want a lot authentic pizza parlor experience I'll go to some place local that serves up good microbrews, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

 

Yeah I've been to Abby's. They're blandly right in the middle of the spectrum. If I want cheap, fast pizza I'll go for Pizza Hut or Dominos, and if I want a lot authentic pizza parlor experience I'll go to some place local that serves up good microbrews, etc. 

Yeah that's pretty much Round Table and any other "mid-level" pizza chain. Nothing you go out of your way for but fine if you just want a place to sit down at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.