My take on MLB/Nike 2020 (Mets, Twins, and Pirates added)

csura999

AL East: BAL | BOS | NYY | TB | TOR     AL Central: CLE | CWS | DET | KC | MIN     AL West: ANA | HOU | OAK | SEA | TEX

NL East: ATL | MIA | NYM | PHI | WSH     NL Central: CHC | CIN | MIL | PIT | STL     NL West: ARI | COL | LAD | SD | SF

This will be my take on Nike re-designing Major League Baseball.

Starting in 2020, it will be Nike (not Under Armour who was originally supposed to take over), taking the reigns from Majestic for the production of Major League Baseball uniforms.

My upcoming series will focus more on tradition (baseball is a sport deep-rooted in it), but also feature a bit of edgy flair for teams that can use a bit of it. But overall, don't expect madness and trash like what Nike has done for a vast majority of the NBA.

vxhswk.png

Now, in this teaser--it appears that the Philadelphia Phillies "P," and their wordmark across the front of the jersey have gotten a bit of a touch-up. Also, is this the return of burgundy for the "Fightin' Phils?"

(Pardon my photo-editing skills, they're not perfect (far from it... Hahaha), but actually seeing my uniform concepts on actual players really brings them to life, to me--and I hope you guys enjoy seeing them despite the imperfections!)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Promising start! I really like the tweaked “P” logo.

So will each team concept be a Photoshopped design onto a player? 

More like, a splash image-kind of thing. You'll see as the series goes on!

332qp7q.png

My next teaser image for my MLB/Nike project, something my fellow Brewers fans will appreciate. NL MVP Christian Yelich modeling the new Brewers home threads. Is that new uniform cream-colored for the Brew Crew?

10 hours ago, csura999 said:

More like, a splash image-kind of thing. You'll see as the series goes on!

332qp7q.png

My next teaser image for my MLB/Nike project, something my fellow Brewers fans will appreciate. NL MVP Christian Yelich modeling the new Brewers home threads. Is that new uniform cream-colored for the Brew Crew?

Good looking uniform, but with that piping, the barley on the hat feels redundant.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:37 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Both teams look really promising so far, I love that brewers design. I’m going to have to keep my eyes on this on!

Thank you! I appreciate it.

22 hours ago, NicDB said:

Good looking uniform, but with that piping, the barley on the hat feels redundant.

You're right about that. I'll probably end up changing that on the final product.

Teaser #3, this time featuring the Cleveland Indians...

9085xs.png

On 3/11/2019 at 10:19 PM, csura999 said:

Thank you! I appreciate it.

You're right about that. I'll probably end up changing that on the final product.

Glad to help!  I might also experiment with yellow-gold too.  It would contrast with the navy more.

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 1/30: The Atlanta Braves.

2w5lrax.png

The Atlanta Braves receive uniforms that are essentially a mash-up of eras for their new uniform set under Nike.

The color scheme comes from the 1970's-era when Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's long-standing home run record. The white-panel alternate cap and the wordmarks and numbers having double outlines is also inspired from this era of Braves baseball. The lack of a tomahawk under the script is also a nod to this era. The sock stripes go back to their days as the Milwaukee Braves.

The triple-piping featured on the uniforms are derived from their current uniform set that they have worn since 1987. The nameplates (unique to just them) go back to being vertically arched, as well.

Home:

91icl1.png

Road:

2ezr71s.png

Home alternate:

e9aq2r.png

Away alternate:

15d0006.png

If Mike Foltnewicz responds on my Instagram and says these are "fire," then they must be, right? Hahaha.

ea2mqf.png

6 hours ago, csura999 said:

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 1/30: The Atlanta Braves.

2w5lrax.png

The Atlanta Braves receive uniforms that are essentially a mash-up of eras for their new uniform set under Nike.

The color scheme comes from the 1970's-era when Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's long-standing home run record. The white-panel alternate cap and the wordmarks and numbers having double outlines is also inspired from this era of Braves baseball. The lack of a tomahawk under the script is also a nod to this era. The sock stripes go back to their days as the Milwaukee Braves.

The triple-piping featured on the uniforms are derived from their current uniform set that they have worn since 1987. The nameplates (unique to just them) go back to being vertically arched, as well.

Home:

91icl1.png

Road:

2ezr71s.png

Home alternate:

e9aq2r.png

Away alternate:

15d0006.png

If Mike Foltnewicz responds on my Instagram and says these are "fire," then they must be, right? Hahaha.

ea2mqf.png

I always hated that the Braves didn't just embrace these as their "Atlanta" colors. 

I'm curious to see what these would look like with the tomahawk.

@coco1997 @NicDB Thanks, guys! I appreciate the feedback!

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 2/30: The Houston Astros.

16bk9if.png

The Houston Astros retain their classic orange and navy blue color palette under Nike. The uniforms bring back the classic Astros look: No piping on the jerseys, and a single pants stripe. The exception to this are the navy alternates.

A few changes, however: Orange becomes the primary color for their home look (with the exception of the navy alternate). Orange caps and orange under sleeves anchor their home look. The socks are inspired by the ones worn when they were still named the Houston Colt .45's.

The navy alternates feature the "Tequila Sunrise" striping on the sleeves. Now I really dislike those uniforms, but on one jersey and relegated to sleeve striping--it provides nice flair! These alternates will be paired with matching socks. Navy under sleeves and caps will be worn with these uniforms--whether at home or on the road.

Home:

33uzsd5.png

Away:

2exuf83.png

Home alternate 1:

2v8k676.png

Home alternate 2:

16a7kgi.png

Away alternate:

2m6a2cm.png

I was hoping for more tequila sunrise for tha Astro’s. Good work on Atlanta though

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

@Carolingian Steamroller @Blindsay Thanks for the feedback!

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 3/30: The Cincinnati Reds.

2my9pc5.png

The Cincinnati Reds go back to a look inspired by one of their most successful periods in team history: "The Big Red Machine" era. Notably missing in their new color palette is black. The Reds drop it, and go back to simply red and white as their colors. Black only muddles the uniforms, and reverting back to simple red and white makes for a sleek, simple look.

The home and road uniforms do however have a similar striping pattern to their last championship-winning team--the 1990 Reds who swept the Athletics in the World Series. The home alternates are a look inspired by the pinstripe vests worn throughout the early 1990's and early-to-mid-2000's. The red alternates are worn exclusively on the road.

Home:

4rop45.png

Away:

11lj52v.png

Home alternate (Not meant to have the patch on the sleeve):

15nm3di.png

Away alternate:

293g178.png

Lets speed things up, a bit...

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 4/30: The Anaheim Angels.

2qspkp4.png

The Anaheim Angels (formerly the Los Angeles Angels) go back to a look that is more in line with their history, rather than the red-laden look used since 2002. Navy blue returns as the primary color, and red gets reduced to secondary status. Yellow replaces silver for the color of the halos on the "A" cap logo, and on the "ANGELS" and "ANAHEIM" word marks.

Navy caps, undershirts, and socks return for the Angels. The navy-red-navy piping on the sleeves and pants of the home and road uniforms is a nod to the Angels uniforms used during the 1970's and 1980's. "ANAHEIM" returns on the road uniforms. The navy blue alternate can be worn both at home and on the road.

Home:

zx4687.png

Away:

111jndf.png

Home alternate:

294h06d.png

Away alternate:

9avkgl.png

@coco1997 @itsmb8 Thanks for the feedback, guys! I appreciate it! @Flames1fan, soon enough!

Project: Nike/MLB 2020--Team 5/30: The Arizona Diamondbacks.

140i6fn.png

The Arizona Diamondbacks receive a radical refresh under Nike with a new color scheme of black as the primary color, with turquoise and copper as the secondary colors. The colors were picked to give a "Southwest" vibe to the franchise's new uniforms, and not to mention, it's a unique color scheme among professional sports franchises in North America.

The new uniforms feature striping on the sleeve cuffs similar to their past various purple and black alternates worn from 1996 to 2006. This striping also continues down the side of the pants for consistency and provides some needed flair, albeit a traditional manner. The road uniforms are a slightly lighter shade of grey (with a bit of a yellow tint to invoke a "sand-ish" color) in order to let the copper and turquoise accents pop on them. The black alternates display the full color scheme in a bold, traditional manner.

Home:

vcq4gh.png

Away:

2r3eblv.png

Home alternate:

5aey53.png

Away alternate:

25pr3w1.png

Archived