NHL City Heritage Alternates (Washington up 6/23)

NoE38_Concepts

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Detroit up 5/8)
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if you swap the modern D (stadium Series) got the fauxback D (Winter Classic), you’d have you self a real winner. As is, it’s really good, but make that swap and it’s suddenly great. The modern one doesn’t real fit the feel of a “Heritage Alternate”

1 hour ago, JB Designs said:

I think if you swap the modern D (stadium Series) got the fauxback D (Winter Classic), you’d have you self a real winner. As is, it’s really good, but make that swap and it’s suddenly great. The modern one doesn’t real fit the feel of a “Heritage Alternate”

Great idea. Original post has been updated.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Edmonton up 5/18)
  • 5 weeks later...
  • NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Florida up 6/17)

The Panthers' jersey looks pretty good...it doesn't need to flag motif on the torso though.  I'd put the sun logo on the pants or something, instead of the cat again.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 1 month later...

Looking to start posting a jersey per day until the series is done now.

Next up are the LA Kings, inspired by the Los Angeles Monarchs of the WHL. They had a simple striping pattern, which I applied to the concept here. The base brings back the Forum Blue, as well as the old crown logo. A hanger effect in the collar is based off the city's flag.

vZivw7I.png

Thoughts? Any C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Los Angeles up 7/22)
  • 8 months later...

I'm back, and ready to actually continue posting a series for once on these boards.

Next up are the Minnesota Wild, in the style of the St. Paul Saints, a historic team that played in the CHL and AHA from 1925-42.

The striping is inspired by their barberpole jerseys, but trimmed down to the traditional hockey jersey style.

q5VRITB.png

Thoughts? C&C on any jersey is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Series back, Minnesota up up 4/3)

Continuing on, Next up are the Montréal Canadiens. Even though the Montreal Wanderers were considered their rivals back in the day, I decided to model the Habs' jersey based on them anyway, as a callback to the rich history of hockey in the city.

TSsxyQR.png

Thoughts? C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Montréal up 4/4)
  • NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Nashville up 4/5)
  • NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (New Jersey up 4/7)

Goddamn I love hockey and hockey concepts! These are exceptional clean and well thought out. The presentation too is great - great work!

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Islanders up 4/8)
23 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

I dream about the Rangers donning the Golden Blades jersey.

Of course, they can also don the Americans jersey as well. 

The Rangers jersey is actually not modeled after either of those teams, but a more obscure one.

Next up are the New York Rangers, inspired by the old Manhattan Arrows. I decided to model after the arrows since MSG is located in Manhattan. The logo is the team's initials, in an arch, similar to the M on the Arrows' jerseys.

Je9QiIN.png

Thoughts? C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

Archived