NoE38_Concepts

NHL City Heritage Alternates (Sharks up 6/1)

8 hours ago, NoE38 said:

The Rangers jersey is actually not modeled after either of those teams, but a more obscure one.

Next up are the New York Rangers, inspired by the old Manhattan Arrows. I decided to model after the arrows since MSG is located in Manhattan. The logo is the team's initials, in an arch, similar to the M on the Arrows' jerseys.

Je9QiIN.png

Thoughts? C&C is appreciated!

I can't seem to find the jersey this concept is based on.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:45 PM, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

I can't seem to find the jersey this concept is based on.

This is really the only image I could find. The jerseys with an "M" are the Arrows. I tried my best to translate that onto the Adidas template.

Next up are the Ottawa Senators, in the style of the Ottawa Commandos. They were Ottawa's highest-tier hockey team after the Original Sens left, so I paid tribute to that here. The jersey is like a mix between their current alternates and the 67's.

xiXmlWe.png

1 hour ago, NoE38 said:

This is really the only image I could find. The jerseys with an "M" are the Arrows. I tried my best to translate that onto the Adidas template.

Next up are the Ottawa Senators, in the style of the Ottawa Commandos. They were Ottawa's highest-tier hockey team after the Original Sens left, so I paid tribute to that here. The jersey is like a mix between their current alternates and the 67's.

MrzcKdf.png

I like the inspiration for the jerseys that not many casual fans would know about. I think for Ottawa the look would be elevated if the logo was altered to be a hybrid of the Commandos shield and the Senators O. (The shield already looks like it’s getting close to an O with whatever is meant to be in the middle, that’s where my thought comes from)

On 4/10/2020 at 3:13 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I like the inspiration for the jerseys that not many casual fans would know about. I think for Ottawa the look would be elevated if the logo was altered to be a hybrid of the Commandos shield and the Senators O. (The shield already looks like it’s getting close to an O with whatever is meant to be in the middle, that’s where my thought comes from)

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to this, but I thought that was a cool idea, so I tried out. The OP has been updated with that new logo.

Next up in the series are the Philadelphia Flyers! I decided to base this off of the jerseys of the Short-lived Philadelphia Quakers. The entire jersey is two-tone, and the striping pattern is taken from the "wings" (whatever you call them) of the Flyers logo.

V9ZEqUd.png

Thoughts? C&C on any design is appreciated!

If there's nothing on Philly, let's move across the state to Pittsburgh. Similar to the Flyers, this concept is based off of an earlier NHL team in the city, the Pittsburgh Pirates. Again like the Flyers, the entire jersey is two-tone, and the striping is taken from the various jerseys the Pirates wore in their short history, and a hanger effect is used, inspired by the Pirates' diagonal striping jersey.

gL8qnth.png

Think that Ottawa update added something to the look that might give a deeper nod to the inspiration. I like it! 

I think the Flyers look good, but what made the Quakers look stand out so much for me was their script. If that was added but with “Flyers” I think it look pretty cool. I’d also space out the stripes a little bit more to better give that Quakers feel.

I think you hit the look you were going for here with the combo of Pirates jerseys. The best choice was definitely putting their wildest jersey on the collar. Only thing that bugs me is the inconsistency between chest stripe and the rest of the streps, but changing that would be going against the point of it.

On 5/2/2020 at 8:21 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I think the Flyers look good, but what made the Quakers look stand out so much for me was their script. If that was added but with “Flyers” I think it look pretty cool. I’d also space out the stripes a little bit more to better give that Quakers feel.

I made those changes, and I agree, they make the jersey look better. the Original post has been updated.

The next heritage alternate is probably the most "out there" of any concept in this series, it's the San Jose Sharks in the style of the RHI's San Jose Rhinos. I took the jagged stripes of the Rhino jerseys, and made that into a shark-tooth pattern. The pattern is used twice on the arms, and once on the hem.

Xgp7LPO.png

Any C&C is welcome!

I love the Rhinos! I some how have a vintage hat from the team. I like the intent, but It is coming off more like crazy 90s pattern than shark teeth... which would make sense. I would flip the white and teal just so it actually looks more like teeth. Roller might not be very appropriate given the deep history of hockey in the Bay Area, you don't have to stick to San Jose. I think the San Francisco Seals from way back would be fun with their white jerseys that has "SEALS" arched over their logo. If you're feeling ambitious you could even make a shark version of their seal logo, but it might be a little difficult. 

That's gotta be the coolest Sharks concept I've ever seen. I think it would look great in real life too, but they'd have to make the stripping not as tall on the sleeves.

14 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

That's gotta be the coolest Sharks concept I've ever seen. I think it would look great in real life too, but they'd have to make the stripping not as tall on the sleeves.

Heck yeah! I'm loving this series. The Oilers one is definitely cool.