NHL City Heritage Alternates (Washington up 6/23)

NoE38_Concepts

This is an idea I've had for a while, Basically I make an alternate for every NHL team, inspired by a uniform that a defunct franchise in the same city wore.

I've got a list of defunct teams that each NHL team will have an alt for, but if you have any suggestions, feel free to say them, and I'll use that team instead.

First up is the Anaheim Ducks, inspired by the RHI's Anaheim Bullfrogs.

The Bullfrogs' jerseys weren't too crazy for the 90s, featuring a diamond yoke and diagonal side panels. For this concept, I changed the diamond to a triangle to fit with the template, and added a similar pattern to the Ducks' orange alt to the yoke ad side panels. I added the cuffs to make the arms less bare. Lastly, I changed the Ducks' gold to the yellow that the Bullfrogs used.

roNabIo.png

Thoughts? C&C is appreciated!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/11/2019 at 9:32 PM, Blindsay said:

Nice one. I’m guessing Phoenix Roadrunners for Arizona?

Yep. Here they are now.

The Roadrunners jerseys weren't bad in terms of striping, but yellow-on-white syndrome is rampant on the dark jersey. 

The striping pattern for this concept is the same as the Roadrunners' but the two yellow stripes are substituted for the Kachina pattern. The Inner stripe is now maroon, and the small outer ones are the green from their inaugural jerseys.

1zDiuMn.png

C&C is appreciated, Boston will be up next!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Arizona up 3/19)
On 3/19/2019 at 7:07 PM, Blindsay said:

Nice, so for Boston..... the Braves?

Not quite. I'm going for longevity as the determining factor for which most of the teams got picked, for future reference.

Next up are the Bruins, inspired by the Boston Olympics. This jersey retains the same striping pattern as the 'Pics set, and the logo is a modernization of sorts, taking a Bruins' old B and adding wings to it. The B used by the B's in '49 is featured on the shoulders, pants and helmet, and the font is the best approximation I could find.

KmbZ0Mb.png

C&C on Arizona and Boston is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Boston up 3/20)

Next up are the Sabres, with their inspiration coming from the long-lived Buffalo Bisons.

The Bisons used several designs, so I tried mixing them the best I could while adding a little Sabres flair. The script logo is from their old alternate.

OMpiTiA.png

ANY C&C is appreciated. Literally anything.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Buffalo up 3/22)

Next up are the Calgary Flames. At first, I was going to make one based off of the Calgary Tigers, but then I realized they'd already done that for the 2011 Heritage Classic. This alternate is based on the Calgary Cowboys of the WHA, taking their striping pattern and adding some Flames flair to it.

22FOq8j.png

C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Calgary up 3/25)

Up next are the Carolina Hurricanes, inspired by the Raleigh IceCaps of the ECHL.

The IceCaps had two jersey designs, both of which were NHL templates. First, they used a recolored Pens jersey, and later on they used a Stars jersey in their colour scheme. I combined the two tempaltes for this one, making the arms like the stars template and the hem like the Pens one. The warning flag pattern is on full display, and grey is used heavily, as another tribute to the IceCaps.

FpzrUkS.png

C&C is appreciated on any jersey!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Carolina up 3/28)
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to an IG shoutout by Chris himself, this series is back up and running!

Next up are the Chicago Blackhawks, inspired by the WHA's Chicago Cougars. I brought back the striping pattern from the Hawks' 90's alt, and Rotated the Cougars' shoulder striping 90 degrees.

lYtClPk.png

C&C appreciated on anything!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Chicago up 5/2)
  • NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NHL City Heritage Alternates (Colorado up 5/3)

Archived