bbb

57 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Is it a safe guess that most of the offending stuff has been removed?

I assume so, i did a quick search to see if i could find anything this member did but it seems to be gone...or it was done in private message,.

For the sake of being nosey, I'd like to know what was said.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Essentially, he started a Euro football league concept project and blatantly ripped off every team he did (took the helmet off of the Dolphins logo, changed the outline color off of the Timberwolves old logo, stealing a designer's pay-for-use logo, etc).  He PMed us begging to have his thread resurrected claiming that he had another 25 teams done so we told him to submit any three he wanted for us to vet.  All three were blatant rip-offs and when told of such he went on a meltdown about such things as the NFL allowing logos to be used by non-profits and how none of us could have made it through high school without plagiarizing and ending his last point saying, with the grammar cleaned up, "go ahead and ban me but I did nothing wrong!"  So, blatantly violating posted board rules, continuing to do so despite being told several times with said rule quoted and bolded, and then us being attacked made it clear that a suspension wouldn't sink the point home.

After the suspension he actually emailed the mothership's account asking for Chris' address or phone number because he didn't want to talk to the mods anymore since justifying his logo theft to us was like "talking to a wall."

VmWIn6B.png

The thread has been hidden, yes.

To give a quick overview:

• The member in question violated the Concepts Forum Guidelines, for which he was warned.
  • The most egregious of these violations was taking other users' work, making small alterations, then posting him as his own. When he was confronted about this by other members, he admitted the work wasn't originally his (which doesn't make it OK).
  • When I discovered the violations, I locked the thread and issued the member with a warning.
  • I then received a PM from the member, asking me to re-open the thread. At this point, I asked him to read the Concepts Forum Guidelines (which were linked in his warning) and to circle back if he still had questions.
  • The member continually went back to their admission of stealing logos as making it OK to steal logos.
  • I then wrote a detailed response to the member, indicating why one of their designs (which made small alterations to a logo a user posted on Dribble) was not in line with the Concepts Forum Guidelines. In this response, since the designer had claimed their skills were strong, I also gave advice to stick to jerseys, fields, etc. for already existing teams OR to focus on designing one individual logo and seeking feedback, trying to improve it. I also noted that there are potential legal ramifications to the member's actions.
  • The member continued to dispute, indicating that they did not believe they were guilty because they did not know the rules, though they had previously posted on the forum, "just wanted to make this clear so nobody yells at me "you copied this"or "this logo is already in use" or stuff like that."
  • The member also offered to send the moderating team the files for subsequent teams that were to be featured in the series for their review, indicating that these teams would be in line with the Concepts Forum Guidelines.
  • When the user sent three of those designs to the moderating team, only one was in line with the Concepts Forum Guidelines. Further, the member claimed that the designs, all of which were based off existing logos in one way or another, were "100%" theirs.
  • After further PMs, it became clear that no matter how many times the moderating team reinforced the Concepts Forum Guidelines, the member did not understand them, and more importantly, did not see their logo theft as wrong.

I think it's important that the moderating team on this board takes a hard-line stance toward those who steal other peoples' designs. Fundamentally, this is a board of people who enjoy graphic design and its application to sports, and content creators must be protected. On a personal level, it was the inability for this member to see why stealing logos was immoral, and the continued insistence that they should be able to continue to do so, that led to my vote for a permanent ban.

6fQjS3M.png

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

Sounds like a kid to me who needs to mature and grow up a little bit before returning....if they choose to return.

If he chooses to return that’d be an autoban so that’s something we wouldn’t have to worry about.

VmWIn6B.png

54 minutes ago, LMU said:

If he chooses to return that’d be an autoban so that’s something we wouldn’t have to worry about.

For sure.  My comment was meant that if he chose to appeal in once due time has passed, but from what you all shared I dont think they'll return.

Archived