Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

West Coast Conference Unveils New Logo

It's probably a sign of my age, but the first thing I thought of when I saw the new logo was this... spacer.png

Absolutely a downgrade. This is so lifeless compared to the other one. 

I was actually just thinking the other day about how much I liked the West Coast Conference's logo. Some tweaks could have made it really awesome. Oh well.

I think if WCW had lived long enough to rebrand from their bird crap logo, this new West Coast logo is very close to what they would have used. It would have hearkened back to the logo people actually liked and associated good times with while being a bit more modern.

cYow6l.jpg

9 hours ago, walkerws said:

Absolutely a downgrade. This is so lifeless compared to the other one. 

I think it would have helped the old one to include the full abbreviation instead of just the W.  However, the new one looks like a logo for a tech startup.

I actually prefer the 1989-2010 version of the WCC logo where the left side of the W was actually the west coast.

11 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I was actually just thinking the other day about how much I liked the West Coast Conference's logo. Some tweaks could have made it really awesome. Oh well.

I think if WCW had lived long enough to rebrand from their bird crap logo, this new West Coast logo is very close to what they would have used. It would have hearkened back to the logo people actually liked and associated good times with while being a bit more modern.

cYow6l.jpg

I found a reddit with a sheet of different concepts they looked at before they changed to that logo. Funny thing a few of them looked like they inspired the InVasion wcw mark.