Let's try this again shall we

Silence of the Rams

So let's try this again shall we

Back with my second attempt at rebranding and expanding (with the occasional relocation and so on) of the Arena Footbal Leauge. Now thankfully I have a bit more organization unlike last time so this hopefully will go to conclusion

I will post the home and away unis first then I will post the alternates (FYI the idiotic one helmet rule doesn't exist here)

Before I forget thank you to @oldschoolvikings for the template it is a lifesaver

Here are the teams. Note some listed as just the city as I want to keep the surprise for when they are unvield

(American Conference East Division)

New York     Brooklyn, New York    Barclays Center
Miami Inferno    Miami, Florida    Hard Rock Arena
Boston    Boston, Massachusetts    TD Ameritrade Garden

Toronto Phantoms    Toronto, Ontario    Scotiabank Arena

(American Conference North Division)

Baltimore Brigade    Baltimore, Maryland    University of Maryland
Cleveland Destroyers    Cleveland, Ohio    Quicken Loans Arena
Winnipeg Command    Winnipeg, Manitoba    Bell Place
Pittsburgh Power    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania    PPG Paints Arena

(American Conference South Division)

Indianapolis    Indianapolis, Indiana    Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Nashville Katz    Nashville, Tennessee    Bridgestone Arena
Houston Wranglers    Houston, Texas    Toyota Center
Orlando Predators    Orlando, Florida    Amway Center

(American Conference West Division)

Las Vegas Gladiators    Las Vegas, Nevada    T-Mobile Arena
Portland Thunder    Portland, Oregon    Matthew Knight Arena
Colorado Crush    Denver, Colorado    Pepsi Center

Calgary Blaze    Calgary, Alberta    Scotiabank Saddledome

(National Conference East Division)

Philadelphia Soul    Phillidelphia, Pennsylvania    Wells Fargo Center
Washington Valor    Washington DC    Capital One Arena
New York Dragons    New York City, New York    Madison Square Garden
Dallas Desperados    Dallas, Texas    American Airlines Center

(National Conference North Division)

Milwaukee Blizzard    Milwaukee, Wisconsin    Frizev Fourm
Detroit Fury    Detroit, Michigan    Little Cesar's Arena
Chicago Rush    Chicago, Illinois    United Center
Minnesota     Minneapolis, Minnesota    Target Center

(National Conference South Division)

Charlotte Cobras    Charlotte, North Carolina    Spectrum Center
New Orleans VooDoo    New Orleans, Louisiana    Smoothie King Center
Atlanta Force    Atlanta, Georgia    Phillips Arena
Tampa Bay Storm    Tampa Bay, Florida    Amilie Arena

(National Conference West Division)

Arizona Rattlers    Phoenix, Arizona    Talking Stick Resort Arena
Seattle Shock    Seattle, Washington    KeyArena by CenturyLink
Los Angeles Avengers    Los Angeles, California    Staples Center
San Francisco Sabercats    San Francisco, California    Chase Center

(Bold=Completed)

Now on to the concepts

First the National West

*Beforehand I do have the San Francisco jerseys colored I just need to tweak so uniforms for them will be unvield

Arizona Rattlers

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Los Angeles Avengers

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Seattle Shock (Relocated from Spokane)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

San Francisco Sabercats (see divisional description at the end for details)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Divisional Description

ARZ: Not much noteworthy except the readdition of the aqua to their scheme

LA: In this rebranding yes they are owned by Disney (Come on with a name like Avengers how can I not) so the font does resemble a typical movie poster. Massive Captain Marvel vibes

SEA: Pretty self explanatory Seahawks by old Spokane franchise and move to Seattle and take on a Seahawk like colorscheme

SF: They will move in to new Chase Center once completed. Will play at SAP Center until then

Good start, but I'm noticing that all the teams have the same design (the curved colored part) on each jersey. Take LA for example. The uniform is ok, but if you removed the gold curved part from the front of the uniform, it would make the uniform a lot better. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

This looks like a good idea but... 

Why is Calgary in the American Conference East Division and Toronto in the American Conference West Division, especially when Toronto is obviously further east than Calgary?

Also, I would suggest changing the name of the Calgary team from Blaze to Stallions

YOZXkBG.png?1

59 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Good start, but I'm noticing that all the teams have the same design (the curved colored part) on each jersey. Take LA for example. The uniform is ok, but if you removed the gold curved part from the front of the uniform, it would make the uniform a lot better. 

Which curved part are you referring to. The one on the front or the one on the sleeves

25 minutes ago, JH42XCC said:

This looks like a good idea but... 

Why is Calgary in the American Conference East Division and Toronto in the American Conference West Division, especially when Toronto is obviously further east than Calgary?

Also, I would suggest changing the name of the Calgary team from Blaze to Stallions

Thanks for the quick geography lesson. I  definitely messed up will make that change.

Also the reason why Calgary is the Blaze is they "relocated" from salt lake (Utah Blaze)

I'd suggest finding a picture of an arena league game to put behind your logos instead of the basketball courts at the stadiums they'll be playing at. It throws things off a bit. You can use the same one for all the teams since you're not trying to show off the field layout. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd suggest finding a picture of an arena league game to put behind your logos instead of the basketball courts at the stadiums they'll be playing at. It throws things off a bit. You can use the same one for all the teams since you're not trying to show off the field layout. 

Well at the end of the project I might. Also I want to show where the teams are going to play

spacer.png

Here is an update to the Avengers. 

Loki doesn't die and becomes Thanos's assistant😂

Lol in all seriousness I removed the chest stripe and just blended it in with the top 

Now seeing as the Avengers are owned by Disney/Marvel I already have plans for a Captain America, Iron Man, and Captain Marvel alternate. Seeing as this rebrand doesn't have the NFL's bull(bleep) one helmet rule (a.k.a the dumbest uniform design rule in world history) which infinity war members (heroes not villains) would you like to see alternate-ized 

Two quick things. I was referring to the team Avengers when I said "Now seeing as the Avengers are owned by Disney/Marvel" to clear things up. 

Secondly any c&c before I move on to a division that will FORCE it's way like a STORM holding a VOODOO doll in one hand and holding COBRAS in the other

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Before I release the next division. Seeing as the movie is coming out soon I found an interesting matchup to do a spin on

.spacer.png

spacer.png

Now for Sabercats it would probably be the only time I ever cheered for the bad guy lol. Now the stones on the side of the Sabercats helmets are the infinity stones the first 4 are the LA Avengers colors and the last 2 are the Shock and Rattlers colors. The Arenaty Stones if you will

Los Angeles is based on the Advanced Tech Suits from the trailers. 

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd suggest using wordmarks and lowering the front numbers on these. It's not needed on all of them but the Avengers alt should use the Marvel Avengers wordmark if they're tied to the movies.

No the name on the back of the jersey is just a placeholder for the player name. As for the numbers I wanted to make it look like the A was in the center

Archived