Church's Chicken refresh

dfwabel

Old:

NpC4Kco.png

Refresh:

RcJZoso.png

https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/church-s-chicken-brand-refresh-embraces-texas-roots

Church’s Chicken wants to return its restaurants back to their Texas roots with a brand refresh that began rolling out earlier this month.

“Texas has a real spirit to it, and we wanted to make sure this was represented through our fresh food, strong heritage and memories,” Christina said. “It’s about having that ability to take pride in our brand. For me, that down-home piece of that tagline says you never settle. ‘Down home’ means abundance of flavor and variety.”

Dubbing it the start of a new “global brand positioning,” Church’s Chicken will also introduce a subtle facelift to U.S. restaurants, including updated employee uniforms and a new logo and food packaging featuring a color scheme upgrade from traditional red and white to a rich blue palette, which helps Church’s stand out, he said.

:

asOfUsn.png

Church's is severely underrated as far as fast food fried chicken goes. Their chicken is on par with Popeye's and Bojangles' (and coming from a Carolinian, that's a huge compliment!)

Unfortunately, in my experience, the restaurants are often a little dirty and in need of some serious TLC. Hopefully this refresh will also result in some major updates to the restaurants themselves. The article mentions digital menu boards and rearranged seating - hopefully this is a significant investment, and not the "lipstick on a pig" that the logo "refresh" looks to be. The fact that it's basically just a recolor will allow locations with the old red/blue/yellow logo to "pass" longer without a complete overhaul. A more drastic logo change would stand out more. This makes it seem to me like this entire refresh is going to be half-assed, implemented very slowly, and that some locations will never see a change. I hope I'm wrong.

That said, black and yellow is an interesting choice. I can't think of a single fast-food chain that uses only black and yellow (BWW isn't "fast food"; McDonald's golden arches are often shown in only black and yellow, but we know McD's owns red and yellow)... it could work if they really commit to it.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

5 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

That said, black and yellow is an interesting choice. I can't think of a single fast-food chain that uses only black and yellow (BWW isn't "fast food"; McDonald's golden arches are often shown in only black and yellow, but we know McD's owns red and yellow)... it could work if they really commit to it.

The logo is Navy and Yellow.

Archived