B-Rich

New team = New Original Color Scheme

1 hour ago, B-Rich said:

You know, I hadn't really noticed that (the later-year Vancouver Grizzlies were sort of forgettable) but it turns out you're right (for those later years):

spacer.png

lopez-lead.jpg?itok=5qhLZUaD&w=1000&q=70

Appears they dropped all aspects of "bronze" from the unis and replaced it with black. THAT is what transitioned to Memphis.

In the early days, the away unis were turquoise, and still had  a good amount of bronze:

spacer.png spacer.png

Ah, nice. I didn't realize the OG Grizzlies had so little black or so much bronze.

IIRC, at some point prior to the switch to the double blue, they called the reddish color in their scheme "salmon", which is clever given that grizzlies eat salmon IRL, but I don't recall it looking all that pink. The teal-black-"salmon" scheme was still pretty good, but it would've been better had they worn teal even occasionally.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Not really, no. I’m kind of under the impression that the people who want to bring the Expos back would like the old identity restored without any modification. I’m fine with the colors (French flag colors, which I believe is important for a French Canadian team - the target audience after the Francophones alienated the Anglophones), but I really don’t want one of the ugliest logos in Big Four history brought back.

If the Expos ever come back, they must return to pinwheel hats with white fronts, light blue road uniforms, and racing stripes. These are nonnegotiable. ;)

7 hours ago, B-Rich said:

You know, I hadn't really noticed that (the later-year Vancouver Grizzlies were sort of forgettable) but it turns out you're right (for those later years):

spacer.png

lopez-lead.jpg?itok=5qhLZUaD&w=1000&q=70

Appears they dropped all aspects of "bronze" from the unis and replaced it with black. THAT is what transitioned to Memphis.

In the early days, the away unis were turquoise, and still had  a good amount of bronze:

spacer.png spacer.png

I love those collar stripes. 

WOW  WOW  WOW  WOW!