Nike-fy the MLB

infernoqueso

Another day, Another team, the Chicago Cubs.  A team that has a great home uniform and nothing else.  My attempt is to establish a better color balance on road and alternates.  Also got rid of the walking cub and replaced it with the fiercer throwback logo.  A fauxback completes the set.  spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Cubs are perfect.

Just curious, will you be posting updated designs based on feedback you receive? I’d like to see the Royals & Tigers tweaked to reflect the suggestions in my previous post.

Yes once I post the 29 teams (not posting Cleveland) I will go back and update all the teams.  I'm just dumping the files from my computer right now.  

• 1 month later...

Alright I'm back to updating this series and I;m posting the Chicago White Sox.  Went all in on fauxbacks, with the entire look predicated on refurbishing old uniforms.  Most importantly all the looks actually include white socks.  I added red back into the color palette to breathe some new life into the brand.  spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Welcome back! You did an excellent job with my White Sox. I really love how their underappreciated '87-90 set looks in black and red. 

Great job overall, but I would just go back and tweak the color balance on all these designs:

- Take the sock design you used for the 1917 inspired set and apply it to all the uniforms.

- Make the cap bill of the three '83 style sets red. 

- Add a red stroke to the cap logo on the pinstriped set

- For the '83 style road set, make the outline of the diamond sleeve patch white or get rid of it entirely.

Here is my take on the Rockies.  A team with almost the same look for their entire existence, I kept with their "established tradition."  More emphasis on purple, and a slight shoulder logo tweak.  Also, their unique road pinstripes make a comeback.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

On 3/15/2019 at 8:55 PM, infernoqueso said:

I am starting "another" MLB thread, but the catch here is the concepts are modeled after the college baseball nike designs.  This means a ton of options, fauxbacks, and non-traditional designs.  The first team is the Houston Astros, a team many college programs model uniforms after.  I took a page out of the NCAA's book and brought back the rainbow guts with a modern twist.  Additionally, the more traditional options have added a shooting star above the team names.  C&C are appreciated, but any edits will be about 2 months out.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Given your username this series should be hella cheesy. ;) Yet, this set is awesome.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:04 AM, infernoqueso said:

Alright I'm back to updating this series and I;m posting the Chicago White Sox.  Went all in on fauxbacks, with the entire look predicated on refurbishing old uniforms.  Most importantly all the looks actually include white socks.  I added red back into the color palette to breathe some new life into the brand.  spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Don't tamper with the regular home and road. I like the fauxbacks with black rather than blue, but the White Sox had an even bigger identity crisis than the Brewers and Padres before settling on the black and silver. I'd hate to see that cam of worms opened up once again.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work on the Twins. I'd maybe flip the home and road alts, making a red with navy "Twins" the home alt and the navy with red "Minnesota" an option to be worn on the road or at home. 

So pretty much close to these?

spacer.png

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

Archived