Nike-fy the MLB

infernoqueso

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The New York Yankees are up next.  Felt like making a good amount of changes, with a throwback NY logo for both caps and jerseys.  Liked the more square version bc it fits neatly in all applications.  Also used a flannel pattern on the away, a real traditional feel, along with an inverse alternate.  Obviously not that creative, and very controversial, but if college baseball can make it look "fire emoji," why not the Yankees.  Also an additional more toned down grey alternate that also uses the throwback NY.  Tradition stays around, in the form of no front Nike logo..!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

2 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Love this series! Excellent work.

As a Yankee fan, I can tell you the navy with white pinstripes won’t work. 

spacer.png

As someone who hasn't been to NYC in 16 years, I'm surprised the prices at the new Yankee Stadium aren't higher than that. 

No responses, so here are the Padres.  I used the soon to be introduced brown and gold colors, and decided to mix both modern and classic styles. A fauxback set is included to compliment the main uniforms.  Additionally, updated the camo uniform to match the current Navy uniform.  While some hate it, they were the first to introduce one, and IMO was a great nod to the Navy community.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

In the middle of a really busy week, but found time to scrap up a Giants concept.  Pretty similar to what is currently worn.  Biggest difference is the shoulder patch which is a diamond shape with the Golden gate bridge inside, and the SF logo placed at the bottom.  Also took off the headspoon  on the away, and brought back block lettering to the orange alt.  The black alt follows the template of the grey alt.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

As Rays fan, I found this concept incredibly difficult.  I never really consider the aesthetics of my own team, because inherently love my team.  I took a step back and realized the current colors stand out in the league, but the rainbow gradients are also very sharp.  I merged the two into something, I as a fan would be proud to wear.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Ok, I love this Rays set. Puts together everything great about the current and classic looks, and makes it so that they can reuse old merchandise, a prospect Stu would love. (And my favorite cap is now the main!)

spacer.png

Archived