My brush with an olympic champion!

Saintsfan

i met joe montana when he appeared on qvc, which airs in my town of west chester, pa - we talked for a few minutes - hes a real nice guy

i also met several nba refs - michael "duke" callahan through my uncle, joe crawford i actually met at my church, and ed malloy through a basketball camp of my younger brother

I met Luc Longley when the Chicago Bulls came to Vancouver to play the Grizzlies in 1998.

He was the biggest man I have ever seen.

I said "G'day mate"

He said "G'day how ya goin'?"

I said "Yeah. awright."

He said "Ah (getting the accent), Where ya from?"

I said "Melbourne, mate"

He said "Goin' tonight?"

I said "Yair"

He said "Good on ya".

I said "Stick it up 'em mate"

He smiled. "Yeah"

Rivetting stuff I know, and forged in my memory.

(And re-lived at dinner parties)

In the game the Griz were right in the game until the last quarter and finally went down by 18. Longley was ordinary, from memory, but I seem to remember his freak mate with the tats playing well. (Rodman 22 rebounds - I looked it up)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

i met joe montana when he appeared on qvc, which airs in my town of west chester, pa - we talked for a few minutes - hes a real nice guy

i also met several nba refs - michael "duke" callahan through my uncle, joe crawford i actually met at my church, and ed malloy through a basketball camp of my younger brother

west chester PA huh, you know Bam Margera? :D

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

i also met several nba refs - michael "duke" callahan through my uncle, joe crawford i actually met at my church,  and ed malloy through a basketball camp of my younger brother

west chester PA huh, you know Bam Margera? :D

yes ive met him several times - i was once in a burger king where he did something for jackass: the movie

I thought this was about olympic athletes.. oh well,

Maury Wills comes into my grocery store.

You ever go up to him and say "Hey, aren't you Bump Wills's dad? What's it like to have a major leaguer in the family?"

I thought this was about olympic athletes.. oh well,

Maury Wills comes into my grocery store.

You ever go up to him and say "Hey, aren't you Bump Wills's dad? What's it like to have a major leaguer in the family?"

haha, maybe i'll try that sometime.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived