fictional teams

On 11/11/2020 at 3:12 PM, DukeofChutney said:

Just a general question - do many real world teams ever release jerseys of another sport? ie. Lakers baseball jersey or Marlins hockey jersey. Can't think I've ever seen it - guess that's a whole thread unto its own.

Back in the late '90s I had a baseball-style Buffalo Sabres jersey.  It was pretty similar to this but without pinstripes.

u4G7NAl.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/11/2020 at 12:12 PM, DukeofChutney said:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Makes you wonder if the Giants never moved in '58 or its supposed to be an expansion/re-location.

Plus - weird that the NPCs wear a hockey jersey when the Torchers are a basketball team. Unless they're both sports?

Just a general question - do many real world teams ever release jerseys of another sport? ie. Lakers baseball jersey or Marlins hockey jersey. Can't think I've ever seen it - guess that's a whole thread unto its own.

Maybe not as weird as you may think.  Apparently, Starter makes/made NBA hockey jerseys.

spacer.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Caught the first episode of the new Mighty Ducks series the other day. They feature new uniforms for the District 5 team that are similar to the old Anaheim set, with a bit more black added. The new logo looks like a hybrid of the old Anaheim shoulder patch & the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks.

spacer.png

I couldn't find any pictures, but they have randomly changed the Hawks from a black & blue team to blue & orange.

10 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Caught the first episode of the new Mighty Ducks series the other day. They feature new uniforms for the District 5 team that are similar to the old Anaheim set, with a bit more black added. The new logo looks like a hybrid of the old Anaheim shoulder patch & the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks.

spacer.png

I couldn't find any pictures, but they have randomly changed the Hawks from a black & blue team to blue & orange.

Judging by the trailer, it seems that the Ducks are now the bad guys (like the old Hawks)? Seems weird to me, but I watched those movies religiously growing up so I'll give it a chance. 

Wonder if they had to use a different logo due to licensing and Disney not owning the Anaheim Ducks?

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Judging by the trailer, it seems that the Ducks are now the bad guys (like the old Hawks)? Seems weird to me, but I watched those movies religiously growing up so I'll give it a chance. 

Wonder if they had to use a different logo due to licensing and Disney not owning the Anaheim Ducks?

Yup! The coach for the Ducks is Gordon Bombay if he had his dad put him in charge instead of the judge. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of cutting only one player off the roster, there were a lot of slackers on that goal.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I guess this technically doesn’t fall into fictional teams, but last year, Mint Mobile used Oriole Park at Camden Yards in one of its commercials

spacer.png

IRL, OPACY is 1 of 8 MLB stadiums left without corporate sponsorship 

Ew. Camden Yards is beautiful, let's keep it without a sponsor, please.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 4:24 PM, M4One said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Honest opinion, I actually hate the new uniforms for the movie. Not that I was looking forward to the sequel, despite me loving the original so much growing up, but the old uniforms are iconic for me (and others) growing up. I personally would just have an slight update to the old uniform and that would be it.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

3 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

Honest opinion, I actually hate the new uniforms for the movie. Not that I was looking forward to the sequel, despite me loving the original so much growing up, but the old uniforms are iconic for me (and others) growing up. I personally would just have an slight update to the old uniform and that would be it.

Without the dumb WB intro/outro circles covering half the side, (I'd instead shrink them down to a shorts logo or something similar) I'd say the new look is a massive upgrade. Then again, I'm a generation too young to have any sort of nostalgia for the OG Space Jam, so take my opinion with a grain of salt if you will. 

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

6 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

Without the dumb WB intro/outro circles covering half the side, (I'd instead shrink them down to a shorts logo or something similar) I'd say the new look is a massive upgrade. Then again, I'm a generation too young to have any sort of nostalgia for the OG Space Jam, so take my opinion with a grain of salt if you will. 

No offense to the filmmakers, but I think they should've got Tom O'Grady to help out with the uniform design.

Archived