fictional teams

34 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It is kind of shocking how much thought and work they put into the production design for this commercial.  More than some actual teams do. 😛 

Anyone recognize the ballpark where they shot it?

spacer.png

Maybe the Staten Island Yankees ballpark? 

Wonder what would cost more, pay for the rights to use a real team's branding or create a fictional team?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Maybe the Staten Island Yankees ballpark? 

That looks like a winner.  Note the V-shaped supports for the upper deck.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I think you’re right.  With a little CGI extension. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Good eye.  It looks like the upper deck was extended over an additional 2.5 sections (+/-) of the lower deck.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

I know this one!  The "so bad it's almost good" classic . . . "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh".

Love the two different jerseys there.

Wonder why the early HBO shows like this one aren't available on the network's streaming site?  It's not like syndication wasn't a thing at the time; HBO would have known they might need rebroadcast rights in perpetuity when writing the contracts.  

My contribution (and, for the record, I have no interest in the remake) . . . 

The uniforms were intentionally bad in 1976, but that have a certain retro panache now.

spacer.png

Then the Bears went upscale when they traveled to Tokyo . . . complete with a more prominent sponsor.

spacer.pngspacer.png

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Wonder why the early HBO shows like this one aren't available on the network's streaming site?  It's not like syndication wasn't a thing at the time; HBO would have known they might need rebroadcast rights in perpetuity when writing the contracts.  

So wonders every "From the Earth to the Moon" fan out there. (If you haven't see it, you owe it to yourself to check it out--the DVD box should be available for cheap.)

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Can't say I was big enough fan of the show to know the details of the football scenes, but I thought the Smallville Crows had a nice identity, complete with team warmups and practice uniforms with mismatched helmet logos (which is a nice touch if intentional).

7603b16fb9888b9e2072f47edc724c74.jpg

57_6d98808c-2c5e-48ad-8cbe-cd7eda0e6e35_

maxresdefault.jpg

kaleena-kiff-news.jpg

Clark_Kent's_jersey_89_hothead.JPG

Smallville_Crows_001.jpg

z9xlDgHD5YViZQZVYA4YZMShvAp.jpg

smallville110.1.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Love the two different jerseys there.

1st & 10 is on Amazon Prime, I added it to my watchlist a few months ago but haven't dove in yet. HBO didn't produce 1st & Ten they just aired it, so whatever rights they had to show it most likely expired years ago.

How about the University of Louisiana Mud Dogs and they're unique orange, brown, and blue color scheme?

"Y'all remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl!"

Practice/regular season uniform:

maxresdefault.jpg

Bourbon Bowl uniform:

hqdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

Archived