• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png\

spacer.png

And...

spacer.png

Rockets were pretty clearly a Jets ripoff, I'd say. Muddogs...man, those were some weird uniforms. They looked like a backwater school that had to cobble together what they had into something they could wear on the field...which I'm guessing is what the designers were going for, in which case great job on their part.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:35 PM, -Akronite- said:

How about the University of Louisiana Mud Dogs and they're unique orange, brown, and blue color scheme?

"Y'all remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl!"

Practice/regular season uniform:

maxresdefault.jpg

Bourbon Bowl uniform:

hqdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

I guess this was made before the University of Southwestern Louisiana became the University of Louisiana-Lafayette

14 hours ago, Echo said:

Agreed, but who really needs to see the Rangers in ANOTHER outdoor game?

Buls2Xh.jpg

I've always wondered if that inspired the Cold War (which inspired the Winter Classic), even a little bit.  An outdoor game seemed so crazy at the time, and that strangeness is definitely a plot point in the film.   It was what, three years later that Michigan brought it back?

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I've always wondered if that inspired the Cold War (which inspired the Winter Classic), even a little bit.  An outdoor game seemed so crazy at the time, and that strangeness is definitely a plot point in the film.   It was what, three years later that Michigan brought it back?

Perhaps, but it's not like the NHL hadn't staged an outdoor game before Mystery, Alaska came out.  The Kings and Rangers played an outdoor pre-season game in Las Vegas as early as 1991. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_outdoor_NHL_game_in_Las_Vegas

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived