fictional teams

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/28/2019 at 8:32 AM, Webhamster said:

tzNo0hi.jpg

Don't forget Lethal Weapon 3 where the Los Angeles Generics play the Toronto Spades.

As I recall, this was filmed before an actual game between the Leafs and Kings in the fall of 1991.

Can confirm; I was at this game as a nine-year-old. 

3 hours ago, dbofox said:

I feel that the Texas State Armadillos don't get enough love (Necessary Roughness)spacer.png

So was the real Texas State (Bobcats) called Southwest Texas Stare at this time, or did they just not care?

1 minute ago, 4_tattoos said:

Not sure if Sunset Park is fictional

spacer.png

I'd assume so, unless Lily Tomlin is actually a former high school hoops coach. Man, if that's a ten-foot rim, #33 is one tell actor. Looks like he could grab it flat-footed. 

1 minute ago, AndrewMLind said:

They’re standing several feet from the hoop and the photographer is likely kneeling, which is why he looks so tall.

Ah. Good point.

Fictional or not, those are some sweet threads. Perfect shade of red for shimmer fabric, simple design, and dude on the lower-right has some wild kicks.

30 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I'd assume so, unless Lily Tomlin is actually a former high school hoops coach.

That's Rhea Perlman (Carla from 'Cheers').  She's 5'0", so there's a height reference for #33 behind her.

40 minutes ago, Echo said:

That's Rhea Perlman (Carla from 'Cheers').  She's 5'0", so there's a height reference for #33 behind her.

Wow, that is Rhea Perlman. Good call.

I just looked it up and Lily Tomlin is 5'8". Very significant height difference between her and Perlman. Of course, most of those guys are way taller than either...

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

So was the real Texas State (Bobcats) called Southwest Texas Stare at this time, or did they just not care?

SW Texas St. didn't change their name to Texas State until the 2000's. This was in '91 so they weren't really infringing on anyone's name. The first team they played was the Bobcats. So possibly an homage? 

Speaking of Texas State, fictional Texas Methodist (Friday Night Lights series) used Texas State’s mascot and colors. The scenes were filmed at Bobcat Stadium, while several members of the athletic department and coaching staff made cameos, too. 

On 3/26/2019 at 8:06 AM, AgentColon2 said:

spacer.png

This was an A Team episode.  For some reason an US semi-pro team was playing in East Germany.  They used an Express vs Generals game for footage.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png\

spacer.png

"I can get open."

The post above reminded of the Adams Atoms.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 4/2/2019 at 5:45 PM, neo_prankster said:

Is that a young Robert Downey Jr wearing #2?

yep, he was QB 2. Got to play a snap when A.M. Hall "broke his d*ck" 😆

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

2 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Kurt Russell wearing #12?

That is correct, sir.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived