Watched “The Game Plan” earlier this week (fiancée’s choice) and I couldn’t help but see similarities between the fictional Boston Rebels’ helmet logo and the Birmingham Iron logo. Not the spitting image by any means, but the idea of a “B” wrapped in a football shape.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/gameplan-movie-used-helmet-movie-prop-1871379770

spacer.png

Similarities with the logo, but Birmingham didn’t actually put logos on their helmets. 

BirminghamIron.png

spacer.png

Because I needed a show to hate-watch, here’s Liberty High School from 13 Reasons Why.

13-reasons-why-chloe-1-1526938883.jpg?re

480?cb=20170420120634

13-reason-why-letterman-jacket-infograph

They’ve got fantastic colors, even if the logos are a bit generic. The show is utter garbage that’s potentially harmful to depressed individuals, but we know that. 

I am old enough to remember this series of commercials for New York Life but was young enough then that I actually thought this was a real football team, and that the uniforms were cool...

1 hour ago, ltravisjr said:

I am old enough to remember this series of commercials for New York Life but was young enough then that I actually thought this was a real football team, and that the uniforms were cool...

I loved those commercials . . . probably because I was a sucker for anything with sports in it

The Tampico Stogies from the 1987 HBO original film Long Gone.

0ky1cAfl.jpg

Ebbets Field Flannels has manufactured the Stogies' home pinstripe jersey. It features the #7 worn by William Petersen's character, pitcher/manager Cecil "Stud" Cantrell .

W4G4MAEl.gif  

5 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

The Tampico Stogies from the 1987 HBO original film Long Gone.

0ky1cAfl.jpg

Ebbets Field Flannels has manufactured the Stogies' home pinstripe jersey. It features the #7 worn by William Petersen's character, pitcher/manager Cecil "Stud" Cantrell .

W4G4MAEl.gif  

Why is there an apostrophe-s at the end?  It makes it look like a beer league softball team sponsored by Stogie's Bar and Grill.

Slapshot's Charlestown Chiefs were mentioned earlier in the thread. Amongst the Chiefs' opponents in the film were the...

Broome County Blades
qmxnFoEl.jpg

Hyannisport Presidents
U7hxQD3h.jpg

Syracuse Bulldogs
MjpALIQl.jpg

3 hours ago, ltravisjr said:

Hey, I think that fellow "George" is Les Nessman from WKRP in Cincinnati...

On 4/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, M4One said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Why does the thought of Quark playing baseball crack me up?

I’m surprised not many people remember this...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Before working on One Punch Man, Yusuke Murata worked on another manga series called Eyeshield 21, a story centered around a fictional high school American football team in Japan called the Deimon Devil Bats. I always thought the Bats had the sharpest uniforms in fictional sports. That devil wing on their helmets really brings it home. 

19 minutes ago, BigRed618 said:

I’m surprised not many people remember this...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Before working on One Punch Man, Yusuke Murata worked on another manga series called Eyeshield 21, a story centered around a fictional high school American football team in Japan called the Deimon Devil Bats. I always thought the Bats had the sharpest uniforms in fictional sports. That devil wing on their helmets really bring some it home. 

I'm not into anime myself, but you're right that those are sharp helmets.

23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Kinda like this helmet from "The Middle."spacer.png

spacer.png

East Indiana State Dragons IIRC

On 4/20/2019 at 12:27 AM, AgentColon2 said:

Saving Silverman. Wheaton Warbirds.

spacer.png

Lolwut

On 4/20/2019 at 12:27 AM, AgentColon2 said:

Saving Silverman. Wheaton Warbirds.

spacer.png

That's a popular color scheme for non-existent teams...

spacer.png