fictional teams

The doomed Florida... uh, Gators... from The Sum of All Fears, with what I can only assume are BFBS jerseys that didn't survive the 2000s. If the team didn't just fold right then and there.

Image result for sum of all fears football teams

Then there's their opponents, the Chicago Rockets, who... hey wait a second ANTHONY THERE'S A BOMB IN THE STADIUM GET OUTTA THERE

unknown.png

53Ocz8U.png

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/23/2019 at 5:21 AM, Jimmy Lethal said:

The doomed Florida... uh, Gators... from The Sum of All Fears, with what I can only assume are BFBS jerseys that didn't survive the 2000s. If the team didn't just fold right then and there.

Image result for sum of all fears football teams

Then there's their opponents, the Chicago Rockets, who... hey wait a second ANTHONY THERE'S A BOMB IN THE STADIUM GET OUTTA THERE

unknown.png

Incidentally, I learned through Google that several actual football teams called the Chicago Rockets have existed. Combine that with Florida Gators, and it seems the producers decided to use names that have a historical basis. Good choice.

16 hours ago, CardsFan79 said:

We can't forget the Beavers and their nemesis, the Dragons.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I always think of these when I see UMBC's gold jerseys.spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I know this got mentioned but no one has done a deep dive into all the teams

the_replacements_.jpg

I found a website with team helmets from the movie

Washington Sentinels

The-Replacements-Washington-Senitels-Foo

Detroit Ironmen
The-Replacements-Detroit-Ironmen-Footbal

San Diego Stallions

The-Replacements-San-Diego-Stallions-Foo

Phoenix Scorpions
The-Replacements-Phoenix-Scorpions-Footb

Miami Barracuda
The-Replacements-Miami-Barracuda-Footbal

Dallas Ropers
The-Replacements-Dallas-Ropers-Football-

wonder if the AAF becomes the new go to for football highlights in movies

27 minutes ago, raysox said:

I know this got mentioned but no one has done a deep dive into all the teams

the_replacements_.jpg

A few of my friends are in crowd shots from "The Replacements".  The scenes were filmed at M&T Bank Stadium.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 4/30/2019 at 9:58 AM, leopard88 said:

A few of my friends are in crowd shots from "The Replacements".  The scenes were filmed at M&T Bank Stadium.

Yeah, they color-corrected it to make the seats look blue instead of purple. 

The Replacements has some of the best fictional team uniforms in movies.  I could totally believe a lot of those were in the NFL, which was the point.  

RE: that Juwanna Man post

I remember a series on Showtime around 1999-2001 about pro basketball players in a league called the UBA.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Call of Duty Ghosts has a fictional baseball team, the San Diego Tsunami. They play at Greenway park, and have a full logo history and jersey package. (I have screenshots on my other computer)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So in the first season of Power Rangers, the Angel Grove High School football team (the Tigers), were blue and silver.

spacer.png

By the time the 2017 reboot came out, they had changed the colors to Carolina Blue, but still kept the Tigers mascot.

spacer.png

And finally, in the Zyu2 footage for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 1 (i.e. footage created by the Japanese stunt teams for the exclusive use in PR and not as part of Super Sentai) the Japanese crew gave the Putties these uniforms:

spacer.png

MVP: Most Valuable Primate had the fictional Nelson Nuggets Jr. B hockey team, who used a Rangers-esque wordmark on the Bruins old Pooh Bear template:

spacer.png

The sequel had Jack the chimp playing for the Seattle Simians, who basically wore the Blues pre-edge jerseys with the shoulder yoke changed from navy to yellow (and some god awful cooperalls):

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 5/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

From the hit Canadian TV series Power Play (Starring Dean McDermott, Caterina Scorsone, Gordon Pinset and the occasional appearance of Don Cherry) the Hamilton Steelheads:

Image result for Hamilton Steelheads jerseyImage result for Hamilton Steelheads jersey

We're approaching peak '90s.

On 5/8/2019 at 8:22 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

From the hit Canadian TV series Power Play (Starring Dean McDermott, Caterina Scorsone, Gordon Pinset and the occasional appearance of Don Cherry) the Hamilton Steelheads:

Image result for Hamilton Steelheads jerseyImage result for Hamilton Steelheads jersey

We both posted the same pic.  At least, of the bottom one.

Archived