• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Tore said:

I was going to post a city edition to follow up my current take on the Bucks - one continuing down the "woodland" rabbit hole and one with the irish rainbow. While sketching things out, I found myself very much empty for motivation and uninspired. I went out to the store and noticed halloween themed paper napkins and paper cups. Halloween isnt a very big thing here in Norway however it has begun to catch on, ever so slightly. Halloween is exactly one week from today so I thought it be fun(at least for me) to make a halloween themed uniform for the Bucks. 

I tried to find out if there were any specific halloween colours. Different sites said different things yet the overall consensus said purple, green, black, orange and even red. As the Bucks have donned both green, purple and red uniforms at some points during their existence, I focused especially on those colours. I increased the saturation to make them almost "scream". I wanted retina burning saturation. 

The whole concept is basically the "Cream City" city edition from '17 with some slight edits. I removed the nose and mouth on the buck to make it more terrifying, imposing; something dead hunting you at night deep within the forest. The Shining is a classic so I did a little red rum with the player name, in red of course. I replaced the outline of Wisconsin(Bucks tertiary logo) with "Fear the Deer" - except it says "FEAR THE DEAD", kinda tacky but it made me laugh. 

I hope you guys like it! Maybe Nike should make Halloween themed uniforms, make it a thing like the Adidas Christmas uniforms from a couple of years ago. 

All comments and criticsms are greatly appreciated! 

Milwaukee Bucks Halloween Edition Uniform Concept

oQbYOML.png

Not sure how well these would get over with other fans, but I like them. Very cyberpunky. Every EDM DJ would own this jersey by the end of the year.

@NicDB It is definitely not for the faint of heart! Just wanted to make something different and eye catching(disgust and/or excitement). Do you have any suggestions how to make it more halloween-esque?
In regards to the city edition - would this uniform a good starting point?

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

On 10/25/2019 at 2:38 AM, Tore said:

@NicDB It is definitely not for the faint of heart! Just wanted to make something different and eye catching(disgust and/or excitement). Do you have any suggestions how to make it more halloween-esque?
In regards to the city edition - would this uniform a good starting point?

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but what about a Harley Davidson themed uniform?  Their colors are very similar to Halloween, and the Bucks already have a holiday tradition of wearing green and red on Christmas.  They would simply wear the Harley unis on Halloween.

Like so many others, I am not sure what to make of the new Boston Celtics City Edition leak. I believed the gold and turquoise was a horrible prank, but of course it was Enes Kanter's horrible camera. The uniform will be Celtics green and gold - which is a good thing. All things considered, it could be lot worse. 
As an avid Celtics fan and listener of anything and everything Celtics, I remember that VP Business Development Nicole Federico talked about the 18/19 city and earned edition. This was last year and both those editions turned out marvelous. However, during the podcast(Celtics Talk) she talked about different directions and a neon green celtics uniform. A neon would be "fun" but would certainly be a miss.

All the Celtics really need is their traditional green and white uniforms. They are perfect as is. However, this makes it near impossible to create something original and cool. 
Some wants the green, white and black unis from the Big Three era - which are way superior compared to the statement. Many really wants the St Patrick back(this uniform is the greatest thing ever!) and several have taken inspiration from it. 

This is a very quick take and it is not exactly polished but I wanted to show what I would do to the new Boston Celtics City Edition. I dont know how the shorts will look so I just played it by ear. 
The typeface isnt exactly the same though it is gaelic inspired. The leak showed dark outlines around the numerals and wordmark - I changed it to white to give the uniform a bit more lightness. I also added a white piping as middle trim around neck, shoulders, and shorts - it makes the whole uniform less intense and takes from the weight. There is little doubt in my mind that this uniform is a homage to the Irish heritage of Boston - which is why I also used the flag of Ireland in the background. I considered changing Boston to Celtics as this would really take it home but it just did not look as great as I had hoped. It says "Luck of the Irish" above the jock tag.

I hope this uniform looks "better" than the current 19/20 city edition. 

Boston Celtics City Edition Uniform Concept
VEsVZ6s.png

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

• Tore changed the title to 2019/20 NIKE x NBA Concepts | Leaked Boston Celtics City Edition - quickfix
  • 3 weeks later...

This summer the Houston Rockets unveiled new uniforms. I didnt really mind them except for the needless armhole trim - they would simply look a lot better with a full trim(!) The logo is still horrible and I cannot believe they still havent considered the many great fan made logos on the web; some of them are really amazing. The wordmark is sans serif which I think is a better font to be honest. They've kept with the black theme and gone even further down the rabbit hole. In my mind the only teams who should black, white and red is the Blazers and the Bulls. I dont mean to offend any Raptors fans, I just wished the Raptors stayed with the gorgeous red, purple and white.
All in all, the new Rockets uniforms are uninventive, uninspiring and very much bland. Replacing the chevrons with a solid bar is kinda nice as it gives this blast-off shape coming off the shorts, however the horrid logo still remains on the sides - which I cannot understand as it is based on the old font they used. The chevrons was kinda cool though. The only great uniform they released was the throwback.

Now I am aware some Rockets fans have a love/hate relationship with it but it's unique colour combination. Some feel it hails to a forgotten age that simply isnt relevant anymore; that it doesnt make any sense given that this isnt your dad's Houston Rockets. Others feel the ketchup and mustard made the Rockets instant identifiable; that the red and gold brings luck as it is the championship uniforms and needs to be respected as a part of basketball history. I understand both sides but the latter gets my vote, even though I am a firm believer in the halting oversaturation of NBA. 

I wanted to add a logo on the sides of the shorts but that it beyond my capabilites at the moment. Because of this the association and icon edition feels very much incomplete as I dont have any logos to put on the sides of the shorts. I apologize for this. However I tried and made a really cheap HR logo on the waistband to match the font in use. I might try to rescale it and add it to the sides of shorts. Rockets for the association and Houston for the icon, just as it should be. 
All in all I ended up with a uniform set that feels very much 90 inspired, which may be a bad or good thing. Another thing is the use of gold on the association: the numerals and players name looked strange with red outlines and visa versa; the pure gold looked cleaner so I kept it as such even though yellow/gold on white isnt exactly a match made in heaven.
I also kept the trim as pure and minimalistic as I could; white trim on home and red trim on away. 

The statement is based on the infamous Rockets uniform from 95'. I took the blue and turned it into this very deep, dark space-ish void blue - it's exactly at the border of black. The pinstripes are cut and edited with a gradient to give of this shield-ish kinda shine and to look like something interstellar. Talking about interstaller, I added stars. Kinda far out there look and very much reminiscent of Orlando Magic's city edition from 17'. Stars are certainly "magical" however I can argue that a team named Rockets certainly can use stars as a theme too. The trim and pin stripes on this statement concept gives me vibes of the iconic Bulls alternate from 95' - I dont think that was my original intention though as I originally used red and yellow trim, but the red and white won out because of the contrast. 
I went with Houston for the statement, however Rockets might work better. 

It has come to my attention that a user on reddit with the name pepman33 has claimed my concepts for his/her own; going way back to my old Lakers concept. I gather he's maybe a user on this site too so I wanted to exclusively say to him: if you are going to steal my concepts, at least have the decency to give me credit. 

Houston Rockets Association Edition Uniform Concept
TXlTG34.png

Houston Rockets Icon Edition Uniform Concept

kJHMdrG.png

Houston Rockets Statement Edition Uniform Concept

YdaMQQg.png

• Tore changed the title to 2019/20 NIKE x NBA Concepts | Houston Rockets

I also thought that was a Bulls jersey at first. And after I realized it was a Rockets jersey, I thought the design was white paint splatters. Maybe some of the stars need to be more faint? As far as removing it from looking like a Bulls jersey, I'm not sure the pinstripes are really needed. That would go a long ways.

@Lights Out @Hawkeye15 - Thank you so much for your criticism! For the association and icon I will remove the side panels to make it less Hawks and for the statement I will remove the pinstripe pattern and reduce the intensity of the stars. Ill post them soon. I will also replace the white trim with yellow for the statement. Hopefully these changes will make the set look better. 

@Hawkeye15 - Ive reversed it back to the ketchup and mustard theme, dimmed the stars and removed the shield/pinstripes. Also changed the typeface. I might revisit this revised edition in a couple of days as I got a direction I really want to pursue. Hope it looks better.

Houston Rockets Statement Edition Uniform Concept revised

sg5QFyD.png

So to continue with the revision wishes, here are the updated association and icon. I removed the "Hawk-ish" sidepanels, kept the ketchup and mustard and I added the statement pattern based of the Gemini program. Also made the back numeral slightly bigger. Thats basically it. 

Houston Rockets Association Edition Uniform Concept revised

df0OHrx.png

Houston Rockets Icon Edition Uniform Concept revised

cb4PHnt.png

• Tore changed the title to 2019/20 NIKE x NBA Concepts | Houston Rockets Updated
On 11/19/2019 at 3:02 PM, Tore said:

@Hawkeye15 - Ive reversed it back to the ketchup and mustard theme, dimmed the stars and removed the shield/pinstripes. Also changed the typeface. I might revisit this revised edition in a couple of days as I got a direction I really want to pursue. Hope it looks better.

Houston Rockets Statement Edition Uniform Concept revised

sg5QFyD.png

😍

WOW 

sig.png

@tigerslionspistonshabs - Thank you so much for the feedback! Anything you would want changed? I was planning on making a Gemini Program inspired uniform for the Rockets but went the easy route instead. 

1 hour ago, Tore said:

@tigerslionspistonshabs - Thank you so much for the feedback! Anything you would want changed? I was planning on making a Gemini Program inspired uniform for the Rockets but went the easy route instead. 

Honestly, not at all. It's different without being over the top. I get a real 70's NASA vibe from it. 

The whole Rockets set, as well as this entire series, is top notch. 👍

sig.png

There's a lot to say about the Washington Wizards. First off I really do not like the team name Wizards, I really do not like it at all. It doesnt make any sense. Its a more fun name than Bullets, however Wizards is a more fitting name for an Orlando based team in my opinion. Washington has the Capitals and Nationals and then comes the Wizards and Redskins. Now the team name does not have to fit in but Washington being the capital of the US I feel its very appropriate to have a team name that reflects the special location and pays respect.

There were several candidates for the rename - Justice, Federals(fan favourite), Diplomats, Patriots, Valour, 
Statesmen, Senators, and Sentinels. In the end it stood between Senators and Sentinels. The former won out. I am well aware of Ottawa Senators but it’s not like the Wiz is going to rebrand any time soon so it works, for now.
I remember reading about real name suggestions being Dragons, Sea Dogs and Express(the best of them). I find this kinda insane to be honest - Sea Dogs and Dragons?? 
If any of you have would like to see Sentinels or any other name, Ill try it out, just give me a shout. 

The only colour that received a slight update was navy; I wanted it even a bit darker. If the Sixers colorscheme is Batman from 1989 then the Senators is the Dark Knight, if that makes any sense. I really just wanted a more military and reserved tone. Just recently saw A Few Good Men which definitely inspired my choice of finishing and renaming the Wizards. 

I searched several sites and used the Wizards NBA media guide as reference. 
The design is not original by any strech; its based on the fan favourite Stars and Stripes from the 16/17' season and now the so called "City Edition", which is a modified version of the former. I also researched a lot about the three stars and stripe, as I thought it was too reminiscent of the Bulls city edition from the previous year. So I started researching and was happy to find out that the flag of Washington DC is based on the design of the coat of arms granted to George Washington's great-great-great-grandfather, which again inspired the Stars and Stripes - which I found very cool! 

The association and icon is very much the same, just recoloured. I added the monument logo on the side shorts and changed the flag of DC into a kind of primordial stars and stripes version. For the statement, which could probably  rather be a city edition, I just went full flag of DC mode. I added the monument logo on the waist. 

I have made a slightly different version where I incorporated more silver(New England Patriots inspired) but I think the choice of white is better as it is more crisp and clean. 
Slight tweaks will probably follow but all in all they are 99% finished. 

Washington Senators Association Edition Uniform Concept  

X9m0qoa.png

Washington Senators Icon Edition Uniform Concept 

EAywwCB.png

Washington Senators Statement Edition Uniform Concept

VLK3Sj3.png

• Tore changed the title to 2019/20 NIKE x NBA Concepts | Washington Senators(Wizards)
  • 3 weeks later...

Atlanta Hawks for me is red, white and yellow. Ever since they included the disgusting vomit volt green, I have had a difficult time taking the uniforms seriously. Using the abhorrent colour was never ever considered, however I did make two alternate sets, with red, white and peach. Red, white and yellow was the way to go. That said, I dont really mind the "winged" subliminal pattern. One can argue that the pattern looks more quilted than winged though. For some reason the Hawks have chosen to not include the pattern on the shorts, which I think is a mistake as it makes the uniform more wholesome. 

I took inspiration from my Hawk-ish Houston Rockets concept and I browsed through every single uniform the Hawks have worn since their relocation to Atlanta. As always, I want to keep the concepts within Nikes minimalistic era of design but I always wanted to the Hawks to have this vintage vibe as well. The chest stripes are slightly askew with the wordmark(I used the current Hawks wordmark - might be some sizes too large at the moment but it works). I added some trim on the left side of the shorts to mirror the chest and to keep it interesting. 

The belt also mirrors the asymmetrical pattern of the chest and short trim. The logo is now red and yellow instead of white and red, I might have to resize it a bit on the side shorts. 
I am still unsure if black was the right choice for the statement edition; yellow was a bit too much. There is no difference between the uniforms except colour - kinda boring though - I might remake the Wilkins uniform into a statement one day soon instead. 
Above the jock tag it says "True to Atlanta" in Coca Cola font, which I thought was a cool little add on. 
During my process with the Hawks I feel I can say that seems to me they went for something that is easy marketable, instead of doing the hard but right thing which is timeless and not going all insane(volt). 

All in all, it's been kinda hard to know which direction to go with the Hawks. I never knew too much about them and after visiting a lot of forums I feel the die hard fans themselves are kinda contradicting when it comes to what they really want from a team uniform. One thing is sure though, they do not want volt green with red, white and black. 

Atlanta Hawks Association Edition Uniform Concept

drFdQv5.png

Atlanta Hawks Icon Edition Uniform Concept

DRQR45O.png

Atlanta Hawks Statement Edition Uniform Concept

apFFFaO.png

• Tore changed the title to 2019/20 NIKE x NBA Concepts | Atlanta Hawks

@jaytavo305 is toughhhhhhh good or bad? Any direction you would like me to pursue with the Hawks? Should they rather be 70s green and blue? 

11 hours ago, Tore said:

@jaytavo305 is toughhhhhhh a good or bad? Any direction you would like me to pursue with the Hawks? Should they rather be 70s green and blue? 

tough is good haha, I'm a big fan. the green and blue is nice but i agree that the hawks should be red and yellow, so this works perfect

Archived