• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bcon_731 I will try out both ideas! I just had to ask as I was a bit uncertain of what you meant. Sorry about that!

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

@bcon_731 Here it is. I changed to waistband 500 to the ball inside the Pacers logo - should have kept the 500 but besides that I think it looks kinda cool(!) 

Indiana Pacers Hickory Alternate Uniform Concept
LCzOI58.png

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

• Tore changed the title to 2019/20 NIKE x NBA Concepts | Indiana Pacers 500/Hickory Alt

@tigerslionspistonshabs - thank you so very much! I appreciate it! 

@bcon_731 - I have seen the ones GameplanCreativeCHI posted on twitter, if those are the ones you are refering to? Flo-Jos are a classic!

@CLEstones - I havent shared my new template with anyone. 

7 hours ago, Tore said:

@tigerslionspistonshabs - thank you so very much! I appreciate it! 

@bcon_731 - I have seen the ones GameplanCreativeCHI posted on twitter, if those are the ones you are refering to? Flo-Jos are a classic!

@CLEstones - I havent shared my new template with anyone. 

Any chance of a PSD version or something similar?  It's one of the only basketball ones that can show the entire uniform. 

@CLEstones I am sorry to say that I dont wish to share it, as of right now. It has taken me months to create and it is still a work in progress. Even if I did share it, it would be an issue as all the layers, layer-groups, patterns and shapes are all in norwegian. I might make a less extensive template in english to share in a little while. In fact, if the municipality of Oslo enacts quarantine here I might start making one soon(!) 

I was originally going to post something else. I was considering posting either a new Boston Celtics St. Patricks concept or the Toronto Raptors, or some other team I have finished. However I feel kinda drained these days so I needed something out of the box and fun to make. Then the news that Tom Brady is leaving the New England Patriots came a couple of days ago. 

I have mentioned this before but I think a tribute/homage series would be kinda cool. I am aware that I am in the minority when it comes to this but at least it's a fun exercise. The reason why I am jumping on these "Homage Editions" is that I am really struggling creating city editions. I am not from the US, I know some history but it is very much superficial like Los Angeles with Hollywood and beaches, New Orleans with jazz music and BBQ. It's almost stereotypical, which really is a shame. 
A very special few people leave marks on their respective team city. LeBron James will always be royalty in Cleveland, same with the late great Kobe Bryant(horrible, absolutely horrible) and certainly Tom Brady. I was actually working on a Kobe Bryant Homage Edition when I just abandoned the concept as I couldnt make it worthy of him. 

Seeing Patriots, Bruins, Red Sox and Celtics social media accounts thanking him, I thought it would be fun to envision a homage uniform to him in an alternate dimension. There is no doubt that Tom Brady an intricate part of one of the four great franschises in Boston(New England if you will), and he is and will always be very special to the city. This homage edition will probably never happen; certainly not the way I present it. If the Celtics were to do this it would still be green.  

I dont know alot about the NFL, however I went through a lot of New England Patriots uniform history when I made the Washington Senators(Wizards) concept.
I used the New England Patriots away uniform(?) as the basis as I think it's the most iconic uniform the Patriots have. I used white as trim originally, but decided to use silver as it is has a more mature and serious tone. The whole idea was to make the uniform as a NFL/NBA mashup, but keeping it as much basketball-like as possible. The crewneck won out against the v-neck, even though v-neck would be a better match compared to the Pats uniform.
I used classic Celtics trim on the shorts, contemplated to add the minute man logo to the shorts but it wouldnt fit so I put him on the waistband. Above the jocktag I added "thank you Tom", just as the Celtics, Bruins, Sox and Patriots have done on their social media accounts. The wordmark isnt perfect by all means, and very large, but it works. The numerals are slightly bigger than normal to match the NFL. I should've used the Celtics clover and added Patriots colours in hindsight. 
Instead of the standard 17 championship tag I changed it to 6 and used an american football - thought it was a fun detail. 

Hope you guys like it. And even though I dont follow the NFL, I appreciate what you have done to great city of Boston. Thank you Tom!

All comments and criticisms are greatly appreciated! And most importantly -> stay safe and wash your hands!

Boston Celtics Homage Edition Uniform Concept

RsKs8Cd.jpg

• Tore changed the title to 2019/20 NIKE x NBA Concepts | Boston Celtics Homage Edition "Thank You Tom"
  • Tore changed the title to 2019/20 NIKE x NBA Concepts | Boston Celtics Tom Brady Homage Edition "Thank You Tom"

@mvk What did and didnt you like about the concept? And what is it that makes it gross? 

@mvk I understand! I dont have the same relationship with him as you certainly do. If it was a tribute for Larry Bird, Bill Russell - something like the Shaq Lakers tribute uniform? 

I think it would be cool to see it have more Celtics related elements, like it saying Celtics on the front of making it white (a shared color between Celtics and pats).

Excellent!

@Krz Thats aboslutely true. I tried several mashups, but they just didnt look right to me. I never considered keeping Celtics on the jersey however. Im gonna try some more - thank you very much for your comment!  

After talking with some friends and taking the comments to heart I tried to make a more acceptable Homage edition to Tom Brady. I kept the uni white and I made the Pats wordmark somewhat Celtics-ish. Navy and silver trimming, while keeping the red to minimal. I added a red clover to the waistband to make it more "Celtics", but I see that this isnt really a Celtics uniform, more a Pats uniform in NBA. I considered going back to the 17 championship tag but felt that as this is for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots that the 6 championship tag fits more. 
Anyway it was a fun exercise and after posting this one I am back to my usual concepts for a while. 

All comments and criticisms are greatly appreciated! And most importantly -> stay safe and wash your hands!

Boston Celtics Homage Edition Uniform Concept V2
dtefFto.jpg

• Tore changed the title to 2019/20 NIKE x NBA Concepts | Boston Celtics Tom Brady Homage Edition "Thank You Tom" - Version 2

Another option for the wordmark would just be "New England" - not necessarily shared by both teams, but the Celtics do represent all of New England!

Otherwise, I really like these concepts. The only thing that's a tad off-putting about the white set is that it doesn't quite resemble the Pats' uniforms, since they wear dark pants on the road. Not that I think this would look better with shorts of a different color 😂 but the monochrome look fits better on the blue set. Again, these look great!

Archived