Sign in to follow this  
Gary.

2019 NASCAR Thread

On 4/5/2019 at 1:10 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I’ll miss ”ol’ Dee-Dubuhyuh”. He can be annoying at times, but he also had some great insight. 

Too many "Grandpa telling stories too long" moments, and jumping over Gordon when he has specific information.  This, like I said before, is mostly on Fox and their "brilliant" tv team. 

43 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Time to take a nod from WWE and tarp that stuff off for TV with some ads on them. 

Just now, kmccarthy27 said:

Time to take a nod from WWE and tarp that stuff off for TV with some ads on them. 

They only sold the front and backstretch.  There were no tickets available for sale in the turns. 

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

They only sold the front and backstretch.  There were no tickets available for sale in the turns. 

Still wasn’t sold out, and less tickets were sold than at Texas last week. 

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/nascar-monster-energy-tiered-sponsorship-model

Nascar has reportedly rejected an offer from Monster Energy to extend its title sponsorship of the US stock car racing series in order to push ahead with a new tiered partnership model.

According to the Sports Business Journal, the energy drink brand offered to extend its deal for an additional year to give Nascar more time to finalise its sponsorship restructure. However, Nascar has apparently turned down that option to keep moving forward with the new model, with Monster now in talks about becoming a lower-level partner.

Wow Martin Truex Jr won on a short track! Did you know that he hadn’t before this? It took 81 tries wow, I can’t believe Fox hadn’t said anything about that. Maybe someone should tell them so they can mention that before tonight he had never won on a short track. 

I'll be honest; I haven't paid any attention to this year's campaign. Probably because I don't exactly have a favorite driver anymore, since AJ retired at the end of last season.

I mean, there are a couple of guys I have a rooting interest in (Blaney, DiBenedetto), but neither has gotten to the point of being the new top dog in the doghouse. Maybe it's me still holding out hope AJ returns; but the past few years have been extremely frustrating and pessimistic rooting for him. Because in the back of my mind I knew something bad was going to happen to the team. Because bad luck and misfortune always seemed to find a way to occur.

Now I'm back working my seasonal job at the local minor league baseball stadium, I'm not going to be able to watch most of the races. But, since I wasn't really watching them to begin with, am I really missing out?

4 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Jimmie Johnson is apparently running in the Boston Marathon today. 

And they say drivers aren't athletes.  

Finished in under 3 hours 10 minutes. 

Received many Tweets from drivers.  This is the frontrunner for best.

https://twitter.com/KyleLarsonRacin/status/1117880206482530304

On 4/15/2019 at 4:23 PM, Needschat said:

Finished in under 3 hours 10 minutes. 

Received many Tweets from drivers.  This is the frontrunner for best.

https://twitter.com/KyleLarsonRacin/status/1117880206482530304

I dislike Johnson or any car wearing a bowtie, but big congratulations to him!!!