Alamo City 1836 Ladies 2019 jerseys

MJWalker45

lwKQBKq.png

ZbEwxfG.png

bSL0vAB.jpg

ljDir6d.png

bHhfxPx.png

Going with the idea that IFA teams would match up with their EPL counterparts and have women's teams I created Alamo City 1836 Ladies. Borrowing from the Portland Thorns and Orlando Pride I also decided to make them their own appropriate logo as Davy Crockett doesn't really look right as the logo of a women's team. The woman, identified as the "Spirit of Texas", is located on the back of the Alamo Cenotaph was chosen instead as it tied in directly to the Alamo and Crockett who is himself located on the Cenotaph. The Texas flag stands behind her as the Alamo stands at the top of the badge, which again is a variation of the city seal of San Antonio. The words, Libertatis Cunablia (Cradle of Liberty) are included as is the Lone Star. The home and away jerseys follows the same rules as the men, USA uniform inspirations for the home, Mexico based designed for the aways. The third shirt is a Fiesta jersey. Fiesta is a 2 week party across the city with multiple parades, shows and pageants. Some of the best know parts of Fiesta are NIOSA (Night in Old San Antonio), a small fair in downtown San Antonio, El Rey Feo Pageant (The Ugly King), The River Parade, and the Battle of Flowers Parade which at one time was simply coaches driving around San Antonio and bedecked in flowers that the ladies would eventually start throwing at each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiesta_San_Antonio

In addition, the ladies have a special one off jersey in recognition of Autism Awareness Day, which is April 2nd, 2019. 

rJu3uV0.png

YmZEnN7.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, dakotapalm said:

That's beautiful. Your work is very detailed on this. The crest feels a little busy to me. I wonder how it would show up in grayscale/ black and white. There are a LOT of colors on in it. But the jerseys are great.

Thanks I did set up a monochrome badge as well, for training gear and such.

OhxUmP3.png

SQFIA7V.png

And another badge with less color added to it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The crest looks much cleaner without the extra colors, but the Spirit of Texas is a bit hard to see in her monochrome form. Maybe stylize the statue a bit? As for the autism awareness logo, maybe recolor the logo using the au-aware colors, red, yellow, blue, and cyan. The puzzle pieces seem a bit busy, and they’re usually associated with Autism Speaks, a less than reputable organization that promotes ableist ideals and believes that autism can be "cured," as if it were a disease, but that’s another story...

Also, I love the jersey designs. I think the white one may be my favorite.

Waaaaay to complicated to be acceptable. Get rid of the drop shadow on the “Alamo city” get rid of the beveling on the star, simplify the statue and remove the thing at the top of the crest, and maybe remove some of the extra outlines and flag. I really like the monochrome blue crest, it’s much better in general. Although the statue is still way to detailed. The autism speaks logo is much worse, as in its much more cluttered and busy. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

5 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Waaaaay to complicated to be acceptable. Get rid of the drop shadow on the “Alamo city” get rid of the beveling on the star, simplify the statue and remove the thing at the top of the crest, and maybe remove some of the extra outlines and flag. I really like the monochrome blue crest, it’s much better in general. Although the statue is still way to detailed. The autism speaks logo is much worse, as in its much more cluttered and busy. 

You mean get rid of the Alamo? Or the part that the team name sits on?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I concur. Shrink the logo even a centimeter and you lose most of those details--essentially wasted work. Figure out how to create this logo in as few shapes as is necessary to keep it distinct and recognizable.

rATMcmK.png

CWDiZI9.png

e0I654V.png

Going back to the drawing board I ditched the frame underneath the Alamo and went with a rectangle instead. I also tossed the beveling but kept the font the same to tie back to the men's badge. The Texas flag remains as an element of the city seal but since I didn't want the star on it's side it's been rotated. I've also included a couple of models to show how they'd look on polos or jerseys.

KDkbAq3.png

Ce8b2bL.png

Without the Texas flag. Replaces the flag with the chest stripe/city flag pattern from 2018-2019.

5cgwuxz.png

6XLINJ3.png

gYROIlG.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

You’re definitely close, I still think the statue is much too complicated to ever be reproduced at a smaller level, making the kits hard to make and any merchandise harder. The little thing inside the Alamo shape is also pointless. I’d put the text up there, rather than it’s own box and scale the statue up and make it much more streamlined.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The statue is really cool, and if simplified correctly can be a really amazing centerpiece, but right now it looks like more of an engraving on a state park plaque than anything. Take the most important visual elements in the statue and truly create a logo or simplified illustration of the statue, and wham bam thank you ma’am that’s a good crest. The pieces are there, it’s just up to you to figure out what are the things you want people to focus on when they see the logo.

Archived