Sec19Row53

Eagles want Kelly Green Jersey in 2020

Recommended Posts

It’s just a term used to differentiate slightly different colors within a hue family, no different than royal v. navy, forest v. kelly, or red v. cardinal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike the differentiation of actual color hues, it's a term used to lessen the association of yellow as the color of cowards/color of pee. Otherwise, why not just call it what it is?

 

So we'll call it "gold," and we'll get frantic if anyone deviates from the prescribed naming convention.

DcJn0JXVwAAacb_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or you can just not get butt hurt about people calling a color a certain name, the blues do indeed use yellow, so do the grizzlies, ect. It’s just when it has an orange hue to it it’s called athletic gold when used in athletics. That’s where it gets it’s name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Captain Poncho said:

Unlike the differentiation of actual color hues, it's a term used to lessen the association of yellow as the color of cowards/color of pee. Otherwise, why not just call it what it is?

 

So we'll call it "gold," and we'll get frantic if anyone deviates from the prescribed naming convention.

DcJn0JXVwAAacb_.jpg

 

I guess that’s a possibility, but pee comes in all shades, my friend. They even have pee color charts in nearly every locker room. Personally, I don’t think it’s a forced distinction. They’re different colors, and much like maroon, cardinal, crimson and other names are used in place of “dark red,” gold is used in place of “dark yellow” (though if you, as a purist, wish to say dark yellow instead of gold, then I’m pretty sure most people would still understand what you’re referring to). If it was a stretch to call the color gold, or it was indistinguishable from yellow, then I’d agree with your position here, but it’s not:

 

spacer.png

 

Maybe “goldenrod” would meet your approval?

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manipulating saturation levels to mimic yellow in the actual element gold is easy to do - and easy to undo.

 

40628028803_62719dd4c4_b.jpg

 

It's a forced distinction especially in sports, because there are plenty of excellent examples of gold vs. yellow, yet with both teams insisting they're wearing "gold."

 

Steelers-at-Saints.jpg

 

Who's wearing gold here, and who is wearing yellow? Are they both right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 8:47 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

There's simply no way for them to be able to do this without repainting the helmets.  Even if they painted them during a bye week when there's no practice, they wouldn't have time to re-paint them before they're needed for the following week's practice.

 

The only way they could pull off a kelly alt uniform + helmet would be if the Patriots choose to wear white again in LIV.

Vinyl Covers for the helmets, or... .get this....and hear me out... darken the colors a little bit on the jersey to make them closer to each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

 

 

Steelers-at-Saints.jpg

 

Who's wearing gold here, and who is wearing yellow? Are they both right?

 

They're both wearing gold.  One team is wearing"athletic gold" and the other is wearing"Vegas gold".

 

 

 

Jeebus, this old discussion is tiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

 

DcJn0JXVwAAacb_.jpg

 

 

If your pee is the color of Nashville's jerseys you really REALLY need to hydrate better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If your pee is the color of Nashville's jerseys you really REALLY need to hydrate better.

 

Can we bring this back to the tired line about how the Padres’ soon-to-be color scheme resembles human liquid and solid evacuations? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about we talk about the Eagles’ desire for a kelly green throwback and get past this discussion where someone is getting oddly personal over what we call the Steelers’ pants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 7:56 AM, dont care said:

Maybe use a photo that was actually from an HD camera. An old washed out photo will look better than the actual kelly green that was used.

I miss those Carmichael jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelly green is a much better color than the dated midnight green but I feel like I'm in the minority in the Philadelphia area. Most people I have talked to in this area still want the midnight green. Then again, a lot of people like the black Flyers alternates, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

Kelly green is a much better color than the dated midnight green but I feel like I'm in the minority in the Philadelphia area. Most people I have talked to in this area still want the midnight green. Then again, a lot of people like the black Flyers alternates, too.

 

I don't think you're necessarily in the minority, but I think that most people simply don't care.  Whenever I hear the discussion, it's usually "yeah, they should bring back the kelly green, but whatever, Dallas sucks!"

 

If there was a poll taken, I'm sure kelly green would win, but I don't think enough people care enough to make a thing out of it.  As long as they're winning, nobody cares what they're wearing.

 

IMO the alt is clearly the best solution.  I really like their current uniforms (minus the silly blackout set) but once a year in either a kelly alt or darker-kelly alt (I'm not sure the Cunningham-era set could be called kelly) would be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Kelly green is a much better color than the dated midnight green but I feel like I'm in the minority in the Philadelphia area. Most people I have talked to in this area still want the midnight green. Then again, a lot of people like the black Flyers alternates, too.

 

The Eagles have almost looked blueish-green to me at times. Like a teal green

 

spacer.png

 

I do wish they'd eliminate the cartoon bird, and cartoon wings from the helmet and go with something more classic. It's just dated mid 90's stuff. It doesn't look bad but it's past its prime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I do wish they'd eliminate the cartoon bird, and cartoon wings from the helmet and go with something more classic. It's just dated mid 90's stuff. It doesn't look bad but it's past its prime

Totally agree. The whole cartoon mascot thing needs to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree on the helmet - those wings always seemed cartoony to me.  Too round, too much coloring. If they want to keep the shape, then make the inside a solid color.  Better yet a more angled design would match the logo better and look more "professional".

 

As for the logo, I don't see it as "cartoony".  I think it sets the standard for contemporary "aggressive" logos.  It's agressive but not "cartoony" aggressive, it has bold lines but not too many of them, and it works on just about every application, from embroidery to print to large size to small.

 

It's not necessarily my favorite logo, but one of my favorite of its era.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I agree on the helmet - those wings always seemed cartoony to me.  Too round, too much coloring. If they want to keep the shape, then make the inside a solid color.  Better yet a more angled design would match the logo better and look more "professional".

 

As for the logo, I don't see it as "cartoony".  I think it sets the standard for contemporary "aggressive" logos.  It's agressive but not "cartoony" aggressive, it has bold lines but not too many of them, and it works on just about every application, from embroidery to print to large size to small.

 

It's not necessarily my favorite logo, but one of my favorite of its era.  

I agree on the logo, but not the wings.. their current wings are the best they've ever had on a green helmet.. they could stand to be tweaked here or there, but I like that the shading adds some dimension.. I think maybe adjusting the shape a bit and adjusting the weight of the outlines a bit could work, but I wouldn't want them going too far from what they have now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 10:47 AM, jmac11281 said:

Kelly green is a much better color than the dated midnight green but I feel like I'm in the minority in the Philadelphia area. Most people I have talked to in this area still want the midnight green. Then again, a lot of people like the black Flyers alternates, too.

 

I've been a kelly green supporter for years but even I'll say I'm ok with midnight, they just need to clean it up. My proposal:

 

  1. Adjust it to be a little more green and less blue
  2. Use a flat finish for the helmet, as the glossy style can sometimes change the color
  3. Remove most of the black
  4. Change name and number fonts

I think these can make a huge difference if done correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.