Australian A-League: MORE CLUBS! Napier added 10/23

mcrosby

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two more for you to chew on. 

Auckland City FC. Simplicity and stripes wins the day here. 

vrhjsjk.png

And one that I'm not sure about, and definitely the weirdest of the bunch. Sunshine Coast Fire FC. The current crest is pretty standard cookie cutter low-league football. I toyed with various sun and flame imagery but it all felt a bit machismo. Then I came across an Australian fire opal. Turns out making a logo version of an opal is not the easiest thing in the world, but I'm pretty happy with this look. I figure some iridescent treatment like the 2019 Tottenham kit would work well. 

ZUQl0hF.png

That leaves 3 clubs to make 32 (although now the idea of 36 clubs in 3 leagues has me thinking...If anyone has ideas for the rest, I'm all ears.  

• Sutherland Shire
  • Christchurch
  • Wellington Phoenix
  • Christchurch
  • 4 other clubs???

19 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Here's the other Tas club, and a third Perth club. 

Launceston: Known for its giant Eucalyptus trees I went with the Rangers monicker and a nice eucalyptus green. I initially paired it with a dark forest green, but green belongs to Hobart Town. 

KJl4mLI.png

West Coast Eendracht FC: The dutch ship Eendracht came upon the West coast of Australia in 1615, albeit quite a bit North of Perth. The name Eendracht in Dutch literally means 'carrying (as) one' meaning together or in concord, but is also translated as "unity" or "union". So it's a new way of calling a club United while still being unique. The ship in the logo is from an old Dutch East India Company plaque. 

H2h97SK.png

Two stunning logos right there. The Launceston one is especially great with such a unique combination of colours. :)

Also, in terms of the 3 remaining clubs, my votes are for Wellington Phoenix and Christchurch for sure. Maybe Echuca or Bendigo? 

VHj90kn.png

Wellington: Stripes, a W, a phoenix. 

xktpDRQ.png

FC Sutherland Shire. The shire seems to love sharks in their sports logos. I had a bunch of shark fin designs piled up from an attempt at a San Jose Sharks redesign, so I've done some recycling. 

h8h27fd.png

The Pukeko, which 'invaded' New Zealand less than 1,000 years ago. Invaders seemed like a great name so I ran with it. 

7n2JNRM.png

XvhdKHH.png

A rectangle is imo an awkward shape for a crest, maybe try a triangle? Like the San Jose Sharks alt logo? I’d be down to see those concept attempts too!

The league looks great! My favorite are the Rangers, it looks gorgeous. I also really like West Coast, The Roar, and Cairns. Good work all around! 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Wellington Phoenix is top class. Not sure what I think about the "F" and "C" on each side on the Christchurch though.

If you need more team ideas you could always look to the AFL. Maybe some teams could expand into real football. Maybe Carlton, Collingwood or Essendon?

Outstanding series! The diversity of crest styles on display from a single designer is most impressive. My personal "Top Ten" is as follows...

Sydney FC
Launceston Rangers FC
Geelong Greys FC
Ballarat 1854 FC
Racing FC Fremantle
Ipswich Pride FC
Perth Glory
Western Sydney Wanderers
Townsville FC Nomads
Cairns FC

4 hours ago, RasmV said:

Wellington Phoenix is top class. Not sure what I think about the "F" and "C" on each side on the Christchurch though.

If you need more team ideas you could always look to the AFL. Maybe some teams could expand into real football. Maybe Carlton, Collingwood or Essendon?

That's a lot of Melbourne region.

Archived