Australian A-League: MORE CLUBS! Napier added 10/23

mcrosby

I like the update to Hobart Town; it's got a sort of timeless feel.

Newcastle looks excellent! A huge upgrade. I'm curious to see a beveled version (a la Winnipeg), since the jet feels a tad flat.

BTW, I think Geelong looks a bit better without the bevels.

Well-executed refresh for Macarthur.

For Ipswich, I like the new font. The monogram doesn't mesh well with the axes. I think the axes work well enough on their own.

The T/bat is really cool for Townsville, and the colors are great. The V feels a bit out of place, but it's a solid logo either way. I'd make "Townsville Nomads" official if I were you, it's a pretty great name!

Overall good work, once again!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, vtgco said:

I like the update to Hobart Town; it's got a sort of timeless feel.

Newcastle looks excellent! A huge upgrade. I'm curious to see a beveled version (a la Winnipeg), since the jet feels a tad flat.

BTW, I think Geelong looks a bit better without the bevels.

Well-executed refresh for Macarthur.

For Ipswich, I like the new font. The monogram doesn't mesh well with the axes. I think the axes work well enough on their own.

The T/bat is really cool for Townsville, and the colors are great. The V feels a bit out of place, but it's a solid logo either way. I'd make "Townsville Nomads" official if I were you, it's a pretty great name!

Overall good work, once again!

Thanks for all the feedback. I messed around with adding "nomads" somewhere on the crest but couldn't find a good fit. Got ideas?

I think Townsville looks great! Those are colors I want to see a pro team in Arizona use (too much maroon here). Copper and Turquoise look like they’re meant to be together when executed this well. Also, Nomads is a perfect soccer name. I see it falling in line with names like “Wanderers”, but is different enough to not be stepping on anyone’s toes in the league. 

2 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

I bet people from Townsville hate that cartoon with a passion. Also, I can’t imagine where you’re gonna cram eight more teams in the Land Down Under... unless you want to make the A-League multinational, put teams in New Zealand, PNG, Singapore...

Right now the plan is 4 NZ Clubs, Sunshine Coast, another Perth, Launceston, and Sutherland Shire bt PNG and Singapore are an interesting concept. 

Here's the other Tas club, and a third Perth club. 

Launceston: Known for its giant Eucalyptus trees I went with the Rangers monicker and a nice eucalyptus green. I initially paired it with a dark forest green, but green belongs to Hobart Town. 

KJl4mLI.png

West Coast Eendracht FC: The dutch ship Eendracht came upon the West coast of Australia in 1615, albeit quite a bit North of Perth. The name Eendracht in Dutch literally means 'carrying (as) one' meaning together or in concord, but is also translated as "unity" or "union". So it's a new way of calling a club United while still being unique. The ship in the logo is from an old Dutch East India Company plaque. 

H2h97SK.png

9 hours ago, NJMHero21 said:

can you give us an idea of what other teams are coming

The Shire, Sunshine Coast, some more NZ clubs.

9 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Great looks all around, so when you say 32 teams you meant 3 full fledged tiers, 

I was thinking two 16 club leagues, but 3 leagues of 12 is intriguing. I'm not sure where I'd fit in another 4 clubs though.

Archived